“Excellent”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Pizza Express never fails to deliver first-class Pizza at reasonable prices. There is a good wine list too. The staff in this branch are delightful.

1 Thank David C

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cracking pizza...and good service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Walked in last Sunday for a quick bite. The restaurant was quiet but that did not put us off, I choose to see this a chilled Sunday afternoon late lunch. We were seated in the window (the upholstery could do with a refresh) the waitress was quick to take our order and was very professional. We ordered a shared starter of the Dough Balls Doppio which I had not tried before and they were gorgeous, light and fluffy and crispy on top - neither of us could decide on our favourite dip (garlic, pesto or n'duja). Main courses were Sloppy Giuesppe and my friend had the American Hot. The pizza was cooked to perfection - light and crispy with plenty of topping wonderfully spiced and I squeeze every last piece in. In fact I was enjoying it so much I only remembered to take a photograph before I devoured my last slice.

Value for money £34 (including 2 bottles of Peronni)

I have to say this food experience has converted me and I would recommend this restaurant and the chain and look forward to my next visit.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank louisesw
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor Service and forced donation to a Charity not requested.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived here at 5pm on sunday evening, we were welcomed by a lovely man with a beard who seamed to be in charge. Welcomed us to our table and got our drinks and made sure the kids got crayons and brought out there doughballs straight away. He finished shift just after and then it went down hill. We sat waiting with the menus on the table and had to call over a member of staff to order, who when arriving apologised and said she didnt realise we hadnt ordered. Food arrived really quick all cooked fine, but the service we received was lacking. Staff seamed to be more interested in chatting between themselves, total of about 10 people inside, and each time as had to prompt a member of staff about questions. We advised we were in a rush ordered the childrens puddings and a cheesecake, the cheesecake did not appear. When we received the bill we were annoyed that there was a 25p donation on there for some Cycle Slam 2014 race, I feel anything like this should be asked first. We were in a rush so didnt have time to quibble about it, but I did let the server know how annoyed we were at that. We have gone to Pizza Express on a number of times and think this branch is the worst for service (except the first guy) we have ever been to, we wont be back.

• Visited May 2014
“First and last visit”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We went today for the lunchtime special, not a great deal of choice, I chose the Italian meat sandwich, my daughter had basic pizza, mine was small really greasy, far to much olive oil and pesto, ordered chips ( got 5) nicely arranged but come on 5 chips, and they were over cooked, sent them back, my daughter ordered doe balls (4) come on now £5 for 5 chips and 4 doe balls just a bit much, daughters pizza was greasy and burnt round the edges, not quite sure how you can make a pizza greasy/soggy and burnt at the same time, but the so called chef managed, this might be because he spent most of the time he was making this ( ours was the only order) staring out the window!!! On informing the waitress that 5 chips were not worth what I was expected to pay , received in reply, I know we get this all the time it's not my fault, left most of mine , drinks were ok but you can't really go wrong with a hot chocolate and a lemonade,

• Visited May 2014
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Pizza express”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Decent food, service was good, the lad was helpful and friendly personally recommending a different sauce which we were glad he did!

Would go back!