“Great accommodation for my weekend break!”
Review of Parklands Hotel

Parklands Hotel
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was joined by 5 friends from my rambling club, all of who have stayed before. We were there as helpers at the annual walking event on the nearby Ridgeway long-distance footpath. The place is well-signposted in a picturesque village. Friendly staff, warm, comfortable and well-fitted bedroom. Good breakfast - plenty of choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a one night midweek stop at this hotel. I arrived late (23.15) but this didn't seem to cause a problem. Easy to find, and sign-posted off the main road, the parking was more or less on the street, but it's a quiet village so no real worries. Room was small for two but no complaints at the price. Had a good nights sleep, the shower and the TV worked and the breakfast was superb, really good quality local produce.
Hard to fault at the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After a warm welcome from the very nice landlady, things took a turn for the worse.

They say you pay for what you get - this has certainly never truer than when it comes to Parklands. There are 3 things I believe a hotel needs to do to work well - keep me warm, provide good food and provide a comfortable bed for the night - unfortunately Parklands struggles to do any of these!

The dinner I had was at best average. Considering the price of the menu, it needs to improve massively and further choice needs to be added. The beds were hard and uncomfortable - and squeaked every time I turned over, which doesn't really aid a good night's rest. And then the piece de la resistance - the radiator in the room was the smallest, most inefficient thing I have ever had the misfortune of using - my room was freezing from the beginning of my stay to the end - even after I had complained to the landlady about how cold the room was, they 'boosted' the heating - which had literally no effect!! So the result was a night spent under 3 extra blankets, an awful night's sleep and a lingering freezing cold nose - which is only just thawing as I write this review.

I would not recommend this hotel at all!!! If I was advising anyone I would say to look for a hotel on the other side of the M4 - you do not want to stay here!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in No 10!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 186338James186338
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We spent one very comfortable night in this friendly hotel, our room was tastefully decorated and had everything you could need. The reception area and restaurant seemed recently renovated and were clean and welcoming. An excellent breakfast mostly locally sourced, was included in the price

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just stayed for one night but found everything to be to a good standard. We ate in the restaurant/dining room which was very quiet but that suited us fine and the food was enjoyable and reasonably priced. The breakfast was really good and for what we paid it was very good value. I'm sure when busier it can have more atmosphere but the owners were very friendly and made us very welcome. The rooms are quite basic but again, for the money they were absolutely fine. It's fairly close to the town but you need a car to get from A to B. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed one night b&b in this nice little hotel. Staff and surroundings were pleasant.
Recommended. The Wiltshire breakfast is also recommended- very nice breakfast of eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomato, bacon and hash brown.
I found the staff to be attentive, but not in your face!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rory M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel was very clean and tidy. But we arrived to find know one around we rang the bell but still know one around. In the end my wife see a lady in the kitchen and went in to see her. We finally got our key to our room. We decided to freshen up then go down to the bar for a nice drink. We got down to the bar to find the tv on the bar open and once again know one to be seen. We waited for quite some time and decided to go to the local pub. The breakfast was lovely. We were booked in for two nights but left after one. There was no service. All the time we were there we couldn't even get a drink. We won't be going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Parklands Hotel? Share your experiences!