“Excellent night's stay at Avon Lodge”
Review of Avon Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton Benger
Avon Lodge B&B
Reviewed 11 August 2013

A fantastic lodge for our overnight stay en route to Cornwall. Would also be suitable for longer stays. Friendly welcome from owners, Chris & Carole, and their dogs! Delicious breakfast prepared and served to us in the lodge's conservatory dining room. Kitchen has all required amenities. Lovely gardens outside property. Luxurious bedrooms and very spacious bathroom with roll top bath. Tremendous towels! Would definitely stay here again in the future. Thank you, Carole & Chris.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This excellent B &B must be visited to appreciate the superb value for money that it offers.Set in a quiet and peaceful location,this lovely country cottage has the choice of two double bedrooms with its own lounge,kitchen, big bathroom with a roll top bath and separate shower cubicle and a large conservatory where breakfast is served.Our hosts Carole & Chris are a great team and provided every assistance and help throughout our stay.A comfortable nights sleep and a 5 star breakfast, prepared and served with TLC by our bespoke hosts completed a wonderful stay.We look forward to a return visit and would highly recommend Avon Lodge to anybody seeking quality accommodation and service which Carole & Chris provide.Zoe & Chris Griffin.Ealing,London

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We've just returned from a weekend staying here and could not have asked for anything more. Beautiful secluded cottage, gorgeous views and amazing hosts.

Carole was there to greet us as soon as we arrived and was so welcoming. She gave us the number of the local taxi company and we took a short ride to a lovely little restaurant.

The cottage itself is so peaceful. You can't beat sitting in that tub with the skylight open looking out across the countryside and making friends with the cows :) There were 2 rooms available but we had the whole place to ourselves- great value for money.

Chris and Carole came to prepare us a fantastic breakfast (at a time that suited us) in the morning. They provided anything we could have wanted- fruit, yoghurt, cereal, croissants, pastries and a full English! I just wished my stomach was bigger!

All in all a perfect stay. I would definitely consider staying again if I am nearby and would recommend it to anyone. Thanks so much Carole and Chris!

Room Tip: Both rooms were gorgeous. We stayed in the green room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very comfortable with lovely fluffy towels and friendly service.
Quiet location at the end of the lane,just you and the cows ! Beware, your sat nav won't find it, you need to use directions given.
Two rooms available,with your own kitchen. The cupcakes were tasty too.
Some good walks around.
Close to the motorway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank smpett
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is outstanding accommodation in every way. The decor,cleanliness and attention to detail. Chris and Carole work very hard to provide the best accommodation west of Claridges. What i didnt see in the other reviews is the fact that you get this accommodation entirely to yourselves. Essentially this is a little cottage - your given a key shown around and off you go. With hindsight we wish we had returned earlier and opened a bottle of wine in the beautiful garden. Breakfast is outstanding and they could not be more friendly. It really is the benchmark..

Room Tip: Suggest you bring a DVD as they have a good tv with a dvd player and after your evening drink you co...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank renemann
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We chose the Avon Lodge given its locality to a wedding which we attended. The room was excellent and situated in a desperate block from the main house. Loads of towels, clean and pressed linen and free roam of a minature cottage including a full kitchen, lounge and beautiful bathroom. To top it off, an excellent breakfast was provided by the friendly hosts at a time to suit us. An excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob T
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have just scanned all the reviews here and heartily agree with everything I have read. This was by far the greatest place I stayed at in my 10 days throughout England. Carole and Chris could not have been more welcoming, and I so enjoyed talking with them both. They had family in for the weekend, but invited me to meet them and use my internet connection in their private home. How nice is that!!!!

The separate cottage that I stayed in was immaculate. A sunny solarium was the perfect place to read and also dine in the morning. Chris cooks an amazing breakfast that will stay with you all day. There is a full kitchen and living room with plasma tv, but I did not even turn it on.

The bed was perfect and the down comforter so perfect for cool nights. The bath has a claw-footed tub under a skylight. Very special place. They are right next to a working farm, so it was fun to spend the night in the country. I took a walk down to the little church and cemetery near by and that was lovely, as well.

I wanted to go see a pretty village and Chris suggested Castle Combe. It was lovely, but I had to backtrack to see it as it is near Bath, and I had just come from there. Then I went to Avebury, which is about 40 minutes away from Avon Lodge.

It is not the easiest place to find. I suggest turning at the sign where you see the church. It is at the end of the road. My GPS was no help, as it kept trying to direct me south of M4. Call when you get close to get exact directions. I ended up going through one lane roads through high fields to find them, but I eventually did.

Truly, I can not recommend this B and B enough. I kind of hesitate to let the word out, as it will be filled all the time when people find what a bargain it is. I had the entire place to myself and felt like a queen. Thank you Chris and Carole for making this such a special memory!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
#2 of 31 in Chippenham
Bell House Hotel
Bell House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Benger

Been to Avon Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!