“A tale of two visits” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1919 Restaurant

1919 Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Malvern, United Kingdom
“A tale of two visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This review is for two visits.

The first was a Sunday lunch with my mother, husband and toddler. I advised them in advance that I was a vegan and when we got there they had compiled a vegan menu with three choices for each course and, honestly, the food was divine. My family all enjoyed theirs too. The service was great and the atmosphere was very relaxed. We loved it.

On the back of that we booked for an evening for my birthday. Again I advised them that I was a vegan and again they gave me my own menu. This time the choices were three for each course except pudding which was sorbet or sorbet. My meal was nice but not anywhere near as imaginative or tasty as the Sunday selection a few weeks before which was a shame as I had been really looking forward to this meal. My husband enjoyed his meal very much.

On the back of that I would still return but I won't be rushing back. This is a shame as I thought I had found somewhere local that was *special* and now I don't feel that.

All of that said. This restaurant is lovely, the service is good and the chocs you get with your tea and coffee I'm told are divine.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pattinfamily, Owner at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
I was glad to read you were catered for as a vegan, and rightly. Sad though that the evening was not as good as lunch, if anything it should have been the other way around. We have changed the menu and hope that it may have things on it that might tempt you to return. Thank you for your honesty.

Malvern, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Three of us went to celebrate a birthday, we had pre-booked and were expected, the receptionist did not have to look find our names. We were offered a choice of outside (in the sunshine), or the lounge. Drinks orders were taken menus given out, and choices of the days soup given without any hesitation. The drinks arrived very quickly. We opted for items from both the lunch and the light lunch menu. We finished our drinks at a lovely table in the window of the restaurant, making the best of the view (it was now drizzling). The food was delicious and very well served, there was a choice of coffees at the end. Not expensive and would definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pattinfamily, Owner at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
It's a shame you had to move indoors but I'm glad we had a window table for you. I'm delighted you enjoyed your lunch and I'd like to thank you for taking the trouble to post a review.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Birthday surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is as described by the "daily mail" best view in England . We wanted to find some where special to take our family and friends for a birthday treat on Sunday , came across it by chance on the internet . This didn't let us down ,the whole experience was a real treat from the start as being welcomed at the door.The setting is lovely , nothing is to much trouble for the staff , this is a real dining experience and not to be missed. The food is very nice , hats off to the chiefs etc the food melts in your mouth , suggest you book so not to be disappointed , you can walk of your food by talking a walk in the woods afterwards.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank joseph g
Pattinfamily, Owner at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
A very happy birthday to you! It's very interesting reading your story of looking for a different venue for your family and friends and stumbling upon us via the great god Google! I'm very pleased we lived up to expectation for you on a special day. And, yes, the walks from here are delightful and you have a head start getting to the top as we are above half way up the hill! Thank you for posting a review.
Chengdu
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The food here is amazing!! It's been a long time since I've had a food this delicious. Good portions, well presented, in beautiful surroundings- what more could you ask for! Not cheap but worth splashing out for a special occasion

Pattinfamily, Owner at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
I'm delighted you enjoyed your meal with us and I thank you for the review. The head chef is my son Dominic who has run the kitchen for a good stretch now having worked in various places and having had various "stages" as they are known - ie stints in other great kitchens where you work for nothing but gain the experience. Our prices for lunch are run of the mill average and dinner not an every day venue as you say. Equally, I had a meal in a gastro pub in Lincolnshire two weeks ago and the main courses were £24 plus! That makes ours at £20 or less look reasonable.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fantastic setting very warm and friendly staff marvellous food extensive wine list amazing actually.Just a joy to stay there can't wait to stay again.

• Visited August 2013
Pattinfamily, Owner at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
It was great to have such positive feedback from you, we are all delighted you enjoyed your stay, the food and the wine list. We've recently heard that we have again made the finals of the AA Wine List of the Year awards - that means we've got to the finals every year since 1998. Thank you for posting a review, hope to see you again.