A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend walking in the Malvern Hills. The hotel is perfectly placed for walking and indeed we walked out of the hotel on two days without needing to use the car. The welcome was warm and friendly and the staff were helpful and friendly throughout our stay. We were staying in a room in the main house. The room was cozy, though little dated for some tastes and, if you have long hair, wash it before coming as the water pressure in the shower was low. The TVs all have integrated DVDs, but the selection of DVDs available in the hotel is fairly small and a little dated, so bring your own if you think that you may want to watch a film in the evening. There was a kettle and tea and coffee and very nice biscuits available in the room. We were staying half board and breakfast and dinner were both served in a room with the most amazing views over the surrounding countryside. The food was fantastic and you will undoubtedly put on weight as the portions were very generous. There were no supplements for those on half board, you could choose a 3 course meal from anything on the excellent menu - although invariably we were too full for dessert! There is an extensive wine list - some very expensive - we chose from their 'cheaper' list, but the wines were excellent. I would recommend the hotel, not just for walkers, but for anyone interested in exploring the many other sights in the area or just as a relaxing weekend with superb food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottage in the Wood: hotel, restaurant and bar in Mavlern is an independent, boutique hotel situated high in the Malvern hill with stunning views across the Severn Valley and the Cotswolds. There are 30 beautiful and unique en-suite bedrooms to stay in most with stunning views across the English countryside - remember to request a view when you book! The award winning restaurant serves high quality, locally sourced, modern British cuisine from breakfast to lunch, afternoon tea and evening meals. In the cosy bar you can choose from a refreshing craft beers & ales, fine wines by the glass (or bottle) and cocktails. With a real log fire in winter and refreshing cocktails in summer it is the perfect place to relax all year round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Malvern Wells
- The Cottage In Wood
- The Cottage In The Wood Malvern/Malvern Wells, UK