“Lovely, really enjoyed!”

Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend in the month of may, and it was a fantastic experience. Everything were excellent, the service was very friendly and helpfully.
The bedroom was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable!.
The location was pretty good bus and train conection to the city center and others interesting places.
The spa was superb we had a package and we felt in heaven. The therapist Ana, was a truly profesional.
Definitely we'll Come back again!

Room Tip: The suiteroom is really, really nice, but i think any bedroom will be fine because it's a quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Located about 20 minutes outside of Dublin, this was such a tranquil setting, away from the commotion of the city. The hotel is nicely decorated and our room (actually a rather large suite) was very clean, fairly contemporary in feel and bold in color (red). The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was ample and good. A very pleasant stay indeed!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 when attending the Pelz golf school at Killeen Castle. Hotel is a modern hotel in an old country house, but is boring, lacks character and the food and service are OK. It was relatively good value as my deal included taxis and transfers, but don't expect too much.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I recently attended a wedding, hotel is bright and cheery, however when you walk around the back to stroll on the pathways you can only get so far until they are overrun with very high grass and nettles, it looks like it hasnt been tended to this year at all! Shame to have such space and you cannot comfortably walk around all of the grounds towards the small lake. The areas immediately surrounding the hotel are manicured but this section really lets this Hotel down!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DublinJohn155
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here for a wedding. They really looked after all the guests & some great photos where taken around the gardens. Really friendly staff. The Hotel itself is lovely, nice food & spa area good too. The rooms big, little old but clean & fresh towels every day. Nice lil break from Dublin - cheap & cheerful.

We went back again recently and only bad thing was there burger.... It is very dry they need to add a bit of relish or not it so big! Only bad thing to say.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cbearfitz
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I spent a day and a night here mid week with a girlfriend which included an afternoon in the spa, dinner, bed and breakfast for a very reasonable price.

Overall, my first impressions were good, but the restaurant and bar didnt have much atmosphere.Food was average. The actual Spa treatments were above average, the rest of the facilities were average. The bedrooms were fine, nothing special. Everything was clean. Staff were pleasant. Would go back again for spa treatments, but wouldn't stay overnight. As they say, you get what you pay for. So in terms of value for money, it certainly delivered, however, don'e expect any WOW factor.

The hotel grounds are nice, but from the spa (outdoor hot tub)you look out onto a local housing estate. Not a big deal really as you can't see anybody.

The spa itself is ok, I personally just felt the facilities were't the best. Some of the facilities weren't inuse, and others had an additional charge (the Sun room) which I thought was a bit odd. The spa area was a bit messy, as one of the rooms has sand in it, which created muddy walkways around the pool.

The treatment room was gorgeous, and I had a fantastic massage. I also had a seaweed bath which was cold and I was freezing by the end of it. I did tell the girl in charge that it was cold and could she turn up the heating, but she said she couldn't which was odd. The changing rooms are fine and pretty well set up.

The bedrooms were spacious, but more 3 star than anything else.

The main meal was average. I had a ceasar salad which looked awful, no effort was put into it and I felt I could have done it better myself. Main course of steak was nice & the portion size was generous. There was a good wine selection. The breakfast buffet in the morning wasn't great, however the selection was large but the quality wasn't.

If you are looking for a value for money night away, it does deliver, however, don't expect any WOW factor.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, skip the standard room and you will get a much nicer room for just a little bi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gingernutla
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I recently spent one night with family at Dunboyne Castle, although I live nearby this was my first visit to the hotel. The hotel itself is set in nice grounds and the hotel is quite comfortable with a beautiful thermal suite. Where this hotel fails for me is service, I found the staff to be unprofessional, complacent and bordering on rude. When ordering food in the bar we waited 15mins before anyone came to take our order (there appeared to be 3 bar staff working and guests at only 2 other tables, none dining!!) when someone did finally come to our table no apologies were made and we had to request that our table be cleared of dirty glases and crumbs. I ordered a burger I was told it would take 35mins to cook, 50 mins later my food arrived further to a complaint to the manager. No one came to our table to clear finished plates, take further drink orders (almost impossible to consume an overcooked burger without something to wash it down)
Breakfast the next morning was uneventful, dining room resembles a canteen and had no nice touches save for some half dead roses. Staff were unpleasant, no one said "good morning"' instead we were told " buffet breakfast, sit wherever you want!!", we were not asked if we would like to order fresh eggs from the kitchen, nor were we given the opportunity to request same as no one came near us at all to see if we needed anything, we even had to go search for our own tea spoons!! In these times I think it is very unfortunate that people take no pride in their work, manners costs nothing, the staff at Dunboyne Castle should spend a weekend at any of the hotels in Killarney and learn about true Irish hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank hashalalor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!