“wedding reception,and overnight stay”

Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
Wicklow, Ireland
“wedding reception,and overnight stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I attended my cousins wedding in Dunboyne castle Hotel ,it was very impressive from the minute we entered the grounds ,i knew it was going to be gorgeous! As was the outside was the inside of the hotel was beautiful ,the actual meal was beautiful and the staff could'nt have been nicer.If i was getting married again !!I would definitley go there ,our room was one of the cleanest and well equiped i have been in in Ireland ,they had everything and even though i could'nt find a pen at 2.50 in the early hours after the wedding party and used my black eyeliner to fill in the room service page for breakfast in bed haha ,they were able to accomadate to my every wish and breakfast was fit for a King and Queen ,gorgeous ,loved it ,absolutely worth every penny for decent night away !So thank you and well done everyone at Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa.Happy Christmasxx liz P.S did'nt get to use leisure facilities but i,m sure their brilliant !!

Room Tip: our room was 423 it was lovely waking up to sun shining in !!on the forth floor....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear lizzyphibbs
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel.
We are indeed a much sought after venue for weddings and events due to our short distance from Dublin City Centre and easy drive from Dublin Airport, however we also offer you the convenience and bustle of a Dublin city break with the added bonus of a country getaway. So if is a relaxing short break, a city shopping treat, we always aim to make it the most enjoyable and memorable experience for all our guests whatever the occasion may be.
Many thanks for your kind words on our accommodation, We pride ourselves with a reputation of high standards of housekeeping and comfort so it is great to hear that you have experienced this on your recent visit.
Many thanks also for your positive feedback on our breakfast selection, we endeavour to try and use fresh local produce when possible so I am delighted to hear that it was enjoyed by you.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff as they take every effort to make our guests stay an enjoyable and memorable one.
We pride ourselves in personal service and aim to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small ,I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the team.
It’s a pity that you didn’t have the opportunity to use our spa and leisure facilities, Seoid Spa offers a range of superb Spa Packages to suit everyone's needs and also regularly runs attractive special offers each month which also prove to be very well received. Perhaps the next time if you are in the area again you can avail of.
Finally on behalf of everybody here, we look forward to the occasion when you next stay and we hope that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.
We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Elisabet Diaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I recently had the great pleasure of using the Seoid Spa in the Dunboyne Castle hotel. This was my second visit which was just as enjoyable as my first. The facilities are excellent. The staff make you feel very welcome and do their very best to make your visit to the Seoid Spa a really pleasant and memorable experience. All the staff are very attentive and caring but I have to mention Maeve and Zoe in particular. As always the staff in the hotel are great too. The thing that meant a lot to me was the fact they always have time to talk to you and with a smile.

Room Tip: This review is on the Seoid Spa in the hotel. I always like a back massage. The Dry Floatation is am...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SaggartDublin
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear SaggartDublin
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with others.
I am truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa and that the hotel once again lived up to your expectations.
Many thanks for your lovely feedback on Seoid Spa, a facility which we are very proud of.
Set over three floors with one of Ireland's most extensive thermal treatment facilities, Seoid spa proves to be a real treat for guests, providing a wide range of luxurious relaxing and rejuvenating treatment experiences including the Dry Flotation which as you mentioned is an amazing experience.

I appreciate your kind words on our spa team and in particular Maeve & Zoe who you have mentioned.
Renowned for our friendly service, Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa places a real emphasis on excellent service and providing guests with a memorable stay and I am delighted to hear that this has been experienced by you on your return visit.
We are very proud to have been recently awarded Best Customer Service & Welcome Award at the Meath Business & Tourism Awards 2013.
On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Dunboybe Castle Hotel and Spa for a second time in November of 2013, primariky because we stayed there in Oct 2012 and had a very positive experience. The hotel and spa lived up to our high expectations. The staff welcomed us warmly, even with a wedding going on and many wedding guests checking in. Our room was clean and updated, with a view of the trees and lawn. We used the Soa facilities and were refreshed after a drive from the west of Ireland. After a comfortable night sleep and a great breakfast in the dining room we were ready for the flight from DDublin to Boston.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear JudyandDon046
Many thanks for your very positive review of your return stay with us at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa. It is always a great pleasure to see guests returning, it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority.
It is great to know that you had experiences of all departments and found consistency throughout including Seoid Spa, it is indeed a wonderful facility which we are very proud of. Seoid Spa proves to be a real treat for guests providing a range of superb spa packages to suit everyone's needs and I am happy to hear you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated after your visit.
Your kind words on our staff members review is much appreciated, we pride ourselves in personal service and aim to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel, I will ensure to pass on to the rest of the team.
Many thanks also for your positive feedback on our breakfast selection, we endeavour to try and use fresh local produce when possible so I am delighted to hear that you experienced this.

We do hope you have a safe trip home.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again should you be in this part of the world again.

Kind Regards
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We visited this hotel as part of an 8 night "castle" tour of Ireland. The first night we arrived (a Thursday) we were greeted once inside and service we great. It was a nice relaxing night. It seemed to be a pretty slow night. We had breakfast there the next morning. It was nice nothing too special. However on Friday night they were having some sort of event...possibly a wedding or wedding rehearsal dinner and it was extremely loud. Doors slamming all night and people laughing and yelling in the halls. I do not fault the hotel for this as it is not their fault just slightly annoying when you are on a romantic vacation. I will say it was the least "castle" like of the 4 we visited but a lovely place to stay. I do agree the pool and hot tub were very cold...could not be used.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rcali79
Dear rcali79
We would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to review your recent stay with us here at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the service you received form our team.

Just in relation to your comments on the castle, there was indeed a castle here on the grounds, however this was destroyed by Cromwell and the first part of the present day building was built at the start of the 1700’s, in a mansion style, and has always retained the name of Dunboyne Castle.
You can see remains of the castle structure in the grounds at the front of the hotel.

With regard your comments on the noise levels, we did have a function on in the hotel on the evening in question and while we always try to accommodate groups together to minimise disturbing other guests unfortunately this does not seem to have happened in your case. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused and I will raise your feedback with our Front of House Manager to ensure that room assignments are done more carefully going forward, where at all possible.

I have also noted your constructive comments regarding the hydro therapy pool area, we regularly ensure that this is checked by our maintenance team on a daily basis and all the necessary procedures are carried out in accordance, please be assured I will be investigating this and have rectified immediately.

Once again sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is renowned for.

I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future.

Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Courtesy of a gift from a friend I spent an afternoon at the Spa at Dunboyne Castle, having booked one of their Spa packages - the Total Relaxation Package which was fantastic experience
When I went to conform my booking the previous day (you can do this by phone also but I just happened to be in the area) the receptionist kindly showed me around. .
I arrived early and spent over an hour enjoying the hydrotherapy area - I would advise anyone making a booking to leave plenty of time to avail of this to have a nice relaxing start to their treatments. The outdoor hottub is a lovely novelty if the weather is clear and the relaxation area (avail of it right before your treatments) alongside, has fresh fruit and juice and herbal tea if you want it which is a lovely touch.
The package included :
the Rasul mud chamber and I would advise anyone to try this - not only is it relaxing but leaves the skin really soft for weeks afterwards!!
back massage - where the therapist wasn't afraid to use pressure.
a lovely facial which included a blissful Indian head massage with voya hair conditioner
Dry flotation therapy which once I got used to it had me drifting off into the lovely almost dreamlike state between waking and sleeping
and a toenail file and polish followed by some more time in the relaxation area upstairs - lovely soft atmosphere with individual side lights for reading for those who want to, herbal tea and fruit were available here also.
I finished off with cappuccino - which was actually quite decent and scone (and some people watching) in the hotel lobby (as the lounge was a little too busy).
The package would have been E120 - good value when you think of all that's included. Lovely atmosphere in 5-star surroundings and lovely professional therapists who were also warm and chatty.

Room Tip: Give yourself at least an hour and half between arrival and your first treatment to register, change...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear CiaraP1
Thank you for taking your time to write your lovely review on Trip Advisor on your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
I am delighted to read that you had a lovely and enjoyable experience in our spa facilities.
Seoid Spa proves to be a real treat for guests and visitors alike, providing a range of superb spa packages to suit everyone's needs but if by chance you would like something different you can also tailor make your very own Spa Experience. A popular choice proves to be our regular monthly specials which are always very well received and offer great value to customers, further details on these can be obtained from our website.
We also offer a wide range of luxurious relaxing and rejuvenating treatments and are very proud to be home to one of Ireland’s most extensive thermal treatment facilities.
Your kind words on our spa team is very much appreciated, we endeavour continuously to provide a real emphasis on excellent service and providing guests with a memorable stay, it is great to hear such positive feedback to confirm this and I will ensure to pass on to the rest of the team.
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just a little thing but always nice when a hotel goes to the bother of leaving a few chocolates in your room for your birthday. Hotel was nice. No complaints. Food, service etc all fine....which leads me to think that perhaps Tripadvisor should have a button between 'average' and 'VERY good'....may I suggest, just eh, 'good'. It was above average but not what I would class as 'very good'. Fine!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear R99Ireland
Thank you for your recent review on Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
We constantly strive to improve guest experience; therefore value any feedback we receive so that we can rectify any problems that guests bring to our attention.
I am happy to hear that overall everything was to your satisfaction on your recent visit however it is unclear from your review where you feel we could improve our services so I would welcome any suggestions you may have as your feedback is vital for us to improve our service.
Our bedrooms are very spacious and include necessities that one would expect from a 4 star Hotel.
Our restaurant, The Ivy has recently been awarded not 1 both 2 AA rosettes which were awarded for both culinary excellence and outstanding service.
Our award winning Seoid Spa proves to be a real treat for guests with one of Ireland's most extensive thermal treatment facilities.

Thank you also for your positive feedback on our staff members, I am delighted to hear that our team helped somewhat in the birthday celebrations.
We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small so this is encouraging to hear.

I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards
dublin
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was the second time myself and my friend treated ourselves to the Seoid Spa experience. We found all the staff, from the receptionist,Zoe to the girls who provided treatments, Rebecca, Anna and Maeve, extremely professional and charming. Dunboyne Hotel and Spa is a total zone out treat and we felt we were treated like royalty. We have also stayed overnight and would highly recommend it for a fantastic break for friends,as well as couples.

Room Tip: Explain what you are looking for (ie a quiet room for a break) and staff will do their utmost to acc...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear artdoglover

It is great to know that you had experiences of all departments and found consistency throughout including Seoid Spa, it is indeed a wonderful facility which we are very proud of and I do hope you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

We are always happy to hear positive feedback on our greatest asset of all, our staff, we try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will certainly pass your compliments to the team in the Spa.

I appreciate your recommendation, we are indeed a much sought after venue for a short break as we offer you the convenience and bustle of a Dublin city break with the added bonus of a country getaway. Whether it be for a relaxing short break or a city shopping treat, we endeavor to make it the most enjoyable and memorable experience for all our guests whatever the occasion may be.
Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Trim Castle Hotel
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!