“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunboyne
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night booked a special deal dinner b/b and a garret brooks tribute evening it cost €180 per couple and was excellent value for money the room was on the ground level and had a bancony looking over a nice garden very spacious and spotless clean dinner was a 3 courses we had soups steak and lamb shank absolutely delicious could not fault it deserts chocolate brownies with pistachio icecream yummy followed by a pot of tea waiting staff excellent and very attentive most enjoyable on to the show in the disco not a great show but enjoyed it none the less slept like a baby beds so conformable and cosy definitely will be paying another visit soon I need to try out the spa which I heard is just amazing jackie

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Jackie139

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa hotel and thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you availed of one of our latest special offers. We regularly run fantastic value breaks as we endeavour to create a variety of breaks to suit all budget types so please do keep an eye on our website for further offers we will be running throughout the Summer.

I am pleased to hear that the room we assigned for you met your expectations. We pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you.

We truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding the food offering in The Ivy. Our Executive Head Chef and his team continuously endeavour to offer a wonderful selection of menu’s, full of aromas, textures and mouth-watering flavours to suit everyone’s tastes and I am pleased to hear that you were happy with this.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated.

I acknowledge your feedback regarding “Definitive Garth Brooks Tribute” and I am sorry to hear that you did not find the show to be great. Please be assured I will pass on your feedback to the organisers of the event.

Finally, on behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your review and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

Elisabet Diaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

First night of a 10 day tour in Ireland. Room was not ready for over 4 hours after we had been up for over 24 hrs! Room was a very nice size when we finally got it but noise level was very high of adjacent rooms! Breakfast was average. Certainly would not pick this hotel as a stop for our next visit to Ireland!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Cng217

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

I am disappointed to read that you experienced a long delay with check in on your arrival.
Please accept my sincere apologies if on this occasion we were unable to provide you with a room upon arrival. Our standard check in time at the hotel is 15:00hrs, however we do certainly understand that our guests do sometimes have many hours of travelling and we do endeavour to check guests in prior to this time subject to rooms being available at the time of arrival. In order to guarantee access to rooms for early arrival prior to 15:00hrs, we recommend reserving their accommodation from the evening prior, making their arrival experience seamless however during peak season we experience extremely high occupancy levels and as a result it is not always possible to facilitate an early check in.

I am sorry to hear that you felt our breakfast offering was just average. We do try to cater for all of our guests individual tastes by providing a wide selection of both continental options and cooked options. I will ensure to raise your feedback with our executive head chef and his team for further discussion.

It is unfortunate to hear that you experienced some disturbance in the room adjacent to you. We take pride in being able to provide a comfortable living atmosphere for each of our guests. While we always try to accommodate groups together to minimise disturbing other guests unfortunately this does not seem to have happened in your case. I will raise this with our Front of House Manager to ensure that room assignments are done more carefully going forward, where at all possible.

Once again sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is renowned for.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My mother bought me a spa treatment package as a surprise for my birthday.
Before hand we went for lunch in the bar... staff were lovely but very forgetful when it came to taken our order.. told one waiter that we needed a little more time to have a look at the menu and he said he would be back out to us in 5 mins. 15 mins later we were still sitting there waiting for the waiter to appear, in the end we had to call someone over who didn't actually notice us sitting there with the menus still on the table. She took our order and the service of food was very fast,

After our meal we made our way down to the spa where we were greated by a lovely girl who showed us around and brought us into the changing rooms which were spotless.
When going into the pool area i found the place to be messy with cups and towels all over the place... the water in the pool was cold and a lot of the jets didn't work. We made our way out to the jacuzzi where the ground had many cigarette butts on it and again there was cups all over the place.

The treatments however were absolutely amazing!!! I want to give special credit to Dalia, would recommend her to anyone.

Over all it was an ok experience... I would go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear MOOMOO7_11

Thank you for posting your review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to avail of some lunch in The Terrace Lounge, which is a stylish place to eat in an informal setting however I am disappointed to hear that you experienced some delay upon service. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Furthermore, I will ensure to raise this issue with our bar manager and her team.

It is great to see that you took some time to avail of some treatments in our Spa. Seoid Spa proves to be a real treat for guests as we endeavour to welcome you into a stress free, relaxing environment where you are guaranteed the ultimate in pampering and beauty. Your kind words on Dalia are much appreciated.

I have raised your comments regarding the pool area with our spa manager. The day in question we had a high occupancy of guests using the thermal suite areas.
The cups and towels that you mentioned in your review were the property of other guests and as I am sure you can appreciate it would be quite unfair of us to remove these items while they are using the facilities.

We certainly will look into adding some more hooks around the thermal spa area so that there is sufficient place to hang towels and robes.

I acknowledge your feedback on the Jacuzzi out door area and I will ensure that our maintenance team investigates fully.
Should any of the jets be in need of repair, our maintenance team will carry out the necessary works to rectify the same.

Finally I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Dunboyne Castle Hotel Welcome.

Dunboyne, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Disappointed again by hotel that aspires to 4 stars but still cleaned and fixed the Spa. The floor around pool is truly disgusting with scaled in limescale and dirt. Only half the jets work. The steam rooms and lights need a thorough clean. All the drains need cleaning. Shower doors are on their last legs. No lights in showers beside steam room. Covers and throws in relaxation area are not changed regularly. Half of the gym equipment doesn't work none of the tvs. It's dreadful for a 4 star.

We went to dinner where a loud hen do were extremely noisy. Other guests complained but management didn't do much or quiet dinner was ruined.

We gave up and went to our room where noise was bad and room next door arrived back and loudly spoke again until 4 am.

Health and safety should visit the spa and close it down until it's fully cleaned.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mebo40
Dear mebo40

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor however I was very disappointed to read your feedback on your recent stay at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

In relation to your comments on our spa facilities, I am compelled to disagree with some of them and feel I must clarify some issues before going any further.
Firstly, our experienced spa maintenance technicians ensure our spa area is regularly cleaned and maintained. We firmly believe that we have a duty of care and responsibility to all in house guests and endeavour to demonstrate safe practises throughout the hotel and indeed in Seoid Spa. Furthermore, I am deeply upset to read of your comments ref closure of spa. I must say I do think these comments are very unfair and misleading to other trip advisor reviewers. We work extremely hard to ensure that we retain our 4 star grading.
Additionally, we are annually reviewed and continue complying with the regulations for registration and current classification.

I am sure you can appreciate that like any other spa, there is always a certain amount of wear and tear that naturally and inevitably occurs as a result of everyday usage.
Regarding your comments on the shower doors, these doors were only changed last month. I have investigated your comments on the lights in the showers beside the steam room and am pleased to inform you that this area is very well equipped with adequate lighting. Perhaps you were unaware that you needed to press either button for example if you press the blue water code, blue light comes on and if you press red, red light comes on.

Your comments on some jets not working properly have been raised with our maintenance team and will be checked over the coming days. I can assure you if it is the case that some jets are not working, our maintenance team will endeavour to have the repair work carried out promptly.

I acknowledge your feedback on the noise levels during your dinner in the Ivy. As you mentioned we did have a large group of women dining at the same time as yourselves and can understand if that may have caused some minor disruption. Please be assured I will be addressing this issue with our restaurant manager to ensure that the restaurant team are more careful in the future while assigning tables for large group bookings.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise throughout the night and apologise for this inconvenience.We did have a function on in the hotel on the evening in question and while we always try to accommodate groups together to minimise disturbing other guests unfortunately this does not seem to have happened in your case. I will raise this with our Front of House Manager to ensure that room assignments are done more carefully going forward, where at all possible.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Disappointing on all fronts. June Bank holiday Monday we (2Adults&2 kids) went to the hotel for our dinner in the terrace lounge and say it was disappointing is an understatement. I would like to say at this point we have done this a number of times in the past and had a very pleasant experience but this was far from it. Asked for the menus 3 times, then got up and got them myself. 2 groups got served before us when it was very obvious we were there before them. When we did order our food it took 50 minutes, chips for my son were cold and pizza and salmon were dried out from being under the heat lamp. My husbands fish and chips were 'ok but very dried out'. Service was poor and it was not busy and food was worse. We live locally but it will be along time before we are back. It feels like they are cutting costs on the food. Chips were worst than a fast food outlet and service was on the minus scale!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 133sinead
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear 133sinead

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor about your recent visit to The Terrace Lounge.

I was saddened to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. As you may be aware from your previous visits, this is most definitely not the normal type of service we offer to any guest here in Dunboyne Caste Hotel & Spa. We strive to ensure that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is clear from reading your review that this did not happen and for this I profoundly apologise. Please be assured I will be carrying out a thorough investigation of the issues raised in your review with our bar manager and her team.

Please know that your constructive feedback regarding our food offering is important and taken to heart. We take great pride in consistently delivering excellent food for all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not reach your expectations. Please be assured I will be raising your comments with our executive head chef and his team to discuss in detail.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is renowned for.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Found the service was very poor. No interest in pleasing guests to the point of ignoring them. Not just one individual either. This was a systemic failure. Groups ignored in preference to locals. Missing some services you would expect from a hotel of this supposed quality. No help in simple things like booking taxis, ordering drinks or turning the television to a particular channel. Extremely frustrating and disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bucks65
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear bucks65

Thank you for your feedback and thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in Dunboyne Castel Hotel & Spa recently.

I am deeply saddened to read that you did not have a pleasant time whilst staying with us.

Unfortunately it is unclear from your review as to what areas you encountered some issues with. With that in mind, I would be grateful if you could forward either myself or our Operations Manager an email with a more detailed account of your stay. You can email me directly at ediaz@dunboynecastlehotel.com or alternatively our Operations Manager can be contacted on tbreen@dunboynecastelhotel.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My sister booked us a fantastic Pigsback deal (€119 for B&B and a 2 course dinner each) for our birthdays back in February and we stayed on the 24th May last. We arrived at the hotel at 1.30 and enjoyed a fab lunch in the terrace lounge served by a lovely waitress called Stephanie. I tried to check in at 3.15 as check in time was 3pm but was told our room wouldn't be ready for a while as the hotel was full the previous night. I tried again at 3.30 & was told the same story I explained our spa treatments were booked for 5pm & we wanted to relax in the pool etc beforehand. I tried again at 3.45 & the receptionist offered to hold our bags & I said no we wanted to get changed in our room so we could go down to the spa in our robes. We eventually got into our room at 4pm so therefore our time in the spa area was very rushed. We both enjoyed our treatments immensely. The 2 course dinner in the Ivy was fantastic and compliments to the pastry chef as the cheesecake was to die for. We had a twin room & the beds were so comfortable we'd the best night sleep ever in a hotel. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic too and there was a huge choice. I would defiantly return as its a fab hotel and spa but next time I would let reception know my presence as soon as we arrive as it stated clearly on the email that check in time is 3pm

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Blondie2804

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am very pleased to see that both yourself and your sister had such a nice and pleasant time with us in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the lunch selection in The Terrace Bar. The Terrace Bar is indeed a stylish place to eat in an informal setting, offering an extensive bar menu with a wide range of dining options to choose from. I am also delighted to hear that the food offerings for breakfast were appreciated along with the Ivy dinner as we continuously endeavour to ensure all our guests needs & tastes are catered for.

I am delighted you took time to avail of some spa treatments. At Seoid Spa, we endeavour to welcome you into a stress free, relaxing environment where you are guaranteed the ultimate in pampering and beauty. I do hope you both felt relaxed and rejuvenated after.

Many thanks for your kind words on our housekeeping, we pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you.

Your constructive feedback regarding the delay you experienced upon check in has been taken on board. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this. Unfortunately we experienced extremely high occupancy levels from the previous night and as a result our accommodation team were slightly behind schedule on servicing the rooms.

On behalf of everybody here, sincere thanks again for your review and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Elisabet Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunboyne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#4 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,576 reviews
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Castleknock Hotel & Country Club

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!