“Spacious Rooms”

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cloghran
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire and was very satisfied. Was very pleased to see a full sized room instead of the "European" compact rooms. Restaurant was decent for dinner and breakfast. Had an issue with my room so I took pictures to show the clerk. Manager called me and then came to check it out herself. I was offered a new room but I was too exhausted to move my stuff. Management went above and beyond to make the relatively small issue right. Next day the problem was fixed well above my satisfaction.
Hotel is a bit of a distance from downtown Dublin but the bus stops on the corner and it takes you into town.
The only think that would make this perfect was if there was an indoor pool and hottub :-)!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JacksonzMom
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great review - the team at the hotel are delighted to read that their efforts to ensure you had a very comfortable stay were sufficient.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best wishes

Declan Meagher

Write a ReviewReviews (2,026)

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night and left our car there for 9 days. The bedrooms are spotless and very comfortable. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant it was excellent as was the service. We got the hotel shuttle to the airport and we were collected on return. This hotel and the staff are top class. I would highly recommend the Carlton at Dublin Airport.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian c

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am delighted that everything was to a high standard and you had an excellent stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Partys going on at the hotel totally ruined my stay. I stayed in room 224 and has partys going on on the 3rd floor pretty much every night which ruined my stay. My room was at the end of the hotel, which unfortunely for me was the room right under the speakers at the party! So till 1:30am every morning there was thumping music playing which sounded like they were holding the party in my room!!! Very dissapointed seems as i was there on buisness and really needed the sleep. But apart from that everything else was lovely. It really is a shame that the partys had let it down!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Perry F

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review which whilst very positive overall, indicates your disappointment at one element of your stay. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in this respect and am pleased to assure you that the issue of noise from Christmas functions is restricted to a very small number of days during the year.

The hotel is an otherwise quiet haven providing peaceful surroundings for both our business and leisure guests.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to the hotel and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as my flight was delayed so cant comment on cost. But the room was lovely, spacious and very clean. Food was ok, maybe slightly over priced but the service was quick and the staff friendly. As an airport hotel it annoyed me breakfast was only available 0630 onwards, so leaving at 0500 meant I had nothing to eat? I mean at least open the restaurant for me to have a bowl of coco pops and a cup of tea! Shuttle bus was great, my late night driver was a top guy and cheered me up after a long day.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review - I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you for your feedback. Just to note for future stays the night team are more than pleased to provide a light breakfast on request to those guests leaving before the restaurant opens at 6:30 am.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Booked one night accommodation as we had a night out in dublin and had a voucher for the Carlton which needed to be used in next few weeks. Hotel is lovely and modern on arrival, nice foyer etc. Upon opening the door we were hit with a cool blast of air, room was very cold. We discovered the aircon was on a cold setting and turned it up to the max. We were leaving again shortly, room only heated up a tiny bit in the meantime, but we thought it would improve by the time we returned. Bed was a foldaway bed....by the looks of it this room must not always be used as a bedroom. Bathroom was spacious and modern but water pressure meant the floor was soaked after each shower! Anyways we returned from our night out after 3am and room was cold. We found a little plug in heater and plugged in (the fact that there was a plug in heater makes it seem like this is a common problem!!) anyways room heated up a bit and we fell asleep. At around 6am I woke up to a freezing room.....the aircon was blasting out cold air (14degrees) changed it back to the highest it would go (28degrees) but found it very hard to get to sleep after. When we mentioned it to reception they had a cheeky tone and said "well did you tell anyone about this last night". Suppose they had a fair point, but seriously at 3am sleep seemed like a better idea than complaining and having someone in checking the heating, or having to change room. Overall going by the other reviews this is a good hotel so maybe we just had bad luck!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank rossie87
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback - I am sorry to read that you had an issue with the temperature in your room on the night of your stay and would like to apologize for our shortcomings in this respect.

I am confident that the guest service team at the hotel would have quickly resolved the matter had they been made aware of it during your stay.

As a member of the Carlton Hotel Group we strive to deliver the highest standards of guest care at all times and I am genuinely sorry that your experience was not completely indicative of this aim.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Got the shuttle bus from the terminal ( free, a bit of a walk from terminal 2, and good if flight happens to connect with it as its every 30 mins). Modern quiet room. Good breakfast. I thought the restaurant prices were a bit on high side but food was great. All staff polite and friendly. Would recommend it and I would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the hotel - I note that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be both comfortable and ideally located adjacent to Dublin Airport.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We booked a room in this hotel via www.booking.com a few weeks in advance and the reservation was confirmed and paid for at the time of booking.
On arrival we were told that while the reservation was received there was no room available for us due to overbooking. We had not been told about the problem before arrival despite the fact that the hotel had our phone details. We were offered a room in another hotel which though quite comfortable was a long way from the airport and not convenient for our early departure next day.
Overall a very disappointing experience. We wont be booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bernadette K
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review which I am clearly disappointed to read. It is unfortunate that your reservation had to be accommodated elsewhere on the night in question and I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel.

I would like to assure you of our best intentions at all times.

Declan Meagher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
1 mi away
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!