“Great airport hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great airport hotel”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night because of an early morning flight with two small children.

Room was huge and exactly what we needed the night before an early flight. Facilities were great and staff helpful. No complaints, it's an excellent airport hotel.

Not quite as close to the airport as some but the shuttle is a quick 10 minute journey. Very close to Enterprise rental car if you are returning a rental car there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your great review - the team are delighted that you had such a comfortable stay and found our location adjacent to Dublin Airport just perfect.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Declan Meagher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed one night a this hotel ahead of an early morning flight!

Got the hotel shuttle from Stand 14 at airport (every quarter) to the hotel and easy and pleasant check in.

I stayed in room 240 and it was good sized with a good bathroom (shower in bath)

The bar/bistro is one of the friendly and efficient that i have been in for some time, food is good and reasonably priced.

Breakfast is from 7.30am, so I missed it as I took the 5am shuttle to airport.

The hotel is 10 mins drive from airport (very close) and I will definitely stay here again. (park only and park and stay options available)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear NI Traveller

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel - I am delighted that you had such a great experience and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel including it's location, parking facility, great rooms and friendly team.

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed twice in a week.The Sunday was dreadful - there was an Irish dancing event and then passengers from a delayed flight.It was pandemonium! Checkin was prompt and efficient and my room was fine with good wifi access.
However, the bar area was a disaster zone. Service was virtually non existent until several of us complained and they finally put extra staff to the bar area.They were so busy the floor area was hardly presentable, and I waited an age before being given a menu.Food was just average so I gave up an retired early.Must ad that the surly attitude of certain staff was not acceptable - not the guests fault they were swamped.
My return saw a different picture.Good front desk, again who were extremely helpful.Bar staff similarly were pleasant and chatty.Very comfortable room and a sound nights sleep so some way toward restoring my confidence!.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review hotel following your recent stays. I note your feedback in respect of your first visit and would like to apologize for our shortcomings on what was an isolated incident.

I am delighted to read of your excellent stay later last week and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

swansea
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Lovely airport hotel and at such a great price.
Lovely double spacious room, with very comfortable bed and facilities.
Had room service and again was quick service and very tasty.

Only one point would make and this is so small it not even a complaint, but on check out at 4.30am had to wait 10 mins for someone to come to reception. The security couldnt help and didnt advise where staff member was just asked to wait...was a very small pain in a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank swansealad
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Swansealad

Thank you for your review - I am pleased that you had a good experience at the hotel and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the night manager was not at reception when you were checking out and would like to apologize for the delay. I understand that the night manager was dealing with a guest issue at the time which meant he was away from the front desk for slightly longer than anticipated.

Kind regards

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

As I said in my last review about this hotel....the hospitality remains 10/10. I have to commend the Reception staff for their continuing attention to guests but on this trip I must give a special note to Monika as she went out of her way for me - nothing was too much trouble. My last review about this hotel back in October 2013 made a reference to the changed Restaurant/Bar menu which I personally found very disappointing. When I saw the Menu this time, I was delighted to see they have reverted back to the simple, comforting, filling type of meals that I particularly liked & I would say was popular with most guests. Congratulations on making that change! Only thing I have a complaint about was that on the Sunday night I was there, I requested the Carlton Sandwich to be made as a Wrap not a sandwich which should have been quite simple to do however this seemed to be a monumental task & at first this was refused. After some persuasion from Monika, the receptionist I get my request only to find the Wrap had been heated = the original sandwich was never a hot item so why he heated the Wrap I have no idea. It was a huge let-down for the Chef not to be as hospitable & accommodating as the rest of the Hotel Staff. Overall the food is superb! Tick boxes for location, hospitality (most of the time), comfort & food. I will be back....This hotel is worth coming back to & it will certainly tick even more boxes once the refurbishment is complete (I have to agree with some of the recent comments that the hotel could do with an uplift & I look forward to seeing the results)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LK2LONDON
Dear LK2LONDON

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. It is nice to hear what a great stay you had with us at Carlton Dublin Airport and I assure you that the team will be delighted to hear your warm feedback.

I note your comments in respect of the food item you ordered and assure you that I will speak with the catering team in respect of dealing with special requests which are never an issue for us. Overall I am delighted that you like the changes we have made to our menu since your last visit.

Best regards

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After spending just one night at the hotel for a business trip, I must say I was impressed with the detail. The shuttle bus to/from the airport was very efficient, also took us by surprise as I didn't expect it. Easy hotel to navigate around, simple layout. Great function rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Charlotte_PCE
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had a great experience and found everything to be of a high standard in the hotel.

ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is well situated for the airport with a shuttle bus running every half hour.The hotel itself is very nice with a decent sized reception area.The rooms are large and clean.We found the staff friendly and efficient and if we were travelling on an early morning flight I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear SFlynn8

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay at the hotel and that every aspect of our service was of a high standard. The Carlton Team take great pride in delivering a true Irish welcome to all of our guests and it is refreshing to receive such great feedback as yours.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!