“Nice hotel ”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cloghran
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel ”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived quiet late after a mix up with dates at another hotel. Very cold reception and a little disappointed on the information given. No details on breakfast or where our room was. We would have preferred a friendlier welcome as we had travelled a long distance.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Irenesales
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I note your feedback and would like to apologise for the welcome & information provided on check-in. I assure you that all guest feedback is treated seriously and used to improve the overall levels of guest care at the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Declan Meagher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to an early flight the next morning. The check in was a pleasure, with helpful, very pleasant staff. Left our luggage in our room, freshened up in a spacious well furnished room. Had a lovely meal with drinks in the restaurant . There was a nice atmosphere about the place.We then retired and had a good restful sleep. The hotel shuttle bus took us to the airport at 4 30 am.
A hassle free way to start a holiday with secure parking for your car. We will use this facility in the future

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear BillL121

Many thanks for your great review which is a pleasure to read. The team are delighted to have provided you with such a great experience and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Best regards

Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on more then one occasion. I have always found the rooms to be clean and spacious. It is handy to the airport and also it has public transport going past the enterence. I ate in the bar and everyone I was with enjoyed their meal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sunflowers

Many thanks for sharing your great feedback with me. I am delighted that everything was great and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I use the Carlton Hotel quit regularly for meetings and when flying abroad for business.I have often left my car their for a month at a time.I had a meeting last week whereby i had people over from Europe.I bought lunch and spent 110 euro.When i was leaving i went to the reception to ask if any discount on the parking was available because i had spent all day in there hotel at meetings and spent 110 euro.I was told under no circumstances was their any reduction for car parking and more or less told to get lost.Won't be recommending it for future meetings any time soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank oliver_oreilly74
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that you were not totally happy with your stay and would be pleased to discuss the matter further with you should you wish to contact me directly at the hotel.

I am pleased to clarify that the Carlton is possibly the only airport hotel which does NOT charge meeting room delegates for daily parking or for overnight parking whilst one is actually staying in the hotel. A very competitive 24 hour daily rate of €6.00 is charged to guests who use the hotel for both short & long term airport parking.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at the carlton several times in the past few years and I have no complains whatsoever. I use it as a starting point for a trip into the midlands of Ireland or as a base for a few days in Dublin and the surrounding area.
On arrival the staff are always very helpful. The free transfer bus from the airport is brilliant espically after coming of a late night flight. The driver is always happy and helpful.
The free parking for guests is a god send in Dublin.
What can I say about the food! I always look forward to eating here. The food is always excellent and the toberlone cheesecake is out of this world. The breakfast menu is very good and you certainly won't go hungry with as much cereal and fresh fruit as you can eat.
Alhough this isn't a city centre hotel it is very easy to access the city via the bus at the end of the drive or via taxi. The reception provided me with all the information i needed to get to form where i wanted. Its means that after the planes stop there is very little noise in the surrounding area and Ihave always had an excellent nights sleep.
I'm so looking forward to my next stay in April.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your wonderful review of the hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you had such a great time with us and enjoyed the very best of Irish Hospitality. The team here are thrilled to look after you and the Chef is particularly pleased that you enjoy his cheesecake so much.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

cork
Reviewed 16 March 2014

outdatd rooms, wallpaper needed changing. No kettle or fridge in the room.
Food menu was lovely but after the main coarse the staff were just walking around ignoring us.
Waited 30 mnutes for desert menu before we left with out it.

Room Tip: keep going
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vincent555
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review which I am obviously disappointed to read. I note your comments and have addressed same with the hotel team.

I am pleased to tell you that a refurbishment program is underway which will address the issues which you have raised.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for a night during a conference I was attending at the hotel. When I checked in the staff were very friendly and helpful. The double room I was in was very nice. It was a spacious room with a big bed, and a table and chairs. There was a large TV and there was a hairdryer in the room too. The room was spotless. The bathroom was also very nice.
I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant and it was nice, nothing special, just good standard food.
There are very comfy couches in the big reception area which are very comfy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CartlonGM_, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great review - I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Declan Meagher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghran
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!