Racket Hall Country House Hotel
US$107
  • Free Internet
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsracket hallon arrivalsteakcountry musiclovely hotelcountry housejacuzzi bathsaturday nightcourse dinnertwo nightstop classcooked to perfectionbed was very comfortableold stylecooked breakfastcouldn't do enoughfood was amazing
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 13 nights.
The price is really good for what is delivered.
Big rooms, Big Beds, impecable cleaness.
The staff at the reception are not very friendly, actually they are quite rude.
But when you go to the bar and restaurant thats where the good staff is. They are very friendly, polite and they make you feel very good.
The food is not very good, but not that bad either.
At lunch the carvery should vary more, as I lunch there for 12 days in a row, i was always eating the same things.
One important tip, there are no laundry service at the hotel, it took me 5 days to get my clothes clean. If you use the laundry service, you know wath this means and the incovenient that i'm talking about !!! :)

Room Tip: The best is to booked a room for the car park, because during the weekend there always some events at the hotel and is very difficult to sleep if your room is turn to the garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great value warm welcoming hotel friendly staff, great food and very nice rooms. Highly recommended. Situated in beautiful grounds in the heart of Ireland. The local villages are equally friendly and quiet. Don't have kids but other customers did and they were well catered for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We recently booked a weekend stay including 3 course meal at Racket Hall Country House. Unfortunately it was not a very pleasant experience.
The food served at the hotel was absolutely appalling. The quality of our first meal was so poor that we sent it back to the kitchen. Part of the meal was served cold and part was under cooked. The menu was also extremely limited (three of the six main course choices were steak). Meals were literally thrown together with little regard for presentation. When it comes to the restaurant, it certainly seems to be a case of quantity over quality.
Though the rooms in this hotel really are quite nice and the staff are friendly and helpful the hotel does not live up to its potential. Despite it being an extremely cold winters day, the fire in the drawing room remained unlit throughout the day and the entire evening. No sports coverage was available on Saturday evening in the bar. Despite reception assuring us that wifi was available throughout the hotel, we failed to connect anywhere but the bar. Though we were staying in a suite, the curtains were held up by safety pins and the bathroom floor was dirty. Overall, it was a very anti-climactic and disappointing stay.
I certainly would not return, nor would I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lassie_joe85
Reviewed 10 November 2013

my eating experience her was very disappointing.. i got burger,chips and coleslaw fool proof you'd think.the best part of the meal was the coleslaw.burger was probably home made but taken out of the freezer calling it bland would be an injustice to the word bland.the burger bun base was toasted hard or maybe stale,there was an unpleasant taste off the chips,old oil or sitting out for a while.i will not be leaving the motorway again to dine her four star hotel/restaurant i think not.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank toc_ie
Reviewed 22 October 2013

From the moment I arrived I was greeted with very friendly and professional staff. My room was fantastic, and as someone who travels a lot with work and music, this was one the best hotels I have stayed in. Julie, who worked on reception was so helpful and friendly and this was the beginning of a great stay. The food in the hotel is outstanding, and I am always one for saying so if its not. Karen was so helpful in the restaurant and I have to pay a special mention of Anna who was always smiling. The breakfast again did not disappoint and I wish to thank Saju for his professionalism and courtesy. Overall, a great experience and great value and I look forward to returning again really soon. I would also highly recommend Racket Hall.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor and it was amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business