I’ve eaten from the bar menu and at the carvery a few times over the past few years and obviously enjoyed it as I went back.
Unfortunately the last couple of times have been quite disappointing. I had a toasted sandwich one lunch time and it was falling apart when brought to me, it had been left sitting on the plate for a while before I got it as it was almost cold and soggy. Both my friend and I ordered cappuccinos however we were brought one cappuccino and one latte.
My next visit was with my mother for carvery at the weekend. We had turkey and pork, both of which were quite dry. The staff were friendly enough but were talking to each other while we were trying to talk to them. After we sat down an elderly gentleman was standing at the counter for about 5 minutes waiting while the serving staff were all inside the kitchen door talking with the kitchen staff. I actually went over to the kitchen door to let them know that there was someone waiting, they didn’t acknowledge me and I was seated again for a while before anyone came out and as far as I could tell they made no apology to the gentleman who was waiting. After he paid he was struggling a bit with his tray to get to a table but none of the three staff now standing at the till area offered to help him.
I am disappointed because the food used to be of a better standard and the staff always made the guests feel very welcome but lately it almost feels as if the guests are disturbing the staff. I hope this will be turned around because it is a lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Racket Hall Country House Hotel is ideally situated on the N7 just outside the heritage town of Roscrea just a short distance from Dublin & Limerick providing the perfect location to get away from it all and enjoy a relaxing stay, whether it's business or pleasure. The perfect weekend or midweek hideaway. Originally built in the 18th century, this "Olde Worlde" country house has been refurbished in keeping with its true character. Set in the rolling countryside of the monastic midlands and nestled beneath the Slieve Bloom mountains. The elegantly furnished guest rooms are styled for comfort and luxury. Relax in the charming atmosphere at Racket Hall Country House Hotel. All guest rooms are en-suite with direct dial telephone, free wifi, room safe & tea & coffee making facilities to name but a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Racket Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racket Hall Country House Golf And Conference Hotel
- Racket Hall Country House Golf Hotel Roscrea
- Racket Hall Country House Hotel Roscrea, Ireland - County Tipperary