“Thank you Sean!!”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Thank you Sean!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Amazing castle, Sean filled it with everything he likes, and it's wonderful!
He'll tell you stories in front of the fireplace, and he's very friendly and says interesting things. He speaks very clear, so it's not hard to understand for tourists.
I asked him about the ghosts just when we finished the tour, because I was too scared, but he answered all of our questions.
Totally worth it, I'm glad that there's no sign to go there, so it's not crowded, and Sean can welcome people easily.
I regret that he couldn't show us the castle himself because of his leg, but he stayed in the main hall and guided us from there.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sara P

• Polish first
Vogelbach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Great castle..a must see!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had the pleasure of seeing Leap Castle, and met the owner, Sean Ryan, a super neat guy who took the time to sit us down in front of his fire and tell us stories. I think he even left out some of the 'elemental' stories because we were with our young boys. But he did not disappoint. He told us other ghost stories and shared his families personal experiences. He then gave us a flash light and let us explore the upper floors. So far, it's been my favorite part of our trip to Ireland. This castle had great charm, and is a definite must see. Mr. Ryan does all the restoration himself and has lovingly brought life back to this hidden gem. 6 Euro per person, but more than worth it! It helps finance the restoration, which the owner does with recycled materials.

Visited August 2014
Sioux City, Iowa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The Walls talk nearly as much as he ...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Mr. Sean Ryan and his Leap (pronounced LEPT) Castle is Amazing. We were in Ireland on the Shannon Princess hotel barge, and were directed to this "fixer-upper." The family has been rebuilding this ruin for more than 2 decades and must be commended. Its history is immense and they are staying true to its beginnings. Leap Castle ... and the Ryan Family ... are to be admired. They are knowledgeable beyond belief ... I mentioned my grandmother's maiden name, and Sean instantly told me quite a bit of their history while they lived in Northern Ireland. Some of it I already knew, and it was uncanny that he was spot-on with the rest of the information. Google the Ryan's Leap Castle on youtube. Interesting stuff. Don't miss this stop if you happen to be in the area. It is not for anyone who struggles with walking stairs, however.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Heathcote H
Saint Joseph, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Visit”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a great time. Mr Ryan told great stories, and then gave us a couple of flashlights and let us explore. The view was amazing from the top. I strongly recommend visiting this castle if you are anywhere near Roscrea.

Visited July 2014
NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unique experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Meeting the owners is worth visit alone. Their music and hospitality coupled with the education they shared about the area was invaluable

Visited June 2014