“Wonderful Stay!”

Seaview House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballylickey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked the hotel at the last minute and the Lady of the house was very gracious to accommodate us. She upgraded us for 1 night to a nice suite.
Mrs. O'Sullivan and her staff are very friendly and hospitality is top notch. Breakfast and Dinner are all made under her supervision and was delicious. Excellent menu and Irish breakfast.
Room was very comfortable and clean. The theme is all classic and a lot of attention went into the vintage decor..
Serene surroundings and gardens.

A small discomfort was the limited Wifi access . The wifi access was only available on the ground floor around the office area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank philsleepy

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband's parents were celebrating a special anniversary. When asked where they would like to spend this special day their reply was swift and without hesitation “The Seaview, Ballylickey”
They had stayed in the Seaview many times but the rest of the clan (16 of us) had never been.
What a welcome from Kathleen and her staff, from arrival to departure the staff were exemplary, they all seem to really enjoy life in the Seaview – one lady we were chatting to has been working there for 35 years, always a good sign.
After been shown to our room, we were invited to the lounge for tea and home-made biscuits. Our family were arriving at the hotel in dribs and drabs, as large parties tend to do – no problem to the staff and the tea and biscuits kept on coming.
Our bedroom was on the ground floor, a beautifully large bright room with 4 windows and French doors leading into the perfectly groomed garden. A king sized bed with a heavenly mattress that made for a great night’s sleep. The room is very tastefully decorated as is the whole house, pictures, tapestries and antiques abound.
The food here is fantastic and the menu varied from breakfast in the morning to dinner in the evening. The ingredients are quality and every morsel is cooked to perfection.
Alas we only had one night here – but what a stay, we were all of exact same opinion…. One night is not enough!
Thanks to all the great staff for ensuring our family had the best time.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is a little gem! Irish hospitality at its best,We stayed here at the end of March for two nights I booked over the phone with the owner Mrs o'Sullivan who offered me an upgrade to the mini suite.the room was beautiful olde world with a very comfortable bed and spotless clean,the staff here are so friendly and everyone is treated like one of the family,a special mention for Mary who was so "motherly" with all the guests.A lovely open log fire is in the very comfortable sitting room a real home from home.Breakfast ...where do I start ? freshly squeezed orange juice yes really fresh oranges,a good selection of fruits they even had stewed rhubarb cereals,bread, and the most delicious freshly cooked breakfast.all in all this hotel is superb and if ever we are in that beautiful part of Ireland I will definitely stay in the Seaview House.Mrs o'Sullivan is a lovely lady who takes great pride in her house and is very hospitable to all her guests chatting to everyone.We had one evening meal and it was lovely well presented and tasty.Do yourself a big favour and go stay here for a relaxing weekend !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Aileen_9
Reviewed 13 December 2013

One of the most relaxing hotels I have ever stayed in. The food is out of this world, Mrs O'Sullivan and her staff are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble for them, and the room overlooking the front garden was lovely, spacious and comfortable. I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have just returned from West Cork and what a wonderful experience we had in Seaview House Hotel, We were made feel so welcome by all the staff, and nothing was a problem, they were interested in what our days outing and always gave us a laugh. It was like going to your favourite aunties house, where you were filled with wonderful food, fire side drinks, tea and homemade cookies, breakfast in the very stylish dinning room, with windows all around looking out in the magnificent gardens, had an array of food to choose from, we filled up for the day. Dinner that evening was just as delicious , with a large selection too choose from, and again the staff were so nice and look after us so well.
The house itself had beautiful furniture, painting , and ornaments around, and just had the little touches that a manor house has. Our bedroom was facing the gardens and it was very comfortable, it had all the little extra in the bathroom and was cleaned every day, with fresh towels etc.
We totally went for some R & R and we felt very rested when we came home, maybe some lbs up on our waist line, with all the food we ate, but had to be done, and don't do it every weekend, so it made it very special for us indeed.
We would certainly return and would highly recommend it to every one.
Well done to Mrs O'Sullivan and all her wonderful staff, a big "Thank You" to you all

From a very happy Galway couple.

Room Tip: We got a room facing the gardens which I think they all do, but I would say the rooms with a balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine o
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at this Manor House Hotel recently. I had stayed there many years ago. My first impression when I went to my room was: "Oh why did it take me so long to come back". The Room was so beautiful, spacious and comfortable. I had done a lot of travelling since I last stayed there both in Ireland and abroad and I don't think I've ever had a nicer room anywhere in the world.
I really mean it.

After we arrived we were offered tea/coffee which we had in the lounge and we later had drinks in the conservatory. The lady that served us, I think her name was Helen came back to us a few times to make sure we were ok but she was not in any way intrusive.

There were lots of lovely paintings around the house and antique furniture in our room., bathroom floor was heated. There was also a lovely view of the garden from our room.

We had dinner that night and that was also excellent. The seafood was really fresh and the service was very good. Breakfast the following morning was also delicious with lots of choice, fresh fruit etc.

I consider this the best Manor House I have stayed in, in Ireland and also it was every bit as good as when I stayed here well over ten years ago. The comfort, decor, food, service and relaxed atmosphere of the place had not slipped in any way.

If you are looking for a treat, forget the big Hotels and try Seaview House. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Seaview house is also close to Glengarriffe and convenient to Gougane Barra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GObnait28
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We decided to take a short break for a complete rest and opted for the Seaview Hotel. It was perfect. Out suite was gorgeous, the hotel food excellent and the atmosphere relaxing. We really enjoyed the people that we met and totally chilled for our three nights. We ate in the first night and found it excellent. We ate out the other nights as we wanted to see some of the locality. It is a really comfortable hotel with none of the pretentiousness that spoils so many of Ireland newcomers on to the market.

Room Tip: Splash out for an upstairs suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Calire1956
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballylickey
Maritime Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff

Been to Seaview House Hotel? Share your experiences!