This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting with a river babbling by and awesome views of mount Spik.
We opted for a room with mountain views, which were well worth the little extra.The rooms are large and spacious with a large bathroom. Our room had free wifi too, but it appears that some rooms don't.
However, the hotels idilic location is also a bit of a burden. Unless you go full board you will need to walk (1hr) or bike (20 mins) along the cycle path to Kranjska Gora. There are two pizza restaurants along the way and a half dozen or so more pizza and steak restaurants in the town. The menus are very similar and there isn't much to offer vegetarians.
You will find that hotel spa is a welcome break from cycling and hiking. It consists of a decent sized indoor pool and a good sized children's pool. Outside there is a spacious sun terrace. The sauna is an extra, which must be paid for, as are the beauty treatments.
Breakfast at the hotel is well below four star standard, as is the service. Tables are set with room numbers for those on full board, but for those like us on bed and breakfast only you have to hunt for a spare table, which are often not set. Surely, when paying above the going rate for hotels in the region, being guided to a table is not too much to ask. The quality of the food at breakfast is below four star standard too, with machine only hot drinks (not fresh coffee) tinned fruit and watered fruit juices.
When we complained about having to search for a table every day the staff were disinterest and unhelpful, including the restaurant manager.
In summary, if a beautiful peaceful location allowing you easy access to the countryside for hiking and cycling is what you are after and you are not too concerned about poor service, then this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the idyllic and tranquil setting of Gozd Martuljek, five kilometres from Kranjska Gora, is located amidst unspoilt nature the Špik Alpine Healthness Resort. The entire offer of the resort is based on the unique and natural Alpine world, stressing its sustainable character and awareness of natural beauty and tradition. These important values cover the relationship with the local environment, relaxation, exercise and dynamics – a care for the quality of life. The Špik Resort has its own special character. The natural materials bring warmth and kindness to the facility, while the wide open view of nature soothes and relaxes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Spik Alpine Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Spik Alpine Wellness Gozd Martuljek
- Spik Hotel Kranjska Gora
- Hotel Spik Alpine Wellness Resort Slovenia/Gozd Martuljek