“Really a 2 star maximum hotel grade”

Airport Hotel Budapest
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vecses
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel and then went onto an airport hotel of same 4 star grade at Madrid airport . The Budapest hotel was like a 1 star hotel and the Madrid hotel 5 star plus .
The beds in Budapest were 'wafer thin' and the pillow had 'no filling in it ' . To make it worse the food selection is terrible. I travel extensively and this is the worse hotel I have been in in more than 10 years . initially the reception service was good and polite however on checking out a young counter man kept talking to the girl checking me out ( certainly not business talk ). Never again !

Room Tip: Never book it's. I did for convenience but not again 1
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived on a very late flight (11pm) and once we arrived, called the hotel to send the shuttle which arrived in around 10 minutes. We were in the hotel in under 5 minutes, and checked in soon after that. We had to pay for the room upon check-in and were offered a discount of 15 euro (I think) if we settled the bill in cash rather than using credit card. We had reserved a corner room / suite as we were travelling with our two children. The room had a separate bedroom and living room / kitchen. The kids beds were set-up in the living room. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Breakfast the next morning was great - served in a sunny and spacious dining room. I hopped on the shuttle the next morning back to the airport to pick-up our rental car from the airport. Wifi was free - much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank outofaustralia
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Good location to stay before leaving to you destination being close to car rentals and airport. Goor food at restaurant, clean room, a bit of smell in the room, good bed, free parking and WIFI. In the price is also breakfast included.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While the hotel seems pretty standard it has some highlights
Excellent isolation makes your sleep safe and sure disregarding you`re by the airport
Breakfast at 4 am - what about that ! The`re simply not many hotels that can compete with that and you`ll feel better starting the day so early
The shuttle - just a call ,even at midnight and the hotel car comes and picks you up .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrei F
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was American style in that you can take a shower in a spacious environment. Wifi is available. The restaurant is open 24/7 and a great breakfast is included. After spending time in downtown Budapest this is the best place to stay while waiting for that early morning flight.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Found this hotel on tripadvisor- reasonably priced= actually, really frugal-and was happily surprised to find the venue inviting, comfortable and with a great restaurant. I had the salmon dinner, which was as tasty as any I've had anywhere and my wife had a delicious Caesar salad. She also enjoyed a Hungarian chardonnay. Our waiter Gabor was highly professional and helpful with dinner and wine offerings. We were all smiling at the end of our delicious meal when paying with our remaining forins and euros. A most enjoyable evening.
The desk clerk Andrea was also very helpful with my attempt to enter info for boarding passes on the European semi-qwerty system.
The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and sitting area. My only suggestion is to update the towels- a bit threadbare -but the housekeeping staff was efficient and very hygienic.
Glad I didn't pay for the Hilton- I'd return to Airport hotel again!
BTW breakfast included and shuttle to nearby airport.

Room Tip: Check hotels.com and similar sites for great rates.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonBobAtlantaGA
Reviewed 29 May 2013

As our plane arrived at 4.15am, following a delayed departure from Luton, I was grateful not to travel very far from the airport, to et to bed and check in was exceptionally quick. My room overlooked a massive car park, but as I only slept there - this did not really matter to me.
Breakfast was included in the rate and there was a good choice.There was also a restaurant, but I chose to eat out.
I wasn't over- enamoured with the hotel in general and although some of the staff were friendly and helpful, one receptionist was totally lacking, and just said she couldn't help me. I know that had some of the other staff been on duty they would have resolved my problem.
The hotel is a fair distance from the centre of Budapest, about a 15-20 minute taxi ride, at a cost of about 6.500 Forint, approximately £18, which was not unreasonable.
However, having said all this on my next visit I would choose to saty in the centre of Budapest

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vecses
Sarokhaz Panzio
Hilton Budapest
#15 of 334 in Budapest
Hotel Ferihegy
#5 of 5 in Vecses

Been to Airport Hotel Budapest? Share your experiences!