“Great for an overnight stop”

Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co.
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albavilla
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here as part of a coach tour, and were very impressed. The food, service, hotel cleanliness etc cannot be faulted, but what made the hotel special for us was the panoramic view over lake and mountains, clearly visible through the full wall windows in the bar seating area. We can also recommend the short walk my wife and I had up the the small village just above the hotel. All in all, this was the best hotel we stayed in during our touring holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Dreaded going back to this hotel as we stayed here exactly a year ago and it was awful with a capital A.
But to our surprise and amazement all had changed. The staff came out to meet you. were pleasant and friendly.
The rooms were completely different..................we could not believe our eyes. All new. new bed, new curtains, new furniture, newly and freshly decorated. In fact our air conditioning broke down, and we were offered a choice of another 2 rooms. we looked at both and they were both perfect. All new and redone.
The lovely girl who was running the place was so kind and helpful, she couldn't have been nicer, and the poor maid left to do all the work was so sweet.
The evening meal was excellent and in fact the best we had had in a week. very plentiful and rather nice quality.
we sat out on the terrace overlooking the lake at night with a coffee and a drink and it was perfect.
Well done Albavilla for turning yourself around.

Room Tip: A room at the front has lovely views but is noisy. A room at the back is quiet but no view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife & I stayed here for an overnight stay returning home from a Leger holiday in Sorrento. I believe it is described as being in the Lake Como area though you would need a telescope to see it and there is definitely nothing to walk to in it's location or any way you could make your own way to Como. I normally take photo's of all the Hotel's we stay in but I could only find a board with the Hotel's name propped up in an hedge. I couldn't work out where the main entrance was and as stated in other reviews we entered the Hotel, after coming through an electric gate, over a metal bridge which didn't go down to well with my Wife as being scared of heights. The bedroom layout is similar to that of being on an overnight ferry with all the bedroom doors in a straight line each side with the Reception & bar area being on different floors. It's very easy to walk off with your bedroom key as you have to go back on yourself to return it. Our driver was obviously well aware of this & kept reminding us. The bedroom is enough for an overnight stay but there is obviously an issue with the electrics as our light switches & others in our group continued to crackle when switching them on & we left those switches well alone. Some of the lighting was even out in the room. The shower was a strange affair with an initial wet room construction which obviously has gone wrong & is now sand bagged by towels around it. The outdoor seating area gives nice views of the area & shows Lake Como in the distance. One disturbing thing I found was on going to the reception area which was unattended to ask for 2 more pillows, passports had been left out on the desk. We waited a good 5 minutes for a man to come and then he went off to look for the Housekeeper. I gave mention to him of this lapse in security & hopefully this has been tightened up but you may need to make sure they have been put away securely on giving your passports in. Pillows are available though if you need more pillows. The evening meal was good to start with, a bottle of red wine & water provided for each table and pasta served as a starter. We were then served chicken and directed to a table where salad, potatoes & all veg - carrots, cauliflower etc were available, a roast dinner & very welcome we thought. The only downside was that though the potatoes were warm all the veg was stone cold. We didn't know whether this was the norm in Italy or not but very difficult eating cold vegetables & they were duly left. All in all suitable for a 1 night stay but certainly for no longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Dropped at the coach parking at the side of the hotel, we gained entrance via a small bridge into one of the hotel's bedroom corridors.

No one from the hotel was noticable to give any guidance where anything was, or where we should go. Thus everyone just had to wander around until someone spotted their room.

Being polite, I would say the rooms were the same and ours was 'basic' to say the least. It contained two very low, single beds, a pillow for each, a sheet and another thin covering.

The walls were a sort of cream and very plain. The addition of large mirrors on two walls had probably be put to help avoid the small size of the room. There was a small, (not flat screen) tv, a fridge, a mini safe, as well as a bathroom (almost felt the same size as the bedroom!) but all in all not a place that either of us wanted to spend any time in.

There were two coach parties staying, kept separate with the other eating first. So when we got into the restaurant and took our seats at several communial tables, we had no idea what to expect.

We did not find out what was available until it was put in front of us! Thus no one knew what there was and as far as I am aware, there was little or no choice for us.

I believe there was a pasta course, but the main course included some meat and you could help yourself from the cold salad available on a separate table.

Unfortunately I do not care for cold salad with hot food.

The only positive thing I have to say about this hotel was that there was free wifi in the room which was very easy to access. (I noted hubs attached to the corridor walls at frequent intervals).

I have no idea if there was any kind of lounge or seating area at this hotel, never found any.

All in all, I think everyone on our coach trip was pleased to leave.

No one was around to guide us to the restaurant, so again we just had to wander about until we found it.

Room Tip: My preference would to be to avoid this hotel, but I have no idea how centrally it is located or if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edgware2011
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Odd to get into as it is entered via a metal bridge which can be unnerving if you have a fear of heights. I had a one night stay on the way back from a coach tour holiday. The room itself was nice but the shower room old fashioned with a plastic curtain for the shower area. Large towels were placed around the metal edges, I wondered why until I used the shower and found water cascades over the edges. Clearly needs modernisation. There was no choice of evening meal which after a very nice starter of pasta, deteriorated with a main course of greasy chicken legs on which there was very little meat. There was a nice salad bar but no dressings to with it. Dessert was a disgusting chocolate mousse which didn't taste of anything. The only decent thing was the wine which was included. The hotel has a decent bar and spirits etc were served in generous measures and there is nice terrace to sit out on. The staff are pleasant and as another reviewer said speak excellent English. It seems as the hotel attitude is that it's only a coach tour so it doesn't matter what they are served. The buffet breakfast was ok but difficult getting the guy to understand when people wanted ordinary tea as they only had green, herbal or fruit. A big let down as I've never had a a problem with food in Italy on previous occasions.

Room Tip: The rooms appear to be pretty much the same although some doors open outward and others inwards.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I were on a Leger coach trip and this was our second nights pit stop. We had looked at all the reviews on trip adviser and this was the only hotel we had concerns with out of the 9 hotels Leger had selected for what has turned out to be an amazing coach holiday experience. We think the reviews that have been written over recent times do some up what is a tired hotel, yes the sheets were white and clean and as we arrived late at the hotel and it was an early start in the morning, it's not a hotel we would rush back to. The evening meal of chicken and chips with no selection of salad was disappointing!!!!!! We are sure a home made lasagne with a mixed salad as we were in Italy would have been closer to the mark. We think this Hotel lets Leger down going by the rest of the Hotels we stayed at on our Coach Experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A2D4U
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here on a recent leger holiday. Worried after reading previous reviews but the hotel seems to be working on improving its service. The food was not bad, I believe they have changed the menu recnetly and the lady looking after reception and the bar was very pleasant and spoke excellent English. One outstanding feature was the view from the front terrace.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank max51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albavilla
Inverigo Hotel
Leonardo da Vinci Hotel Erba
Hotel Como
Hotel Como
#8 of 32 in Como

Been to Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co.

Address: Via per Carcano, 6/A, 22031 Albavilla, Italy (Formerly Albavilla Hotel)
Region: Italy > Lombardy > Province of Como > Albavilla
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albavilla
Price Range: £59 - £88 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co. 4*
Signed by Architect Gabriele Talpo, the Albavilla Hotel & Co it is a four stars of more than 70 rooms, an innovative hospitality project that combines the high quality of services to design perfections: the iridescent velvets, large windows, the chairs with clean and rounded lines in warmer colors, the contrasting walls, the iridescent velvet and optical prints of other furniture become a pleasant frame to accommodate guests. The Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co is a new hotel situated in the heart of Brianza, a privileged place which dominates a unique landscape, very good for relax but also to reach the most beautiful places of the surrounding like Como, Lecco and the fabulous Bellagio. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Albavilla Hotel & Co. Como