“a enjoyable vacation.”

Dunes Hotel & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pedro Gonzales
Reviewed 21 June 2014

the hotel was fantastic the staff, food and ambience was excellent. the hotel made me feel at home. one day I got up and went down for breakfast and when the head chef saw my plate he asked If I dint like what was on the menu and I said no I am a vegetarian so he said give me five minutes later he brought a plate full vegetarian food I felt special and at home.

Room Tip: a ocean view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Renaldo R
There are newer reviews for Dunes Hotel & Beach Resort

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is huge. It has many swiming pools, restaurants, beach, beach bar and they made many animation program for children and adults all day long. The food was good, personal was good and I love the beach with the lighthouse on the hill next to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Madeleine F
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the premium section of this hotel. We arrived after 3rd so lunch was over. We checked in, and was ushered to the snack bar near the beach to get something to eat. This was much more than a snack bar, there Was a buffet and the kids had burger and fries.The staff was very friendly. The whole atmosphere of this place was happy and friendly. We took a mini bus to our bulding, and these buses run every 5mins. In the premium section, there is a restaurant and a snack bar with burgers and Hot dogs, very convenient for kids who spend all day in the pool. This is a well thought out facility, their aim was to make it as comfortable to the guests as is possible and they succeeded. Everything was within reach, you didn't have to walk if you didn't want to. The staff we met spoke some measure of English and were very helpful. These people work very hard, the girl who supervised the kid's pool all day was putting out chairs for the night's show and was even on stage with the kids. I was so impressed to see the guy at reception dancing in the show. This was first time we got an adjoining room for the kids, while we got a king sized bed. Well of course we ended Up sleeping in the same bed, but we had lots of storage space in the two rooms. I would recommend this place to anyone and I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank trini147389
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recommend this Hotel to anyone that is interested in visiting Margarita. The food is good, the hotel is clean and the surrounding are beautiful especially the beach. Most people are friendly and helpful. A nice hotel to have a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Atala S
Reviewed 24 March 2014

my husband and i stayed at this hotel on the carnival weekend together with a friend who had her own room separately.first of all when we arrived at the reception area everything went smooth and exceptional well. the surroundings very well kept and beautiful we were all excited. when we were taken to our rooms as the door open this is when it started to scare us about our choice inchoosing this hotel. first of all the lines were very old, the room was very small no space, the washroom facility were disgusting.everytime the toilet flush u seeing water in the ground, the bathroom hot and cold were not working properly.the bathroom had small moulds in the corners.the rooms we could not open with our keys always had to asked the security for assistance.the food was great . never return to this hotel again, very poor room atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank trinistyle
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I would like to say that 10 of us stayed at this hotel and we had 3 rooms in building 35. Room 35212 definitely has a female ghost. I would make it short as I do not want to go into details. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Very disgusting. Everything is so dirty and very filthy. It was our first time to visit this island and our experience will never make us go back there. I will simply say, I have seen horror movie and did not believe that its real but after what happen to us in the day and in the night we believe its realty. We have also ask the hotel staff and they said yes because we want to know if its true what is happening to us and if its real and the staff said yes its true and its real that there is a female ghost in one of our room which was 35212.It is unbelievable, you have to believe its no JOKE.I will rate this hotel-----000000. They should closed this hotel down. It is very haunted.

Room Tip: Has nothing to offer very bad and disgusting.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Savi5349
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Firstly let me say that this was my experience, it may not be yours. Check in was good, this was about 12 noon we were told that our rooms were not ready, but we were able to get some lunch which was good. At about 3 pm I was told that our rooms were ready, so we proceeded to it and that was when things went south real fast. The room was old and smelt terrible, along with the very uncomfortable bed. My wife turned on the hot water in the bathroom which came out the taps brown and rusty.

When we informed the front desk, they suggested we let it run for 5 minutes and it will clear up which we did but after an hour it did not help, my wife wanted to take a hot bath because we had left home since 7 am. The door to the out side porch lock was broken we felt unsafe.Towels were very old and needed to be wash in bleach. I heard from fellow guest that their rooms were flooded one night from a broken pipe.

One day i when to the bar for a drink and was told by the barkeeper that there were no cups so he could not give me a drink. Imagine this is an all inclusive and you cannot get a drink, by this time i felt i needed one. I must also say that Venezuelans are treated better then English speaking guest.

During our stay my mother in law who was with us got very ill and could not go to the shuttle to get to the restaurant for her lunch we asked guest services if she could get something in her room which they flatly refused to deliver and informed me that i could not take any thing to her. This was a deal breaker for us my wife will not ever visit this resort again as a result.

Despite all this i must say the food at two of the restaurants was good and the staff there was friendly. The grounds was well kept will i visit margarita in the future, maybe but not this resort.

Room Tip: choose room near the lounge area it seen to be nice .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LIDOTEL Hotel Boutique Margarita
Unik Hotel Margarita
Unik Hotel Margarita
#2 of 8 in Pampatar

Been to Dunes Hotel & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!