“Very good Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueblo Caribe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Tirano
Pueblo Caribe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in El Tirano
Belgrade, Serbia
“Very good Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I was there almost 5 years ago but I remember I had a great holiday! I see some people complain about cleanliness. This is not the cleanest place on Earth if you explore the neighborhood, but my room and the hotel was clean. The service was quite good. I was exploring the island and I took few trips to other parts of Venezuela. I suppose one will not go there and stay in the room for the rest of holidays. Food was great, a lot of meet, vegetables and fresh fruit. I have a sensitive stomach, but I didn't have any stomach problems. On the beach I met a local tourist agent Vicente, he was offering tours around the island and country. I remember I was afraid to give 500$ to somebody I don't know for a 3 days expedition through the jungles to the Angels Falls, without any receipt. But nothing went wrong. It was quite a long trip with car, planes, boats and my own foot. That was the best adventure of my life. Later I took a trip to Los Roques with the same agent. Trip around the island was also great. If you plan to explore the island and other parts of the country, this hotel can be a good choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Simbabg

Bilbao, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The hotel was dirty and unprepared for the guests – I only spent one day there and changed hotels since I felt as if I paid money to be in a prison cell. I mean, if you have extremely low expectations, you might be ok, but I doubt you’ll be happy. There is a nice beach nearby and a marina, from where you can take great one-day trips to the island and the coral reef to scuba-dive or snorkel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank trvlgrll

Travellers are raving about these El Tirano hotels

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

We stayed there in february 2008 for two weeks and had a nice time. Of course there were issues... but this is Venezuela! Hotel was in serious need of DIY and rooms were simply damp and nasty. We used the room only at night and spent the time outside of the hotel. If you plan to stay all the time at the hotel don't book. However, if you come with open mind to blend with the locals and visit outstanding places this hotel is acceptable. We took several trips.
Jeep safari - great experience
Canaima - beautiful scenery, highly recommended
Los Roques - finest beaches and water with colourful reef
The hotel staff were working very hard. We had stomach problems so make sure you pack some tablets. Also a good mossie repellent is recommended.
Keep open mind and have fun!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank justimari
Slough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

Worst holiday ever!
We paid nearly £2000 for this holiday back in October 2007 with Firstchoice.......rubbish company who ignore complaints both on holiday and afterwards, got your money and don't care what happens to you! 2 weeks of hell, bin strike so the place was roaming in flies, wild dogs and cats covered in fleas that the hotel were not bothered about. Shanty town outside hotel so you cant even get off the transfer bus without hoards of locals surrounding you trying to see in your bags, no hot water for 9 days, asked every day to be moved but told we were not as important as the locals who were checking in on their own seasonal holidays, if you weren't spanish speaking you werent important! I was 6 months pregnant and pushed and shoved by locals when trying to get to the "american" buffet bar each morning and evening - whats american about runny fish soup and probably what looked like chopped dog mince meat?? seriously could not eat here and no one could point us in a safe direction to any outside restaurants and the one day we did go out to the shopping mall in town the taxi tried to rip us off even after agreeing a price upfront and as you have to wear bright pink wristbands that are non removable unless you want to pay for the hotel all over again every local ina 5 mile radius of you can see you a re a free for all tourist to be robbed! we had kids trying to pick pocket us and dodgy looking chinese/venezuelan men following us around asking if we needed to change money up and telling us they could take us somewhere to do it!! no thanks! By day 9 we still had not been moved rooms, rep was useless so had to call back to firstchoice in London on emergency number who finally managed to talk sense into the local rep to have a word with the hotel and move us, we would have flown home but no flights only one each week in and off the island which was our planned departure out already! We got moved to a cockroach infested room that still had no hotwater next door to an open sewer...yes i did say 6 months pregnant! Never had a response from firstchoice to this day about our 6 complaints continually sent. Powercut 3 times we were there, each time i had to fumble down 5 flights of stairs in the dark and reception didnt even know there had been a power cut! Leant on the pool side bar one day for half of the wall to fall off onto my partners bare foot...no apology just walked away! very rude, staff steal from your room, money, jewellery and even toothpaste! barmen are rude and encourage tourists to try to speak the lingo but end up giving them rude phrases to say to other locals to start a fight! only nice thing about this holiday was the catermaran trip, i loved it, guys were friendly, food was fresh and tasted great and above all they were genuinely there to make sure you were safe and well and had a good time on their trip....
would never go back, would never use firstchoice again - there should be a law against them selling this holiday to people,......one way ticket to death! either by th l ocals or the food and hotel unsafe conditions!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank saraht6546
Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

The rooms were sub standard, and we certainly did not forsee or zipped suitcases (not locked unfortunately) were opened and we were robbed! I don't know what was worse being robbed by cleaning staff or the unconcerned and rude attitude by hotel staff when a report was made!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sherry45
Margate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

What a disappointment. The hotel is very run down, everything is dirty in the public areas, and the food would turn your stomach. The room was poorly decorated - white emulsion splashed up the windows, a rusty bed base - and it stank of damp. The restaurants are patrolled by wild dogs and cats, and the beach was a disappointment. The bars are poorly stocked and the service poor.

I'm well travelled and used to different standards in different countries, however this was just horrendous. I was sold the holiday by an enthusiastic First Choice Rep who'd obviously never been there. Idyllic Caribbean? No way.

The resort was intimidating, and the locals far from friendly.

We stayed for one night and kicked up such a fuss that First Choice moved us to a neighboring hotel that was marginally better.

Margarita is not nice. Three people were robbed outside the hotel in the two weeks that we spent there, and all of the residents in the hotel commented on just how bad the place was.

I would have found the hotel's poor and dirty standards acceptable if the holiday had been cheap, however £2000 for two weeks in purgatory was too much. Take my advice and go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic - far better and safer bets.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BenjaminCT7
St. Jean-Baptiste, QC, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Well it seems that the UK tourists get the sun hard on the head once they left their foggy nice country.

We were at the Pueblo Caribe in 2005 and returned again on Feb 2nd, 2010. We were to go in 2008 but my wife had to have surgery for a breast cancer 6 days after our expected departure, we did cancel but never been paid by insurance. All to say, we paid a double price (cancellation and this year trip) and for this price we were 110% satisfied. We were treated as well this year as we were 5 years ago. We had an extra this year, we had complete access to the Isla Caribe, their sister hotel which is a 4 stars except the rooms.

We met few staff members that were there 5 years ago and they were as gentle as they were. Fast service and drinks as strong as desired. We never been sick in 2 years and the food always was pretty good. We realised that the breakfast and lunch was best at the Isla Caribe (more choice) but the supper was great at the Pueblo Caribe.

We walked one day to Playa El Agua, an hour and half walk and never and say never felt that we were in danger. We did talk to as many Venezolanos as we could during our walk and we even were invited by 3 different to visit their house and have a good Cuba Libre.

We are expecting to spend a complete month next Feb. One of the owner is from Montreal, like us and he was there everyday to make sure everything was ok, not only for us but for everybody there, including the staff that said he was about the best boss.

We surely recommend the Pueblo Caribe to everybody that want a nice cheap and enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Maloka Hotel Boutique & Spa
California Hotel
California Hotel
#2 of 12 in El Yaque

Been to Pueblo Caribe Hotel? Share your experiences!