“Really did enjoyed my second stay there.”

and 1 more site!
Pueblo Caribe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in El Tirano
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Well it seems that the UK tourists get the sun hard on the head once they left their foggy nice country.

We were at the Pueblo Caribe in 2005 and returned again on Feb 2nd, 2010. We were to go in 2008 but my wife had to have surgery for a breast cancer 6 days after our expected departure, we did cancel but never been paid by insurance. All to say, we paid a double price (cancellation and this year trip) and for this price we were 110% satisfied. We were treated as well this year as we were 5 years ago. We had an extra this year, we had complete access to the Isla Caribe, their sister hotel which is a 4 stars except the rooms.

We met few staff members that were there 5 years ago and they were as gentle as they were. Fast service and drinks as strong as desired. We never been sick in 2 years and the food always was pretty good. We realised that the breakfast and lunch was best at the Isla Caribe (more choice) but the supper was great at the Pueblo Caribe.

We walked one day to Playa El Agua, an hour and half walk and never and say never felt that we were in danger. We did talk to as many Venezolanos as we could during our walk and we even were invited by 3 different to visit their house and have a good Cuba Libre.

We are expecting to spend a complete month next Feb. One of the owner is from Montreal, like us and he was there everyday to make sure everything was ok, not only for us but for everybody there, including the staff that said he was about the best boss.

We surely recommend the Pueblo Caribe to everybody that want a nice cheap and enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trucker6

Reviewed 7 April 2010

We went March 23-30, 2010, after reading the other reviews we were expecting the worst.
Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is attached to its sister resort the Isla Caribe, and you can access either hotels restaurants and pools as you wish.Our room had a double bed and two singles perfect for us (three people). We never had a problem with towels and our maid cleaned the room well everyday. There are three pools to choose from , and always lounge chairs available. The beach towel barrista had a bit of an attitiude, you hand in your card at the beginning of the week, get the towel and exchange in the morning, she seemed to want the towel and the card every morning. The food was the usual for Carribean vacations at Buffet meals. We never went hungry, very attentive waiters (drinks), they kept the restaurant very clean . Don't waste your time going to La Fontana (a la carte- one visit a week included in your price) Four course meal, nice atmosphere , but food no better than buffet . Beach is beautiful, although sometimes not alot of sand availbale for tanning due to high tide, Loungers with shade covers free for resort customers (the beach is a public one but not alot of residents or vendors hounding you). The entertainment is a bit lacking but enjoyable enough to watch. As for reviews involving safety issues- we had NO problems what so ever. We did not purchase the safety deposit box . I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing sun filled vacation. Every day over 90 degrees and sun blazing , no clouds , no rain. I would also recommend the 4x4 jeep tour. $60 from
9am-6pm including a great lunch. Super tour of the island and fun stops ( do go the toilet at the stops no matter how bad they look. Those roads can be very rough. We will definately go back, Great value for the money

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank farleyw
Reviewed 3 February 2010

definatly the worst holiday ive ever been on, im a serving british soldier so i have no problems with adapting to foriegn countries, ive been to iraq three times and afghanistan once, i can honestly say that this was worse than both, i hated every minute of my stay and was very dissapointed with first choice for persuading me to not go to cuba which was my origanal plan. The resort itself was very dodgy and had almost a lawless feel to it, Food was terrible so we resorted to eating out which was a 20 minute taxi drive. The restraunt we visited was very dirty but awsome sea food, when it was time to leave the retaraunt the owner made us stay at our tables until the taxi came just incase we were mugged out side....kind of sums margarita up for me, typical south america and not typical carribean like First choice said it was!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dai25149
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I went to this same hotel and the attention was great....I don't know what the clowns above are talking about. This is South America..if you want to go there...go with an open mind if not...stay home.. The beaches are beautiful, the food amaizing....the drinks very very strong...so..if you can't take it...don't drink it...

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mamacitaDc
Reviewed 25 October 2009

My partner and I stayed at Pueblo Caribe for two weeks back in 2008. I have written a review before but I feel compelled to write again to warn people about Pueblo Caribe and the horrifying ordeal we experienced there.

We had our drinks spiked at the hotel bar and woke up semi-clothed and injured and with no memory of what had happened during the past four hours. The barman was the only person who had access to our drinks so we can say with some certainty that they were spiked by him. Our rep kicked us out of the hotel for causing noise (of which we have no memory) and told us that First Choice had no obligation to help us and we could only rejoin First Choice for our flights home - ten days later. We were left on our own to seek medical attention for our injuries and try to pursue the matter with the local police. We had little money with us (as we had paid for an all-inclusive stay) and struggled to communicate with doctors and police because of language barriers.

First Choice did nothing until several days later (after we had spoken to the Embassy) when I assume they realised they shouldn't have abandoned us like that. We have spent months writing to First Choice who never bothered to reply or listen to our complaint. We were forced to pursue the matter legally through IDRS arbitration and were awarded compensation for First Choice's appalling neglect. Despite this, First Choice appealled the decision but a second arbitrator upheld the award for compensation.

This was truly the worst holiday and the most terrifying experience of our lives. I would seriously urge you to not holiday at this hotel but if you do BE VERY CAREFUL and ALERT at all times. Our drinks were spiked without us knowing by the hotel barman - if you can't trust the barman then you can't trust anybody. To say this area is safe is simply ignorant - just because one person does not have any issues on holiday does not make that area safe. It is irresponsible to suggest that the area is safe as we can prove that it definitely isn't.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Fumboline
Reviewed 13 April 2009

stayed one night hated every second dirty, disgusting, smelly, dangerous, no beach horrible food moved to le flamboyant read my review ....

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank fairymum
Reviewed 31 March 2009

My husband and I have been back a week now and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel could do with good clean and spruce up and the food was very samey. However as a vegetarian I coped quite well we were there for 1 week. The sea was very rough but I prefer the pool anyway so no problem there. People will you tell you it's not safe to go outside the hotel that is rubbish we went for some lovely walks and also watched the locals play baseball. The thing that I did not like was the stray dogs and cats, as an animal lover I found this upsetting but this goes with the territory I am afraid. We went to Angel falls which was brilliant it was expensive just over £500 for the two of us but it was well worth it. The only reason we would not go again is because there are so many other places that we want to visit. Like I said in the title go with an open mind, I felt sick when I read the reviews and wanted to cancel the holiday, I am so glad I didn't.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Pampatar
Puerta Del Sol Porlamar
Puerta Del Sol Porlamar
#11 of 23 in Porlamar

Been to Pueblo Caribe Hotel? Share your experiences!