“DuParc has seen better days”
Review of Hotel Du Parc

Hotel Du Parc
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Atri
Ocean City
“DuParc has seen better days”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on and off for about 20 years. It is priced right, and for the most part I've been satisfied. My most recent stay was unsatisfactory though. After making reservations for a week's stay, I was told that I would have to vacate after 4 days as the hotel was being closed for renovations. Those 4 days there I felt like an intruder. The central a/c was shut off. They promised me a fan which never showed up. The restaurant was closed. Once I waited almost 20 minutes for the front desk guy to show up for my keys. I ended up having to move to a B&B which was ok but I don't like sharing a bathroom. My vacation was pretty much ruined. I hope they get their act together by the next time I go there. They're the only hotel in town.

Room Tip: Check the balcony. The one I had was full of pigeons and poop.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 10 November 2012

As one is not spoiled for choice in Atri, the Hotel Du Parc offers good, clean accommodation at a reasonable price. However, the decor is very tired. Although the hotel advertizes free parking, it is actually street parking in front of the hotel. It's strange that such a beautiful town as Atri that is full of wonderful Medieval attractions has only one hotel. The Hotel du Parc is good for a two night stay at most. Any longer would be very depressing.

Room Tip: If you're visiting Atri, I'd recommend checking oput one of the B&B's. Since I didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Nice hotel, very comfortable, we were too early in the season for the pool unfortunately.
Atri is a beautiful hill-top town with stunning views to the mountains and the sea.
If you like old churches and a place with character, Atri is for you.
The thing that we found unimpressive was the service. The staff didn't seem interested, and made no effort to be friendly or helpful. Difficult to even raise a smile!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenny503726
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This is a hotel is way past its best. If you go to its website you will see a beautiful hotel...but when you arrive you will find the reality very different. It has potential but it is very run down, badly needs a face lift. The result is a very demotivated staff and a depressing hotel.
Even our key was held together with selotape, the loo seat was chipped down to bare wood, the walls of the room were scuffed and much wasn't clean.
Atri itself is wonderful, kind people and wonderful family run restaurant called by the locals Zedi... but try and find a b&b....don't stay here! Unless they refurbish and take, once again...because you feel it once was fine..... a pride in the place. I have photos but don't know how to upload them, or even if it is possible.....

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmn2011

Travellers are raving about these Atri hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of October, there were three of us in our room, our 12 yeard old daughter, my husband and I. Our room had 3 single beds, it was clean, comfortable and spacious, We were in room 206 and had balcony the view from the balcony was spectacular. The Adriatic Sea to the left and the mountains to the right. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the food was fantastic and all the staff were very helpful and polite. There is also an outdoor pool with a wonderful outdoor seating area but with it being the end of October the pool was closed. The hotel is situated next to a lovely park with fountains a walking path and a play area for younger children. Lovely hotel and we had a lovely stay.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LTML
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2010

As this is the only Hotel in Atri they have the monopoly on accomodation, the rooms are drap and boring, dark corridors and unfriendly staff. We found a pair of soiled pants in a plastic bag in the wardrobe!! Atri is a lovely town but would not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jubbytub
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I spent 11 nights in this excellent hotel. Rooms very clean...Staff brilliant, from the owner, to Francesco the Direttore Generale, to the exquisite chef, the reception staff very friendly and helpful and the cameriere (waiters) cant be better than they were. All the staff makes you feel so welcome and do more than their best to help you. FREE WIFI..and the food is ECCEZIONALE and so much that it is a must to gain a few kilos. The location is superb right in the centre of a very active city.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank john_busuttil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atri
Hotel Roma
B&B Don Aurelio
B&B Don Aurelio
#3 of 12 in Atri
BioAgriturismo La Quercia

Been to Hotel Du Parc? Share your experiences!