All reviewslocal restaurantsfinca el cerrillosecond visitpainting holidaywalking holidayhonesty barcarob treemalaga airportnothing is too much troublestunning viewsattention to detailmulti levelevening meals areswimming poolexceeded our expectationsexcellent foodfirst class
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Sue and Gordon have created a wonderful hillside retreat in a beautiful area of Spain. The simply furnished but comfortable rooms are all slightly different, providing superb views over the white villages, old olive grove with wild flower walks and tree house. Formal gardens leading down to the pool (several steps) provide a variety of both shaded and sunny areas for relaxing. The food was excellent, with the evening set meals a delight. An interesting and enjoyable twist was that we were taxied to local restaurants for 3 of the weeks evening meals.

We booked through Headwater for a walking holiday, though Sue and Gordon arranged everything:- Taxi to/from airport, local English walking guides, taxis to start or return from walks where needed, and taxis for the trip to Alhambra in Grenada.

The hiking in the area was fabulous (we had great weather), best taken with a guide as local maps may be insufficient. Be prepared for some steep ups and downs as it is a very hilly area.The pretty villages are not overrun with tourists and provide lunch time tapas stops.

Thank you Sue, Gordon, and all your staff for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SmilingSixties
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This gem of a hotel is found in a tranquil location with fabulous views of sweeping hills and valleys .Everything about this finca is wonderful so much so I don't really want to spread the word but its only fair to tell you about it .The food is especially delicious and memorable, and Sue and Gordon are the best hosts ever.I guarantee you'll have an awesome time here , and want to return!

Room Tip: All amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 569sezi
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the finca for 3 nights and everything from the location, fab staff, animals, garden, pool, room and food were perfect.

We were in one of the garden rooms under the pool. The room was a good size, tastefully decorated in keeping with the finca, and we were able to lie in bed and look at the fab view across the valley. We also had our own terrace with table, chairs and sun loungers. There is a kettle in the room and you can get fresh milk from the fridge in the bar area. There is an honesty bar with a good selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.

Breakfast on the terrace was lovely and consisted of fruits, yogurts, cereal, eggs, cheese etc. we had a couple of lunches there and a meal one evening. I am vegetarian and they accommodated me very well including getting me soya milk!

A couple of nights we did the 20 minute walk, up and down the valley, to Canillas to eat, and then got a taxi back - 5 euros.

A lot of people staying there had been before and I totally understand why - we'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

What a fabulous way to celebrate our friendship of Claire - a groups of her friends enjoying laughter and time away in a beautiful place that meant so much to her! Gordon and Sue have created something special here - beyond the physical elements of this Finca there is the unique atmosphere - generated by the hosts and their attitude! The food was fab, the pool area stunning, the views awesome and the tree house something else! We will return!
G&F xx

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I spent a week in this lovely hotel back in October - sorry late with review but thought I had to reiterate the brilliant reviews already posted. I was in a painting holiday with a group of friends and had the most amazing time. The location is perfect for a relaxing break and we had no TV ( don't even know if there are any but we didn't miss it). The food was beautifully cooked by Christina and we sat outside in the terrace overlooking the fantastic view, having great conversation and drinking wine from the honesty bar. Our room was simple and rustic but clean and comfortable. The gardens are a haven where there are loads of places to sit either in the sun or in the shade and there's a pool which is unheated and because it was October I didn't venture in. However, those who did loved it! The staff are great and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Thanks to them all and I am returning there with my husband because I wanted him to share my perfect experience.

• Stayed: October 2012