All reviewslocal restaurantsfinca el cerrillosecond visitpainting holidaywalking holidayhonesty barcarob treemalaga airportnothing is too much troublestunning viewsattention to detailmulti levelevening meals areswimming poolexceeded our expectationsexcellent foodfirst class
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the most fabulous hotel that you relax in from the second you arrive until the second you leave.

There isn't an inch of the Finca that doesn't exude peace, calm, luxury or first class hospitality. Gordon and Sue welcome you like long lost friends and you almost feel as if you are staying in their own home. Nothing is too much trouble and they go that extra mile to make your stay enjoyable and relaxed.

Gordon's artristy really shows in all of the little touches around the Finca but the Tree House is a treat not to be missed. Sitting there at night with the fairy lights on and a glass of sparkling rose in your hand is pure bliss.

The food is fantastic - far better than eating out in the local restaurants, which are all excellent I hasten to add. Christine is a wonderful cook and her husband David, an excellent host.

Do yourselves a favour and book a stay - you will never regret it and I guarantee, you will be back many times.

Room Tip: Every room is first class and individually decorated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We last visited the Finca in Oct 2013 through Headwater Holidays. We loved it so much, we wanted to come back for our Wedding anniversary so we booked direct. We were welcomed like old friends by Sue and Gordon (and Sybil, the hound!) and soon settled in to a week of blissful company, great walks and great food. A few weeks before, I asked if flowers could be put into the room for my wife. No trouble ....... and Sue and Gordon even added a card from all the staff! There were walks to some gorgeous hideaway places and we never felt we were walking with a group, but with our 'family' or friends. One day we just decided to chill out at the hotel and it was sublime relaxing under the shade of a carib tree, a relaxing swim in the pool which overlooks the valley, an intimate drink at Basils Bar next to the tree house, and when I played 'Perfect Day' on my iPod, it was just that - the perfect day! We'll definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: They're all good and individual. Just relax knowing you'll get a great room and a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a stunning hotel - more like a house party than a formal hotel. We were part of a walking party and the organisation was excellent but discreet. There were different groups and individual guests but a genuine feeling of ease and engagement.
The food is superb and it was a place to relax as well as walk, Although we came with an established walking holiday company, we would be very happy to book direct on another occasion. A trip to Granada was a lovely mid-week break from mountain walking. Our guide, Jenny, was excellent though others who did some easier walks were very impressed with Rose.
We shall be back.

Room Tip: Our room was, I think, number 2 which has a fab balcony on whioch to doze or have a drink. Its only slight 'downside' is that it is near the kitchen so there is a little noise early in the morning -hence the loss of one star for 'sleep'
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Travelled here with two friends on a multi level walking holiday . We booked direct with the hotel and arranged our own flights.
From the moment we booked, until we were transported to the airport for our homeward flight, Sue , Gordon and their staff excelled. The welcome we received was quite exceptional. We were picked up from the airport and on arrival at the finca, a lovely meal was served on the terrace and we gathered with fellow guests for introductions and to discuss the week ahead. Most fellow guests had returned year on year and most of them several times per year !!
I suggest that says it all...
The Finca is a stunning quirky place , with all rooms restored with individual themes.
We stayed in Room 5 , which was clean, spacious, tranquil , had a corner bath , and stunning views through the grounds and down the valley.
Christine continually delighted us with stunning meals , from breakfast to evening meals, prepared from local produce and with traditional Andalucian themes.
During the course of the week we also had several opportunities to dine in local tapas bars and restaurants, whilst getting a feel for local life in the white villages.
A range of daily walks were offered, by guides with excellent local knowledge, and geared to abilities/ health status.. a gentle meandre to more taxing adventures... with the option not to join the walk programme, rather to savour the tranquility of this peaceful sanctuary..... a heavenly experience, reading by the pool or in the one of the many shaded chill out zones within the grounds.
In summary, I would describe this as the most intimate and friendly place I have ever had the fortune to encounter..
The Finca offers an opportunity to spend time, forging new friendships with like minded people , and Sue , Gordon, Sybill ( the dog) and their team welcome you like family.
We will be back ... Dreams do come true

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently returned from a week at The Finca de Cerillo and had a wonderful holiday. I was given a warm welcome by Gordon and Sue and I soon realized that many of our group of 16 were old friend's having visited the Finca before. On our arrival, we were all served a delicious lunch, outside on the terrace. Our holiday had begun.
I have worked in the travel trade and I can say that this place is a 'real gem'. The mufti level walking is ideal as it gives you choices for each day. Sue and Gordon ran through the following day's option's of walks before dinner and we were able to choose our walk the night before. I have been on several walking holiday's in Europe with and this is by far the best.
I booked my 'Guided walking holiday' direct with the Finca and arranged my own flight's to Malaga. Our walking guide Jenni was great and made every walk fun and interesting. The food is superb, the Finca is welcoming and homely and nothing is too much trouble. Friend's were made and a reunion is already booked for 2015. Thank you to the Finca team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo