Open today: 17:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Fun times with friends

We did the ned Kelly room! Very well thought out! Very entertaining! Deffinetly made you think... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
dylano240
Cranbourne, Australia
via mobile
Awesome alternative to an afternoon of work!!

It was challenging but so much fun! Thankfully we are all still talking to each other at the end... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Stefanieswan
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Fitzroy
from US$49.83
More Info
from US$28.17
More Info
All reviews escape room medieval room attention to detail great puzzles an absolute blast group of friends ancient egypt egyptian room can't wait to come back snow queen solving puzzles lovely staff fun night bar area lots of fun tom challenging
Reviewed 19 August 2018

My friends and I did the Egyptian escape room yesterday and it was fantastic!! The night started off as stressful as we arrived 30 minutes late after getting stuck in some awful traffic. However, the lovely staff at The Mystery Rooms were so friendly and accommodating and allowed us to still have our full 60 minutes to complete the room. Even though we didn't finish (we were so close!!) we all had an absolute blast. I'm so glad I came here for my first escape room experience, and I look forward to having a crack at the other rooms. Thank you!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Took a group of nine 13-year-olds, who had an absolute blast doing the Medieval challenge. Terrific, well-run venue, with great atmosphere for kids and adults. Highly recommended. We will definitely be back.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We had a team event at the mystery rooms. I have to personally admit that I'm not the greatest on solving puzzles, but it wasn't just about me. It's how the team solves each puzzle as a whole that gets you there.

Great experience and would love to do this again with family or friends.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

My family and I have played over a hundred escape rooms in the US and a few around the world. The Mystery Rooms were amongst the very best we've seen. We played the Tomb on a Sunday night and really enjoyed the puzzles. My daughter is fan of all things Egyptian, so she helped make the pick. We were glad she did as we all really liked the unique setting of that room that incorporates sand and the rest of the venue including the bar area.

Josh was an excellent host before and after the game. We thought we couldn't play the rest of the rooms as they were closed on Monday and Tuesday, our last two days in Melbourne. Josh offered to come in on Tuesday midday, allowing us to do the medieval room and the climactic room against the snow queen. That's extraordinarily customer service from a really engaging fellow.

Both of those rooms are huge with great puzzles, excellent staging, and an unique system, different in each room, that allowed for clues/help to be given without disrupting the flow of the game.

I was truly impressed by the rooms and my entire family whole-heartedly recommends them as some of the best and most engaging in the world.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Forrest N
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My family and I all love escape rooms! We only discovered them a year ago and now we are hooked! After completing 20 or so in Sydney we thought we would make the most of the long weekend and venture to Melbourne to try out some different rooms. We discovered the Mystery Rooms on Tripadvisor and we knew we had to try all of the rooms! After checking via email that it was possible (thanks Tom!) we booked all 4 rooms in.

From the moment we arrived we were spellbound. The theming was incredible and so far all I had seen was the bar area and the briefing room!

Our adventures took us to Ancient Egypt, Medieval England, 1880's Victoria before we met with the Snow Queen in the final chapter. Excellent puzzles and fantastic theming again - across all 4 rooms. The way you receive hints is unique to each room and in keeping with the theme of the room. This was actually amazing and quite different to anything we had experienced before.

We managed to escape all 4 rooms - yay! We loved that there was so much to do in each room and we had to remember what we were supposed to be doing as we were so impressed with the attention to detail in all 4 of the rooms. We kept looking around and admiring it all when we were supposed to be solving the puzzles!

Josh, Rachel and Ashley were excellent hosts and game masters. Thank you for the warm welcome guys and for chatting to us all day about escape rooms in general. We loved every minute of it!

Date of experience: June 2018