“Great food, great vino & great people!”
Review of Ladro

Ladro
Ranked #45 of 319 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited this great Italian restaurant while on a work trip and the whole experience was fantastic, with close and attentive wait staff and delicious food we had a great time. I would recommend this place to the more relaxed diner who wants to enjoy the Italian way of life. The open kitchen provides entertainment and atmosphere. I will definitely be coming back soon.... Just need to catch a flight from NZ so maybe soonish!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went here on the recommendation of some locals and weren't disappointed. Loved the gnocchi with oxtail ragu! The patate pizza was authentic in its simplicity. We hadn't planned on having desert but weakened and enjoyed a stylish tiramisu. Staff were friendly and attentive but never overbearing. Looking forward to trying other parts of the menu when we are next in Melbourne.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our party of 16 had dinner here during the week.
We arrived 10 minutes early and we were told they dont open for another 10 minutes.
All we wanted was a drink as it was a hot day. We were left standing at the front of the restaurant for the whole 10 minutes. Bad service.

We had a set menu and nothing was that nice, except the calamari and the mushroom pizza.
The rest of the hot food was cold and the cold food wasnt!
I felt there was too much chilli used. It was on the pizza, in the pasta and on the side of veggies!
The pasta was not cooked through, not good!
The donuts for desert were stodgy but the icecream was nice.

Their wine menu wasnt good either, they only has 2 bottles of Sauvingnon Blanc left, how does that happen?

We had to ask the waitress to turn the lights on as we were stiing in darkness.
I wont be going back and spending my hard earned cash here!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The pizza was great here - nice base and fresh tasty toppings. Service was average if not a little pushy. I guess they aim to turnover as many tables as possible.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I'm very fussy when it comes to pizza, there is not a lot of places I can go and actually eat pizza and enjoy it, but I LOVE the pizza here. It can be a bit pricey but personally I think its worth it. I also find the service very friendly and helpful. I'd book in advance, every time we have been we have struggled to get a table but the staff have always been very helpful, I have never had a bad experience in all the times that I have been.