“AMAZING”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016

we came here as a special treat on our holiday and this place did not disappoint. WOW. This was truly the best meal i have ever tried. The tasting menu was to die for and i definitely recommend you trying this place out. Well done to everyone here, service was just as excellent as the food was. Fabulous!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank JonathanG4326
Write a reviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

The reviews all are correct. This restaurant deserves everyone of its 3 Michelin stars.

Located only 15 minutes from San Sebastián I arrived via taxi for my lunch reservation. Yes I was by myself but wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying a world class meal.

From the moment I exited the taxi I was greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. My waiter for the meal was friendly and yet impeccably professional.

I opted for the tasting menu and was please to be offered the chance to modify it. Not because I didn't want to try any course but more I had read the al la carte menu and really wanted to try a particular dish. I replaced the mullet with the lamb

I had the sommelier pair the meal with wines which were expertly described and enhanced the meal

The food is sublime. The service is impeccable and the location is beautiful.

Yes it is expensive but it is for special occasions and something you will remember forever. The best food I have ever eaten.

You must go

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The best meal we have ever had! What a fabulous experience from the moment we arrived and throughout the meal. The tasting menu was everything we expected and more. We were able to switch out oysters for a seabass alternative which was reflected on our personalized printed menu. All 12 dishes were delicious - our mouths were alive with so many distinct and different flavours. Congratulations to Martin for a great restaurant - unfortunately we didn't meet him on the night because he was opening another restaurant in Tenerife. Nevertheless we had a fabulous evening!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Hudson58
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We drove a rented car and was initially a bit lost as there was a local marathon on going - closing several streets.

We finally got there, there were plenty of private parking on the side of the restaurant.

The staff delivered good service. Ambiance was on a more formal side compared to other 3 Michelin stars around the area. The view was a garden view with farm lands on hills at a distance.

We dined with a toddler for lunch and they were very good at making accommodations to his meal as he had food allergies.

We enjoyed the great tasting menu and particularly liked the spring garden salad which was beautifully plated.

The food was top notch for creativity and a blend of all the flavours. We really enjoyed it and would return.

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank LondonD0ct0r
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

After reading through all the reviews we settled on Martin B as our Michelin star experience for our first trip to San Sebastián. We couldn't have been happier with out choice. The tasting menu was exceptional with so many highlights, service great and Martin came and met all the guests after service which was a real highlight. We eat out a lot and have been to a lot of great restaurants in London but for us this was the best and most memorable.

Date of visit: August 2015