OCEANO Hotel Health Spa
MC San Agustin(San Cristobal de La Laguna)
US$172
US$137
  • Restaurant
La Laguna Gran Hotel(San Cristobal de La Laguna)
US$126
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Laguna Nivaria Hotel & Spa(San Cristobal de La Laguna)
US$122
US$105
  • Restaurant
Atlantis Park Aparthotel(Punta del Hidalgo)
  • Pool
Laurisilva Apartments(Valle Gran Rey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea water poolpeaceful locationtransfer from the airporthidalgooceanagermanwellnessbalconybatteriestenerifeholiday
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I wanted to try the famous Mayr cure in this hotel and I was happy I did. I was especially amazed by the super-friendly staff of this hotel. Also as a Finn I really appreciated the newly renovated spa and sauna area, which had 2 different saunas, a far infrared sauna and a steam room. I liked the swimming pool that was actually sea water and not a traditional chlorinated pool. I also had a really nice room and beatiful view to the sea. My stay came to perfection with the great relaxing treatments by very professional and friendly spa staff. If you want a rejuvenation I recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pontus J
Julia K, Assistentin der Geschäftsführung at OCEANO Hotel Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Pontus J
Thank you very much for your positive review and for your recommendation! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at OCÉANO and your Mayr cure so much. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff and passed them on to our hotel- and spa-staff members. Our sauna has been renovated in 2012 and we are very happy to see that our guests enjoy the new facilities. The pool and also the whirlpool in the hotel garden are filled with seawater which is very much appreciated by our guests. Our spacious rooms and the unique view to the sea and the Teide volcano offer a nice atmosphere to relax and unwind.
We hope to welcome you again soon at OCÉANO!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Oceano is a lovely hotel in a beautiful and peaceful location. I booked the Ayurvedic package for 7 nights in a Granada suite through Spa in Spain (very helpful and informative agent). The room is spacious, very clean, had a fantastic view of the sea with a large balcony and also has a kitchenette (with hardly any cooking equipment so take your own if you want to go self catering - supermarket 5 mins uphill). The hotel offers a variety of exercise classes, excursions, hiking trips and even Spanish lessons across the week. Most of the exercise classes are 8am so not much chance of a lie in!

All of the guests I came across were German and the hotel does primarily cater for German guests but most of the info I required was available in English and I was able to get by without too much of a problem.

The spa area offers a wide range of treatments. The Ayurvedic package consisted of several treatments and a personal yoga lesson. The Ayurvedic consultation is a 5 minute discussion with a therapist to discuss any medical issues, I was rather disappointed to find that my treatments were not tailored to take account of these conditions and the therapist was not able to advise when asked of any herbs or spices that would be suitable for me. The spa did also not work out my 'Dosha' as advertised in their spa (written in German but I got the gist of it). The personal yoga lesson was also a generic routine not tailored to take account of problems I have with certain muscles and joints, I was hoping that the individual lesson would be individual to me. Despite not being tailored, the treatments are high quality and the yoga lessons were invigorating and relaxing.

The hotel also has a library and tv room which has free wifi- signal strength not always great. You can rent a wired broadband connection for your room, it would be great if these offered wifi for ipad users. A safe is provided free for a 15 euro deposit, tv in your room is also free, but you may have to request it if its not in your room already.

Transfers from south airport are 85 euros each way. A cheaper alternative is to use the titsa bus c. 9 euros. Bus 343 takes you directly to north airport in an hour, a taxi from there to oceano is c. 25 euros. 343 leaves once an hour. Alternatively take 111 to Santa Cruz, this takes an hour and buses depart every 30 mins. You can take 105 or 050 from there to Punta del Hidalgo which takes another hour (with waiting times). A taxi direct from Santa Cruz is c. 35 euros.

Oceano is great for anyone looking to relax in a high quality hotel in a quiet, unspoilt, non-touristy and beautiful location. I would go back again and have already recommended to friends.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank prit02
Julia K, Assistentin der Geschäftsführung at OCEANO Hotel Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear prit02,

thank you for your positive review and for spending your holidays at OCÉANO! Such detailed comments like yours are very helpful for those who are planning a stay at OCÉANO.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Ayurvedic package as well as our hotel-programme.

It is true that many of our guests are from the german-speaking area, but we give high importancy to provide all information english, spanish and german as the number of international guests is increasing more and more.

Thank you for your comments regarding the treatments in the Ayurvedic package and the yoga lessons. At OCÉANO an individual care of every guest and tailor-made treatments are an important part of our philosophy and we are very sorry that we could not satisfy your demands. We will work on the mentioned points to improve our services for further guests.

As you mentioned, it is correct, that we offer free WIFI in the library and in the TV-room. To keep radiation as low as possible, it is not intended to offer WIFI in the guest rooms.

We are glad that you recommended us to friends and would be very happy to welcome you soon again in Punta del Hidalgo!

Sunny greetings from the Atlantic coast,

Julia Kreppold

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Oceano and the associated Mayr medical center are a great place to unwind, relax and recharge your batteries. We came as a couple, with me doing the 7 day Mayr cure and my husband just relaxing. The medical care I received was excellent, thought through and balanced with treatments and massages to help relax. The food on the normal menu was imaginative and varied, the views are to die for and the hotel is very clean and well run. Even the biggest challenge - surviving on the Mayr diet- was possible due to the small but refreshing additions to the traditional menu. One week is really not enough if you are doing the cure and two weeks are a minimum.
A car is a must as the hotel is far from shops, bars etc. in a very nice but isolated location.
The catch is that it is designed and run for Germans only - English speakers would struggle not only to get the most of the activities on offer (yoga and Qi Gong courses, spanish lessons, evening talks etc.) but to get served in the first place. The only exception are the doctors but everyone else speaks either German or Spanish.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MayaB
Julia K, Assistentin der Geschäftsführung at OCEANO Hotel Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear MayaB,

thank you for spending your holidays with us and for your positive and detailed review. This gives us the chance to improve or maintain the quality of our services.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Mayr cure at OCÉANO!
As you already mentioned, we also highly recommend a minimum stay of 2 weeks if you are doing the cure. That will help you to achieve an effective and lasting result.

Thank you very much for your comment regarding the inhouse-communication for English speakers. We will work on this important issue and hope that you will enjoy an improved service during your next stay with us. Our weekly programme which is printed and handed out to our guests is available in Spanish, English and German. It lists all activities, courses and excursions that are offered.

We hope to welcome you again soon at OCÉANO!

Best regards from Tenerife,

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Hello,
We staid in March 2013 for the second time in this hotel (room 509). So here is the update.

Airport :
. 60 minutes from Airport Tenerife Sur and 20 minutes from Tenerife North
. Hertz in North Airport is very fine : you do not have to wait
. Avoid booking Goldcar : 1 hour waiting for the keys inside the south airport !!!

Hotel :
. German people 99% so daily papers and magazines in German (no English, no French)
To buy English or French Newspapers : Santa Cruz Plaza España - on the top in front of the "FARMACIA"
. Easy parking (inside the hotel or in front of the hotel)

.Restaurant
Breakfast included very fine (eggs, bacon,fruit...) from 8 to 10:30
Restaurant (about 25 euros) in the hotel
Fantastic restaurant COFRADIA de PESCADORES outside the hotel (5 minutes walking, no booking necessary, visa accepted, 15 euros for the best of the best !) : take the stairs to 'paseo maritimo/ piscina natural', turn left direction the port

Rooms
. Book via Govoyages or Expedia for best prices
(Mind there is a little hotel Oceano in Santa Cruz : do not make a confusion when booking)
"Barcelona" studios are fine, "Avila" studios are too small with no balcony
. All the Barcelona rooms are sea view.
From room 509, you see and ear the sea
. No toiletries (shampoo, creams...) in your bathroom, come with them in your luggage
'If you need any toiletries do not hesitate to ask for them" (written in the bathroom)
The spa (-1) sell THALGO products
. In your bathroom, 2 marine blue towels for the swimming pool/beach.

. Swimming pool
1 swimming pool outside : sea water 20m x 9 m, 26° Celcius, free deck chairs
1 swimming pool inside : spa 34° (too hot)
1 public swimming pool (too cold) in the sea PASEO MARITIMO : 'PISCINA NATURAL'

. Internet
Very very bad free wifi in the library 3° floor (better wifi by midnight)

. Smoking
No smoking at the balcony of your room
Smoking rooms : 2° 5° 10° floor
It is allowed to smoke at the Oceano restaurant terrace

. Doctor
I felt down in the street on saturday night. The hotel was very helpfull.
Clinica Vida (902313181) is a clinic open every day/sunday - 5 or 10 KMS from the hotel. I did not wait. They take photos of my foot and cure me so I have been able to take the plane back.

I hope you will have great holidays.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AntoineAmelie
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed at the Oceano Hotel last December for a Mayr cure. I truly had a beautiful stay. The Hotel is nice, all rooms have a perfect sea view, however it would be good to be in the ¨North¨ block, because then you can enjoy the sun a little longer in your balcony :-)

I loved the staff, they were very helpful! I saw some people complain about being at a ¨German¨ hotel. I did not experience it that way at all. True there are quit some Germans and the owners are half German, but all signing and all information in the room and in the restaurants is also in English, so I did not have problems at all. Also most staff spoke at least a bit of English, which was good for me...and hey aren´t we on holiday in Spain :-) I do not expect all staff to speak perfect English.

Dr Rolle was great, so were the therapists. The treatment in the floating Thalasso bed was my favourite. It made me so relaxed, that afterwards I slept like a baby!

Océano is a nice hotel, the rooms are good quality and very clean, the sea views one of the best I have ever seen, staff friendly, Mayr cure great. I am still enjoying the benefits of the cure!! I did quit some detox cures before, but with this one the benefits were most obvious!

I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: North Block rooms have more sun!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo