stayed here 5th til12th may. after reading some reviews i was a bit worried what to expect this what i found..
transfer times can be upto 2hrs so book a private transfer if you can, 35 mins from the airport!!
arrived in the early hours with a tired toddler,reception give my wife a room key straight away so he could get some rest while i checked in.i was then informed the restaurant was open all night with a buffet for us if we wanted,also the lobby bar was open 24hrs .
we had a junior suite booked which came with a safe and fridge but we didnt really use the fridge because of the 24 hr bar and its no problem taking the drinks from there up to your room.
the room wasnt too nice at first (707) so we changed to room 207 the next day..no problem.
this room had lovely views of the pool and resort..
the food was a bit hit and miss,premium meal was lovely and they really did up the terrace nicely but the downstairs evening buffet wasnt so good and the dining room is outdated compared to the rest of the bars and upstairs. we dined mostly upstairs on the terrace at night.
the pool area was where we spent our days and it was lovely.
the staff, well they make this place, special thanks to reception who were very helpful on many occasions and the lifeguard who tended my sons cut foot with speed and a smile.
the lifts are a bit well lets say they have a mind of there own so if your the type who's in and out of the room a lot go for a lower floor.
the animation team work hard and always have a smile.
pool police!!! yes they have one and he will remove your towels if you try to reserve a bed before 10 am.it was fun to watch in the morning
so all in all do your research maybe spend a little extra and you'll love it.. we did and one day would like to return..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taurito Princess near Puerto de Mogan is an all-inclusive hotel right by the beach. All 405 rooms and suites provide stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the bay of Taurito. Located in the south of Gran Canaria the hotel provides services and facilities for both couples and families with children. There are a total of three outdoor pools; 2 for children and a main swimming pool (heated in winter). The all-inclusive offer is available at 2 restaurants (both with live cooking stations) and 4 bars. Several times a week there are themed dinners at the main restaurant “Princess. In addition Taurito Princess guests may enjoy a mix of Italian and Asian dishes once during their stay; then when the La Choza visually and culinary turns into the “La Trattoria”. The daytime and evening entertainment guarantees fun for all ages. The smallest guests can look forward to mini-club, mini-disco and two children's pools (one pool with a giant, colourful dragon). The adults may choose from a whole range of sporting activities, such as tennis, squash, water aerobics and beach volleyball. Wi-Fi (extra charge) is available in the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Idiso Digital, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Taurito Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel Taurito
- Taurito Princess Gran Canaria
- Hotel Taurito Princess Gran Canaria