We wanted a week of relaxation by the sea and that's exactly what the Suite Princess delivered for us! It's fantastic that every room has a sea view and what a stunning sea view it is...the hotel faces towards Morgan and the sunset, which was just beautiful every single night we were there. We had one of the exec rooms on the top floor that comes with sunbeds on the huge balcony, bath robes and premium drinks as well as the beer, sangria, wine and soft drinks available. I can't comment on how this compare price wise to the other rooms as these were the only ones available when we booked. I can say however we felt happy with what we paid for what we got. The only slight (and it is very slight) difficulty with this option is that it didn't seem terribly easy to order bottles of wine at dinner as no one ever came to take our order. The first night we waited and eventually asked someone who then took another ten minutes to come over to us so at every other meal time we found it easier to help ourselves from the self-service wine options. As I say, it's a very small criticism and the only reason I brought my review down from excellent to very good...possibly a bit mean!
The pool area is lovely and there were always plenty of sunbeds available. Yes people do reserve them from early in the morning; I have no idea why as we never struggled to get a spot. The only thing I can think of is that for some people having those exact sunbeds is a really big deal? The sunset terrace at the far end is a great spot to sit and watch the sunset with a glass of wine, it was especially great on the nights when the hotel's resident guitar duo played as canapes and cava was served. Very chilled out!
More of the guitar duo, the Lone Pepper Duo - they are really, really good! Definitely a cut above the acts that often perform in hotels. Definitely adding to the ambience of the hotel.
The food is served buffet style and was excellent, very fresh and a wide selection at every meal.
All the staff were friendly and welcoming but for me absolutely the best thing about the hotel is the location...a path takes you directly to the beach and the sunset views compare with any in the world... if you're looking for a relaxing, sun-drenched break, it's a great choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suite Princess is a hotel for adults (16 years and above) who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation directly at the sea. The 4 star hotel is located in the sunny south of Gran Canaria, the picturesque Puerto de Mogán is just 4 km away. All rooms of the adults only hotel feature sea- or garden view. The Suite Princess in the bay of Taurito boasts two buffet restaurants, a theme restaurant and 3 bars. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Three times a week there are theme nights featuring food from Italy, Spain or the Canary Islands. The Gala Night offers international specialties. The entertainment programme not only includes sporting activities such as aerobics, aqua aerobics and archery but also culinary delights. Suite Princess guests may look forward to cooking classes (paella, tapas, mojo sauce), wine tasting, cocktail presentations, sunset sessions with cava and canapés and the weekly Black&White night. For those who just want to relax in their holidays may choose between sun-kissed or nice, shady spots in the pool landscape of the hotel. Jet Ski , parasailing, jetboat, flyboard or banana boat - Watersports fans are definitely spoiled for choice. One of Gran Canarias leading Watersports-Centre is located at Taurito Beach. Wi-Fi (chargeable) is available in the public areas of the Princess Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Suite Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Princess Hotel Taurito
- Suite Princess Grand Canary
- Hotel Suite Princess
- Suite Princess Taurito, Gran Canaria