We have just returned from a week at the Suite Princess. We upgraded to a Deluxe Suite and it was one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed in. The room was spacious with a comfy sofa in the lounge area, plenty of storage space and as it has been said, sun loungers on the balcony.
Having water supplied in the room was a huge bonus, it lasted all week and there were still bottles left unopened. The beds were comfy and we left the window open slightly at night so we could hear the sea.
My one complaint was the bathroom. There is a step up from the washbasin area to the bath and toilet which if not noticed could cause a nasty accident plus the bath has a shower screen which cannot be moved to turn taps on. I had to stand in the bath while I filled it so that the temperature was right. A bathmat was supplied but it kept slipping, this was maybe due to over zealous cleaning by the maid, we did have it changed after reporting it to reception but still encountered a problem so felt very insecure when using the bath. This was the only negative.
The room was kept spotless by our maid who made a point of keeping the place very tidy even to the point of putting our towels out on the loungers ready for use.
The whole hotel was kept immaculate and there were always plenty of staff around who were polite and did a brilliant job. Tables were cleared immediately and bar service was good.
There was a good choice of food in the restaurant and something to suit all tastes.
We didn't use the pool area but there were beds always available despite towels going out at 7.00 in the morning which seemed ridiculous to us.
Taurito itself is not very big and nightlife is confined to the hotels. As far as we could see there was only one restaurant and no bars to go to at night. So the resort would not suit everyone. We went to Mogan for the morning on the hotel courtesy bus and caught the local bus to Puerto Rico for another trip out.
There is a water park next to the hotel but we didn't experience any noise from it at all.
We had a room on the top floor and the sunsets were not too be missed.
All in all our expectations were met and we would certainly visit this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suite Princess is a hotel for adults (16 years and above) who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation directly at the sea. The 4 star hotel is located in the sunny south of Gran Canaria, the picturesque Puerto de Mogán is just 4 km away. All rooms of the adults only hotel feature sea- or garden view. The Suite Princess in the bay of Taurito boasts two buffet restaurants, a theme restaurant and 3 bars. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Three times a week there are theme nights featuring food from Italy, Spain or the Canary Islands. The Gala Night offers international specialties. The entertainment programme not only includes sporting activities such as aerobics, aqua aerobics and archery but also culinary delights. Suite Princess guests may look forward to cooking classes (paella, tapas, mojo sauce), wine tasting, cocktail presentations, sunset sessions with cava and canapés and the weekly Black&White night. For those who just want to relax in their holidays may choose between sun-kissed or nice, shady spots in the pool landscape of the hotel. Jet Ski , parasailing, jetboat, flyboard or banana boat - Watersports fans are definitely spoiled for choice. One of Gran Canarias leading Watersports-Centre is located at Taurito Beach. Wi-Fi (chargeable) is available in the public areas of the Princess Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suite Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Princess Hotel Taurito
- Suite Princess Grand Canary
- Hotel Suite Princess
- Suite Princess Taurito, Gran Canaria