Just back from 11 days of winter sun at this brilliant adults only, all inclusive hotel. We picked this hotel because of reviews we'd seen on Trip Advisor and we were so pleased we did.
All the rooms seemed to be junior suites and are very spacious. We were amazed at how many staff we saw cleaning and this was reflected in the high standard of cleanliness all around the hotel. The maid was efficent at cleaning our room and the towels in our room were changed most days. The hotel is built into the rockface which made it beautifully cool in the corridor areas whilst all the rooms have a sea view. The balconies are generous - plenty of space for sun beds and chairs/table (we could have paid extra to have 2 sunloungers on our balcony but we spent every day by the pool so we didn't take this option). There were plenty of lifts around the hotel and we saw one guest in a wheelchair - it seemed they'd be able to get around to most areas.
We spent all but one day by the hotel pool. Beach towels for using on the sun loungers are provided - you can change them in the hotel shop at a charge of 1.50 euros per towel (eco tax) but as there are towel rails on the balcony to hang them on to dry after use, we didn't need to change ours.
The activities were varied - I did aquarobics plus I had a go at Tai Chi. The hotel is adults only and whilst we love children, it was great not to have to listen to other people's children during our holiday (most people were around our age - we're early 50's/late 40's), plus the gentle music heard around the pool was soothing rather than loud and annoying.
Great choice of food and plenty of it - I tend to want lots of salads and fresh fruit when on holiday and my husband loves seafood - there was lots for us to choose from.
We heard a couple of people moan about the dark coloured sand on the beach. But seeing as the island was volcanic, it's to be expected that the sand is the same dark colour of the rock.
We definitely would go back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suite Princess is a hotel for adults (16 years and above) who want to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation directly at the sea. The 4 star hotel is located in the sunny south of Gran Canaria, the picturesque Puerto de Mogán is just 4 km away. All rooms of the adults only hotel feature sea- or garden view. The Suite Princess in the bay of Taurito boasts two buffet restaurants, a theme restaurant and 3 bars. The main restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Three times a week there are theme nights featuring food from Italy, Spain or the Canary Islands. The Gala Night offers international specialties. The entertainment programme not only includes sporting activities such as aerobics, aqua aerobics and archery but also culinary delights. Suite Princess guests may look forward to cooking classes (paella, tapas, mojo sauce), wine tasting, cocktail presentations, sunset sessions with cava and canapés and the weekly Black&White night. For those who just want to relax in their holidays may choose between sun-kissed or nice, shady spots in the pool landscape of the hotel. Jet Ski , parasailing, jetboat, flyboard or banana boat - Watersports fans are definitely spoiled for choice. One of Gran Canarias leading Watersports-Centre is located at Taurito Beach. Wi-Fi (chargeable) is available in the public areas of the Princess Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Suite Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Princess Hotel Taurito
- Suite Princess Grand Canary
- Hotel Suite Princess
- Suite Princess Taurito, Gran Canaria