We have stayed here before, about 8 years ago, and as such booked a last minute getaway for 11 nights at the end of March because we knew what we were going to get. A good relaxing stay with guaranteed sunshine and warmth in close proximity to Peurto Mogan, one of the prettiest and most unspoilt towns in Gran Canaria. We had planned 10 nights but found booking 11 with First Choice was nearly £300 cheaper ?? (Probably avoiding a weekend flight). We paid £550 pp all inclusive flying from Gatwick so considered this very good value. Especially having met someone who paid £1200 pp for a fortnight. So shop around if your flexible on dates.
The hotel is arranged in four blocks, each of four floors stacked up against the west facing cliff of Taurito. So everyone gets a sea view looking over to the port of Mogan, and the opportunity of some stunning sunsets. The arrangement of the blocks means there are series of lifts steps and walkways to get about. The hotel was clean, the rooms fine with good sized balconies, shower and bath, a safe and good sized wardrobe. No fridge (you could pay extra if you wanted one) and no coffee facilities in the room, but being all inclusive there really wasn't any need for these.
The main pool was heated and was clean and well maintained with very shallow slope to one end, ideal for those with small kids. The adult pool on a higher level is not heated and is freezing.
There were people from every part of Europe staying here.
We found the food here perfectly ok. There was plenty of choice in the international buffet and a section were the chef was cooking two or three fresh dishes in front of you. They even had a regular carvery section. Unlike a previous review there were vegetarian options everyday. There was the odd grumble from other guests about food but none of them were starving. This is a standard hotel international buffet catering for several hundred guests, and they tend to be similar the world over. Wine and beer were on tap and of reasonable quality.
Plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner but very poor quality snack food at the pool restaurant. Hotdogs and hamburgers left under a hot lamp so the buns just became crispy and dry.
We found the one hours professional evening entertainment was actually of a good variety and standard throughout the stay, but then let down by the animation teams poor attempt to get a disco going. The bar served alcohol that was perfectly fine, you have to pay for branded drinks, but you could try a variety until you found a tipple to your satisfaction. Their cheap label baileys seemed to be popular.
The staff were all excellent.
We took regular trips to Peurto Mogan, a local bus goes about every twenty minutes €1.40 each way, €8 by taxi or there is the free hotel bus that goes at 9am. It is a beautiful town with good restaurants, lovely colonial buildings covered in bougainvillea. It is a very civilised town promotionally known as "little Venice" and wonderful by day or night, occasionally having a jazz band or solo artist in the bandstand in the square. As usual I am often surprised how some people come on holiday and never leave the hotel complex. In town you can get a ferry every half an hour along the coast to Peurto Rico, take the submarine for a 45 minute trip to see a wreck, it's perfectly safe and not claustrophobic, you don't really see a great deal but fish, sand and twisted metal but at least you can tick something off your bucket list! There is a busy market each Friday, loads of stalls and thousands of visitors.
There are a choice of excursions with either your rep or the hotel can organise. We took the day long luxury trip up to the mountains to see the real Gran Canaria which was an amazing trip up winding roads to 1700metres where there are cool pine forests and small hamlets with stunning views, well worth the €61 pp.
There is also a regular free hotel shuttle bus to the beach below us at Taurito and access to the hotels inclusive beach bar.
With this hotel if you are expecting a high end luxurious stay you will be disappointed, but if your looking for a good clean comfortable, uncomplicated and relaxing holiday, with nice pool, stunning sea views and mature atmosphere you won't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic sunsets guaranteed! Located in the valley of Taurito the Mogán Princess offers breathtaking views over the Atlantic and the neighbouring Puerto de Mogán. The 4 star all inclusive hotel in the south of Gran Canaria has three outdoor pools: a main pool (heated in winter), a children's pool and a panoramic swimming pool (only for adults). The all-inclusive offer of Mogan Princess is valid at the buffet restaurant "Princess" the snack-bar "La Choza", the hotel's own Beach Club and 2 bars. Several times a day there is a free shuttle bus down the Beach Club, situated directly at Taurito beach. The hotels entertainment programme includes - next to sporting activities such as Water Aerobis or table tennis - daily shows in the Disco-Bar. WI-FI (€) is available in the Lobby of the Mogán Princess. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Onthebeach, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mogan Princess & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mogan Princess Aparthotel Hotel Taurito
- Mogan Princess Aparthotel Grand Canary
- Mogan Princess & Beach Club Taurito, Gran Canaria