Playitas Aparthotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Bouganville(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Hotel Elba Palace Golf(Caleta de Fuste)
View Hotel
Hotel Elba Sara(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsactive holidayhalf boardsporting facilitiesocean viewactive familykids clubapartment hotelpool bar foodbuffet restaurantthe resort offersself cateringbreakfast and dinnerbeds were comfortableolympic poolgreat facilitiesspent a weektable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in a 1 room apartment 23-30 December 2012, just as we did last year as well. We were two adults with 2 kids in age 8 and 10. Those apartments are sufficient in size as most of the time on PlayItas is spent outdoors in different sport and recreation activities. The kitchen is simple with two plates, fridge and minimal kitchen equipment (some things you need to bring with you like cloths, dishtowels, cheeseknive, a knive etc). We submitted 1 page long list with improvement suggestions on upon our departure.

The beds are ok, no luxury but no back breakers either. Cleaning is on daily basis and rooms are generally clean and in good shape. We bought breakfast only at the buffet and made our (simple) meals in the apartment at dinner but supplied with light snacks in apartment as well during day. A tip: go as first thing with taxi (<10 min, ca 8-10 Euro) to Gran Tarajal to shop in one of the two supermarkets to stock up on water and food as the prices are much higher in the local resort shop.
We dined two times at our favorite restaurant, Panna & Pomodoro, by the seaside in Gran Tarajal and that is highly recommended for admirers of Italian pizzas and not the least the ice cream.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank finnurgeir
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This place is brilliant if you want an active holiday. We stayed in the aparthotel which was very clean and comfortable (great to have a safe in the room as well). The hotel and villas may offer a little more luxury if you are after this. We however spent most of our time out of the room because of all of the things to do - Great range of classes, and facilities, some which were included in the price, whereas some cost. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Definately an active resort, we were there and was fully booked up for 'aerobics week', yet despite being full, the resort is so extensive it didn't feel busy - just perfect. Definately will be going back.

The resort does have wifi but costs, 7 euro a day I think! It was cheaper to use my international roaming.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I brought my family here for a week in August. Our room was bright and clean. The service is good and the list of sports and classes they offer here is vast. We sampled some; Zumba coming out on top for fun and getting the blood flowing. We all hired bikes and spent some lovely days stopping and admiring the local landscapes. The food here was middle of the road but fine for us. The beach is a short walk around the rear of the hotel and is safe for children, nice to totally unwind. Had a good mix of excercising and relaxing on this break. Would return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Terri810
Reviewed 25 July 2012

What can I say? Me and my wife got a good deal on this place and spent 5 lovely days without our little one. Excellent facilities and a lot of choice when it comes to sports: wife enjoyed yoga, while i was burning fat while spinning! Spa is great too. On the downside is the food. We normally spend our holidays in the Algarve and we find the food much better in Portugal. (but we were on a diet anyway). No wifi available is a negative too. Overall we enjoyed the hotel and would not hesitate in coming back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommyboy1970
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Play Itas is a place to visit if you want to exercise and relax. If you prefer a lazy holiday with late nights and plenty of restaurants try something else.

My stay at Play Itas was mostly very good and I will come back. What this place lack is WI-FI. In Scandinavia almost everybody uses an Ipad, Ipod touch(I do.), Iphone, tablet(I do.) or smartphone. I do not know how people can manage without Spotify. We are online 24/7. To my next stay I hope that it will be posssible to use my tablet and Ipod with WI-FI! When you have an tablet or Ipad, it does not matter that the menu with tv-channels is lousy, because you have hundreds of tv-channels on your Ipad or tablet.

The room at the apartment was very good, with a tasty bathroom with both shower and bath tub. The kitchen was ok, but you cannot bake bread there or make a pizza. The room is equiped with many electric outlets. The bed was good, but I do not understand why they construct the apartment with two levels. It is not suited to people with a walking handicap. It was very quiet and that is important if you want a relaxing holiday.

But except the lack of WI-FI and the food Play Itas is an place I will recommend to people who want to have an active holiday. The spa was very good and I got some really brutal, but good massages that I strongly needed. One hour after a massage you feel like flying.

Everything is new and in prestine condition. In the 50 meter swimmingpool you can do some serious training, but we aware of the strong sun. The gym has all kinds of equipment you need to do a hard work out. And you can do golfing, cykling, tennis, spinning, steping, stretching, badminton, basketball, volleyball, jogging, minigolf and so on. The children you can park in the childrens club.

The staf at the Apartment was very professional. A problem with the safe and problem with my door card was fixed in less than 10 minutes. You can use the door card as a credit card, which can lead to a big tab when you leave.

My biggest consern is the food and availability to healthy food. When you travel to a health resort, good, healthy, nutrisious food is essential. At the hotel buffet most of the food was not especially healthy, but you could find some fruit and vegetables. An english breakfast is definetely not the best way to start a day with many work outs. In the evening you could eat at the bodega, but is ending the day with a meal containing 2000 calories smart? Next time I get there I will travel to the nearest town to buy my own food. The local shop had plenty of liquor, but was very restricted with vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and so on. I visited the place to get in a better shape and that includes healthy food. A crossover restaurant with different kitchens could spark up the place.

Room Tip: Higher room better view. Less small bugs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo