We were recommended to sample lunch here by a lady in Moreton-on-Marsh where we were not all that impressed by what was on offer. How right she was! We had a great lunch, two of us having mussels and one salt beef and served by attentive, happy and delightful staff. We felt very welcome from the moment we entered and, after the second and third rate establishments we are sadly used to in Cornwall where we live, it was so exciting and totally refreshing to find something of excellence.
After our visit to Sezincote we decided to return on this very hot day for some liquid refreshment and were tempted to stay for supper. We managed to get a table in the garden again on what was a stunning evening. We had a simply delicious meal. I ate Cornish plaice which was better than I'd eaten at Rick Stein's in Padstow and for a third of the price! My partner had the poussins and my mother the wonderful burger. This place is fantastic and we're immensely impressed. We would love to have such a quality establishment local to us in Falmouth but sadly we are too often ripped off, not valued as customers and subject to the substandard "tourist" fayre at highly inflated prices.
The staff were so responsive and, on the hottest of days continued to appear enthusiastic and happy to serve. It was one of the best experiences of eating out in UK that we've had, if not the best! Thanks for a simply delicious meal. The vegetable selection of sweet young carrots and beautifully tender runner beans was a delight. The "frites" were gorgeous and the desserts of summer pudding, apple and gooseberry flapjack crumble and selection of cheeses were first class and accompanied by coffee one could actually taste and the signature homemade nougat.
We can't thank you enough. Absolutely fantastic experience, wonderful value for money and you've added to our love of the Cotswolds. Excellent attention to detail in every aspect, beautiful garden, idyllic setting and surely the quintessential Cotswolds and middle England experience - brilliant and thank you so much. Faultless experience and we just love you! So many places in Cornwall could learn so much from you...thanks to the lady we met in Moreton-in-Marsh for this wonderful recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With all the laidback charm of a true Cotswolds country pub, at the Horse and Groom we pride ourselves on our friendly service, award-winning food and drink and sumptuous B&B accommodation in individually styled bedrooms. Located in the heart of Bourton on the Hill, here you can retreat for a leisurely meal, stop by for a drink and stay over for a relaxing break. Our light and airy bar is well stocked with real ales and wines and the beautifully restored dining room, with its log fire blazing in the winter makes a welcoming setting in which to enjoy our exquisite classic British cuisine with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Horse and Groom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse & Groom Hotel Bourton-On-The-Hill
- Horse And Groom Bourton-On-The-Hill, Cotswolds