We are regular visitors to the Cotswolds and have stayed in a variety of pubs, hotels etc. in the area and for this visit we picked the Horse and Groom - and very pleased we did so. The room (a large double) was indeed large with an extremely comfy king size bed, good size bathroom and a variety of nice little extras - fresh milk for tea & coffee, home made flapjack (amazingly good) and freeview TV. Everywhere was immaculately clean. Although the hotel was on a main road, there was no traffic noise and the only possible criticism I could level is that parking can be a challenge as the car park is not big enough to match the popularity of the restaurant (which they are trying to do something about) so be prepared to double park at times.
The restaurant in the pub is excellent - very top end gastro pub. The menu is relatively short - about 6 choices at each course and regularly changes during the course of the evening. if you want to eat in the pub, make sure you book - this place has an excellent and derserved reputation and gets booked up fast. We ate in the restauant both nights and loved it - the chef can seriously cook!! On top of that, the welcome was friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Bourton on the Hill isn't as attactive as some of the other villages we have stayed in but the welcome at the Horse and Groom and the overall experience more than makes up for it and I certainly hope that this will be a regular haunt in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With all the laidback charm of a true Cotswolds country pub, at the Horse and Groom we pride ourselves on our friendly service, award-winning food and drink and sumptuous B&B accommodation in individually styled bedrooms. Located in the heart of Bourton on the Hill, here you can retreat for a leisurely meal, stop by for a drink and stay over for a relaxing break. Our light and airy bar is well stocked with real ales and wines and the beautifully restored dining room, with its log fire blazing in the winter makes a welcoming setting in which to enjoy our exquisite classic British cuisine with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Horse and Groom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse & Groom Hotel Bourton-On-The-Hill
- Horse And Groom Bourton-On-The-Hill, Cotswolds