My husband and I stayed in the Deluxe Room at the Horse and Groom for three nights 24/9-26/9 inclusive on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast package. It wasn't just good - it was sensational!!
Tom and I had chatted via email and one telephone call in the months leading up to our departure from Australia and he was so friendly and helpful that I knew I had found our special place in The Cotswolds. We wanted somewhere that (a) offered parking as we had a hire car, and (b) was central enough to all the sights for us to do the day trips we had planned with our Ordinance Survey map (this map was fabulous and I highly recommend a pre-purchase of one to plan out your route). Of course we also wanted spacious, comfortable rooms with a generous bathroom plus dining options.
The Horse and Groom exceeded my expectations. The room was to die for (high ceilings, big comfy bed, flat screen TV, window seat and big window that opened!), the bathroom was heaven (bath was put to good use soaking tired muscles), and the food was amazing. After a full day out on the road - knowing we were coming "home" to an ale and a Pimms (or two) in the bar followed by a gourmet treat in the dining room, made us feel all warm inside!! Tom's kindness, and not forgetting all the friendly, fabulous staff, made this accommodation option a winner. Check out their website and read the blackboard menu - you'll see what I mean!
Look at the location of this charming village (which by the way does have a small garage further up the hill where you can buy newspapers etc), and if it suits your itinerary then you MUST stay here. If it doesn't suit your itinerary - change your itinerary!! Exceptional value for money - thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With all the laidback charm of a true Cotswolds country pub, at the Horse and Groom we pride ourselves on our friendly service, award-winning food and drink and sumptuous B&B accommodation in individually styled bedrooms. Located in the heart of Bourton on the Hill, here you can retreat for a leisurely meal, stop by for a drink and stay over for a relaxing break. Our light and airy bar is well stocked with real ales and wines and the beautifully restored dining room, with its log fire blazing in the winter makes a welcoming setting in which to enjoy our exquisite classic British cuisine with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Horse and Groom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse & Groom Hotel Bourton-On-The-Hill
- Horse And Groom Bourton-On-The-Hill, Cotswolds