“dissappo” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Megalong Valley Farm

Megalong Valley Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: An exclusive 2000 acre private estate wilderness Horse Riding Lodge set in the heart of the Blue Mountains 2 hours from Sydney. Operating for the past 22 years providing unique experiences such as wilderness getaways, horse riding, bushwalking, cycling and food adventures.
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“dissappo”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

when we reached katoomba the hotel owner advised us to take caution as the farm had been under review by council and rspca
he advised to go earlier to have a look and have a ride to feel comfortable with the horse before yhe ride
we got there early and our ride was delayed by 45 minutes , there was 12 in our group with mix of riders
the ride was slow through the forest one rider was very ammateur and she wasin the middle of the pack and because of that we didnt get a chance to trot properly so was a slow ride
she was riding with ballet flats hmm
on top of all this my partners horse's horse shoe was half off and they still made him ride it he was cautioned whilst cantering we felt bad for the horse that he rode was in pain whilst riding
we were booked for a private picnic for two also but was not private it was back on the farm with others that had booked the picnic also
I got this as a gift thru red balloon im surprised that they dont check their experience providers

Visited April 2013
5 Thank fraz09

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A nice retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

A surprise overnight trip to the Valley and the farm provided a nice and relaxing environment. Jen, who met us on our arrival was friendly and hospitable. We went on a 2 hour ride the following morning and got horses that made the experience a comfortable one. It was definitely a pleasant retreat away from the city.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank LatzLing
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 1 night and we were thinking to ourselves that once we had the 2 hour horse ride finished, that the day would drag. How wrong were we!

The rooms were beautifully decorated, with horses roaming around the farm. It is a beautiful place in the heart of megalong. We found he staff to be very pleasant who told us about little hidden gems to go see.

Would Truelly recommend it for couples or families.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank AishlingByrne1
Rockdale, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Riding Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We went riding there over the long weekend and found this place to be extremely professionally run with a great range of horses to choose from. My wife was very nervous but the guides were patient and got her a horse called Tammy which was nice and slow for her. I got Annie which was a great stockhorse since I am an experienced rider but we went slow for my wife. They let me have a canter though at the end of the ride which I appreciated. Since it was at the end of the school holidays most of the horses were middle range for beginners, but I was happy that my wife enjoyed her ride with confidence and safety in mind. They have riders expectation forms at the end of each ride so they appear to care about their operation. You can ask for the same horse next time you ride. I would definately go back and hope to stay as this property is really beautiful and well laid out.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Was incredibly disappointed and won't be returning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I'm an experienced rider myself and only had the one hour ride option. I found there to be very minimal tuition for the beginners on the ride I went on a very small amount of communication also. The scenery wasn't anything flash (although was told the rides that go for thee to all day are much better) I was given a horse which seemed to want to follow constantly and there was no chance of going past a plod in the group which was rather frustrating after driving for over an hour to get there and paying 50 dollars.
The horses have shiney coats but most of them are over weight with very poor feet quality all horses were almost falling asleep on the ride and every horse tripped over even the smallest of sticks.
All tack was fitted very poorly and when trying to figure out what to do for my daughter to have a pony ride I was met wi very little words and grumbles with vague arm gestures.
I found it a waste of money and won't be going back.
For a beginner rider it's probably not that bad though. However for me I was so disappointed.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Reneigh B
Informed022, Owner at Megalong Valley Farm, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
In response to your experience. . We are sorry, we don’t go out of our way to provide a disappointing experience, we endeavor in every possible effort to earn accolades.
We had advised that during the school holidays, many children wish to ride and the rides are geared toward their safety and enjoyable outing. We have a selection of quiet sedate horses just for that purpose and the more robust horses for more experienced riders. Our longer rides extend further into the spectacular valley which has captivated many thousands of riders over the past twenty years. We are a specialty centre with unique components and cater to not only riders, but to a great and varied client base from home and overseas media markets who demand top horses and equipment for their filming needs.