After an exhausting but very interesting divetrip to Komodo/Flores, me and my friends (5 pax: 2 female, 3 male) took the decision to spend 1 more week for diving, relaxing and sightseeing on Bali and decided to stay @ Padadang Bai. In "Padang Bai Beach Resort".
My "overall" rating: A very good resort to stay! Friendly people, good service. Reasonable prices.
More detail following now and here:
Airport transfer (PickUp was included in our package, RoundTrip: 10 USD):
Arrival: As I/we forgot to inform the resort, that 1. our flight number was changed by Lion Air and 2. our flight was delayed (2,5H), the driver had to wait for us 1/2Day @ Denpasar Airport. Still friendly, helpful! Not annoyed at all.
Departure: Comfortable transport to the airport w/ sufficient time left to find the CheckIn desk, etc.
Resort: Nice, friendly & service oriented staff and management welcoming us. CheckIn (Accomodation/Diving) was done within a few minutes. Short Briefing (Resort/Diving/Surrounding) as well. After 15-30min I was already having a refreshing bath in the pool, enjoying a cold draft beer at Buddha Bar (...still laying in the pool... :) ). My room (booked a 2-bed Room for 1 person) was located on ground floor. Clean, big, nicely furnitured, stony tiled floor. TV, MiniBar, AirCon, Safe, towels, water and tea facility on the room.
Clean, tiled bathroom with shower. C/W water (soap, shower gel, moisturizer).
--- Enhanced comfort! Room was cleaned daily.
Our ladies had a room on 1st floor. Nice view above the neighborhood. But as the room has a tin-roof, it what was quite noisy at nightime when it was raining...
Restaurant/Buddha Bar: Nice, friendly & service oriented staff. I normally had breakfast only (fresh baked roles and bread, several kinds of eggs, warm local food as well), Coffee, tea, fresh juice.
--- Good quality.
2 friends of mine had also dinner every night. Both were always convinced about quality, taste and quantity.
Only negative point: Restaurant, Bar and MiniBar has to be payed on a separate bill. CreditCard was not accepted!
Diving: Dive Shop (Absolute Scuba Diving) is integrated in the resort. Padang Bai has lots of really beautiful dive sites (7 divesites in 5-10 min distance, some more nearby). Nusa Penida (by speed boat) and Tulamben/USS Liberty (by car) was done as a (1/2-1)daytrip.
Our dive master was very experienced, taking care for the group, did a good briefing and knew how to find the special & rare sea creatures... :) The second dive guide's experience shows room for improvement (we missed some special things @ Tulamben unfortunately -- but this is a reason to return... :) ). Service on the dive boat was good. Towels, water, coffee, tea on board. A bit more room (to move, take on the gear, etc.) would have been appreciated, but it was ok finally. Rental gear didn't give best impression to me.
Sightseeing: We booked a car w/ driver for reasonably price and did 2 full day trips visiting a number of beautiful locations (still a big number left to be vistited). Picked up and dropped at the resort. We discussed the daily route with the driver and he was felxible to accept short termed changes "on the fly".
Padang Bai-Surrounding: Nice small village/city with a good infrastructure level. Not too noisy. Enough restaurants and bars over the place. Food(etc)-market twice a week (walkable distance from the resort).
I will return to Bali in Sept 2014 and will most probably choose Padang Bai Beach Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Padangbai Beach Resort is devoted to providing excellent facilities and amenities to divers and travelers such as free, high speed internet, luxurious mattresses with duvet bedding, A/C and hot water showers with individual heaters in all the rooms. Our resort has an onsite spa and a cozy restaurant with an authentic Italian wood-fired pizza oven which serves an excellent breakfast buffet with freshly baked buns and croissants in the morning (in high season), choice of eggs cooked to preference, cereals, choice of coffee or teas, fresh fruits and juices, as well as Asian cuisine. We also have a pool bar for those wanting to relax while sipping some delicious cocktail drinks. We speak English, Indonesian, German, Dutch and French. Come and relax with us at Padang Bai Beach Resort, where comfort, natural beauty and tradition combine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padang Bai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padang Bai Beach Bungalows Hotel Padangbai
- Padang Bai Beach Resort Padangbai, Bali