“Micro & Macro dives”

Absolute Scuba Bali
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Padangbai
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Scuba is Padang Bai's only National Geographic Dive Center. With our own 3 metre deep purpose built diver training pool, air conditioned classroom, accommodation and restaurant all at one location, you will find your dive vacation relaxing and enjoyable, whether you choose to continue your dive education or just do some 'fun dives'.We teach all PADI dive courses, up to and including Instructor training.With a dive ratio of 4 divers to every dive guide, you can enjoy safe diving practices and guest comfort.Your dive safety is our priority. Nitrox for free for all EAN certified divers and very convenient combinations of Stay & Dive packages. Our Instructors speak Indonesian, English, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian and French.
Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Micro & Macro dives”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was a great experience to see small lovely fishes and huge mantas but most of all I will remember the professional team at the diving center and the helpful and smiley crew. Many thanks I had a beautiful holiday!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MSE40

• Thai first
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time. Will come back again.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I must admit that before our trip, I had saw the unfavourable comments made about Eka, which made me a bit worried given that the sea is rough and unpredictable and nobody wants a dive master who isn't attentive to your needs. Being in the tourism business, I also understand that sometimes a mountain can be made out of a simple misunderstanding (molehill). So we went there with an open mind, despite having initially asked for a different dive master but eventually decided that we are ok with any dive master as long as our safety is a priority!

We had Eka on our last day of diving and I must say he was really good and nothing at all as described by msc1803. Felt at ease with him, he was friendly and easy going. He was v thorough and forthcoming too (he told one diver - who was normally the first to run out of air - in our group that because of the rough sea at Mimpang, he probably would not be able to handle him hanging on his octopus so the said diver should stay close to the assistant DM). Other than Eka, we were very happy with Mohamed. He was informative and v. cheerful. I enjoyed myself thoroughly despite failing to see the Mola Mola!

I hope to return, soon if not later. The food was great, the ppl were friendly. Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank gimbadik
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thanks Absolute ,thanks eka”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just read the stupid former review, which took place about the time I was there couldn't agree LESS...there are always two sides to every story, and we've not heard the other. For myself, I have been diving forever (over 550 logged), around the world, and have encountered every dive center type imaginable. The 6 days of diving I had with Absolute were good, but what made it for me were the management and the staff. I had a great time with them,,

and eka, our dive master, his very good,,he show us almost everything about marine life,,
good explanation before and after dive ,,relax dive and we really enjoy our dive,,,!!!
was really good dive,,!!

Only stupid people say diving with eka or Absolute scuba bali is disappointing dives,!!!

Thanks For Absolute scuba Bali,,We will come back soon....

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Allan M
Nuremberg
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointing dives, hotel OK”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We dived 17 times with Absolute Scuba at the end of August 2013.
All in all it was quite different from what we expected from reading
other reviews and we were very disappointed.

Our points of criticism are:
* misleading terms of the dive package (e.g. is the night dive included?
when exactly is lunch applicable? - in fact ist wasn´t unless you had three dives a day... but that wasn´t mentioned before)
* no briefing in the base e.g. with a schematic map, just a quick one on
the boat and that was often done quite sloppy ("We go down and swim
around.")
* guide often touched the corals with bare hands and teased marine
animals until we told him to stop
* no fish signs when pointing out interesting creatures under water
* guides some times seemed disoriented under water, which irritated us,
because it was unclear, what is going on (Are we waiting for something?
Is there a problem? Why are we swimming so fast and slow down suddenly? What´s the reason to swimm right against the current?)
* guides didn`t seemed to be interested to show us many things under
water but rather swam by them
* bad planning of dives (e.g. swimming with the current in the beginning
and against the current in the end of a dive, missing tools to adjust
tank valve, aborting dive if any of the group is below 50 bar, which is rather annoying, if a group is not built by checking each persons skills and/ or air consumption, so a dive can take only 35 min while there is more than 120 bar left in your tank)
* bad communication between hotel management and dive instructors (e.g.
about the distribution of multiple dives)
* unreliable organisation (e.g. at first agree to handing out 15l tanks to some divers
but shortly after the dive it suddenly wasn´t possible any more; if you don´t keep on asking "what´s the plan for todays-divesites" you won´t know where you´re going to unless you have arived at the divespot in the worst case; strange enough they combine the first dive at a distant divesite with a secons one more close by, because you always have to pay the highest extra fee.... instead of diving twice at a divesite for $30 extra and planing two dives at the other location for $20 extra another day)
* no debriefing after the dive - in fact everybody disappears rather quick after arriving at the diveshop
* we´ve been told it takes only half a day to dry all your equipment as they couldn´t arrange a night dive earlier

Most of our dives we had with Eka and the others with Indra (who is
really a great guy and it was fun diving with him because we seemed to
know what he was doing, so most of our concerns do not apply to him).
We tried to talk with Eka directly to address our issues, but he ignored
most of them. After we had a feedback talk with the hotel management he
ignored us completely.

Our solution was to get out of the dive package as quickly as possible
and look for another dive base. Luckily Waterworx is the direct
neighbour to Absolute Scuba!
They really saved our holiday because diving with Absolute Scuba was
neither relaxing nor enjoyable most of the time.
So we clearly recommend to go to Waterworx or try an other dive base
instead.
The hotel connected to Absolute Scuba, Padang Bai Beach Resort, is quite
nice though.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank msc1803
pbbr, General Manager at Absolute Scuba Bali, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
The above response says it all... After all, if everyone gives us good 4 stars or 5 stars and you are the ONLY ones who were not happy...well, I would consider the problem under a totally different angle... No comment for the cheap commercial in favor of another (very good, by the way, I agree with you) Divng Operator which I'm sure is totally unaware of the "favor" you made them....
Should end by saying something nice like "...give us another chance" but really...no, please just don't come back diving with us.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolute ly fantastic”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had not dived for 30 years - I went to Absolute Scuba and took a refresher course. The staff went out of their way to accomodate an aged diver . The refresher course took 1 day and included an open water dive. Over the next week I was treated to an increrdiibe series of dives with very experienced and patient instructors.
The equipment supplied was top notch - they even found a wet suite that could accomodate my large frame. Each day the gear was cleaned, dried and ready for the first dive of the day. No way could I complain of the service.
I stayed in one of the gardedn bungalows - bloody fantastic.
Food and drinks at the Budda Bar & Restraunt were first class - again it would be hard to find fault.
Definitely recommend the resort - will be going again

Peter M