“4 Fun 4 Passion 4 Adventure 4 Dreams Come True!”
Review of 4Fundiving-Bali

4Fundiving-Bali
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Padangbai
More attraction details
Owner description: Swiss owned dive center. We offer individual, ecological adjusted diving in small groups with maximum 4 divers to one divemaster or instructor. Relaxed learning without pressure of time for all SSI and PADI dive courses. Our dive equipment is new: dive jackets with integrated weights pockets and all tanks with DIN and INT-adapters.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“4 Fun 4 Passion 4 Adventure 4 Dreams Come True!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We can truly recommend 4Fundiving-Bali. Having just completed our open water course we were very new to diving. Jrene and her team made us feel at ease and comfortable straight away. We did four dives with them in three locations. The knowledge, attention to detail and professionalism was excellent throughout. We were made to feel very relaxed and enjoyed the personal touch. The underwater world that we were able to explore was fantastic. The highlights of swimming with Hawk Bill Turtles and White Tip Reef Sharks was matched by the beautiful unspoilt corals of amazing colour and a myriad of fish in all colours and sizes. The wreck of USS Liberty showed us just how much life could be supported in such a concentrated area. A huge thank you to Jrene, Kerstin and Astrid for making dreams come true and for making our honeymoon that bit more special! :)

Visited July 2013

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't go wrong with 4Fundiving-Bali”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I had a great experience getting my open water diving certificate at 4fundiving. So glad I ended up going with Jrene's diving shop. One of the main reasons I chose 4fundiving was her kind offer to bring along my husband who is already certified, to my open dives for extra support and comfort. I thought that was very considerate of her. When I met Jrene, I felt her kindness and calmness right away. She made us feel totally welcomed. She is very passionate about diving which is a great bonus. She is also very knowledgeable and is able to make you feel challenged and supported at the same time. I was the only one doing my certificate and I was so lucky to have Jrene's undivided attention. Extra bonus was Jrene's assistants Kirsten and Astrid who were so friendly and very cool. One night after our dives, my husband and I hanged out for a while with Jrene and got to hear some Jrene’s great stories. There are not to be missed!!! There are not many people on this planet I would want to be 18 meters below the sea level with, but true to be told-I am so glad it was Jrene who was there holding my hand for the first time. And you were right Jrene-I will always remember you! All the best!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kristina B
Zurich, Switzerland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Swiss precision”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

There is not much to add the all the other good reviews.
I hadn't been in the water for quite a long time and didn't feel comfortable when diving again in South East Asia UNTIL I dove with Jrene. Her professionalism and patience was just what I needed to gain the confidence to continue SCUBA diving all around the world. Since those dives I've visited several countries and did some diving there but only the US-Americans offer diving at a similar level. (but at a higher price;-))

Highly recommended if you are not on a very tight South-East-Asia-Backpacker-Budget.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kirk_Hammett
Melbourne, VIC
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Excellent dive instruction”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I cannot recommend 4Fundiving & Irene highly enough! Our family of 4 enjoyed 5 sessions with Irene and her two lovely assistants (Kirsten & Astrid) - had a great time, well looked after with excellent tuition! We enjoyed 4 dives over 2 days; also a pool instruction session. Mum & Dad already had dive certificates; 12yr old completed his Open Water dive certificate with Irene's excellent tuition; 10yr old also had his first introductory dive even though we had initially planned only snorkeling!

Irene was careful, methodical, happy to adapt to individual requests, very informative & responsible.

My 12 year old son did his open water dive certificate; Irene spoke slowly & carefully with him; informative with a heavy emphasis on safety.

We planned only snorkeling for my 10 year old son; after 3 days he had his first introductory dive - amazing! After pool instruction came the first dive; he struggled with mask issues, they tried 3 times to overcome but then sensibly abandoned. Irene coached him through his disappointment. Next day after more training he tried again - success! - he was comfortably adjusting his mask underwater during the dive. Great for his confidence, learning and life experience. He said "she will always respect if you're not comfortable".

Family diving was amazing - memories we share and will always treasure. Dives at nearby Bloo Lagoon & Jepun were good. Talumben wreck dive was amazing - coral, fish & swim-throughs in parts. You choose carefully when you entrust your children to a dive instructor; I had full confidence in Irene and her masterful instruction.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CM67Melb
Little Switzerland, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Swiss quality diving in Bali”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

With Jrene you can't go wrong!! What is most impressive is her Swissness (Punctual, excellent equipment, high safety standards and professional know-how) mixed with a tinge of Asian flexibility. With her around, you will get to see a lot of things from the local perspective. You feel very much at ease the moment she takes over the diving organisation. At all times we felt very well cared for, all we had to do was enjoy.... Thanks Jrene for a memorable diving experience!!

-A + R Yeo