Novotel Suites Paris Velizy
Mercure Paris Velizy Hotel(Velizy-Villacoublay)
US$115
US$112
  • Pool
Ibis Budget Velizy(Velizy-Villacoublay)
US$52
US$50
Ibis Styles Paris Velizy(Velizy-Villacoublay)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Paris Velizy(Velizy-Villacoublay)
US$113
getaroom.com
US$139
ibis Paris Meudon Velizy(Meudon-la-Foret)(Great Value!)
US$76
Agoda.com
Forest Hill Meudon-Velizy(Meudon-la-Foret)
US$108
US$101
All reviewsrooms are spaciousfree parkingstay overnightincluding fruitnovotel suitespractical choicecontinental style breakfastanyone who wantsreasonable rangethe hotel is cleanminute walkhuge shopping mallnice staybusiness travelnespresso machinebusiness hotelgood size
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a few days. Easy to find when coming from the right way as road signs are only visible from one side. Room was very nice and quiet. Bathroom with tub and separate shower. Free wifi and VOD. Snacks are way too expensive. Internet is said to be broadband but it is extremely slow...but free. I bought Orange access to go faster. Vezily2 shopping is not far but u need to walk around far due to road works. Will come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I shall not go into too much detail about this hotel again, as I think I have covered that sufficiently in my last 2 reviews of this hotel.

Suffice to say, the staff are still excellent, the internet connection is still shoddy (sorry!), but the reason I wanted to submit another review is to share with everyone that the corridors and indeed rooms have been updated and now look very modern, and yes... impressive.

The layout of the rooms has not changed, but all the fittings have changed, new furniture, electrical fittings, carpets, curtains, bed linen etc, and the corridors outside the rooms have also been renovated. There is no change to the bathroom etc, but these don't really need changing.

I have attached some photos of the renovated rooms to this review so that you can see for yourself (and feel free to compare with my older photos from earlier in the year).

(note my location rating below is for what I need... the hotel is excellently situated for my need, though if you are visiting Paris.. the location may be a tad far away)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Madspiral
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff. There are also all sorts of little things that made the stay enjoyable like the large tub and excellent water pressure in the shower, the big comfortable bed, the little 100% fruit snacks that they leave for you.

All in all my husband and I found our stay here comfortable and enjoyable.

Con: It is difficult to find. Best to have the cabdriver call the hotel to get directions.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Finding this hotel is a nightmare. I took a taxi from Paris Nord train station and after the taxi meter showed 45 euros the taxi driver was sure we were near the hotel, but could not see it. 5 minutes after that we could see the hotel but it took us 10-15 more minutes to reach there!!
The rooms are big and spacious, very nicely designed, the bed is comfortable. You get good amenities inside the room but there is no restaurant at the hotel, you need to go to the Velizy mall and there as well you may not find good options.
Now, about the horrible experience I had here. On the first night of chcekin, I had flown in from Sweden and was tired of all day long journey. In my sleep I could hear someone playing with the door, I ignored and slept on. After a while suddenly someone opened the door and rushed in!!! This was at around 12:30 midnight. I shouted, "Who is it"?? And the person said something in French and left. I was zapped. I called the reception and he said but sire, there is no one checked in to this room. Am I ghost talking to you? Next morning I checked with them and said the lady at the reception checked me into some other room so this room was shown empty which was offered to another guest, awful mistake! They returned one night money back to me when ideally they should have returned for the entire stay.

Room Tip: Just make sure the receptionist enters the correct room number and you should be ok. I was actually scared the next night assuming someone could break in any time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I know many people find Paris a difficult city to drive around, but the area round this hotel at the moment is at a whole different level. Road closures and rebuilding work mean that unless you know the area well it is a nightmare even finding the hotel. All the regular signs to the hotel are now directing you away. Tip - follow the tempory signs to Ikea and then just pray!
When you finally get into the hotel enclosure( which it shares with the Ibis Budget attached to it), dont be tempted to go into the underground car park, that too is being rebuilt and finding the lift is almost impossible with signage completely wrong. Oh, by the way the lift is also being re-modeled and is enclosed with plastic and ribbed rubber! What a mess.
Once finally in the hotel is ok, if a bit worn.Our room had badly stained carpet and most of the edging on the units torn away.
Rooms are a good size, bathrooms excellent.

Room Tip: Not one ajoining the Ibis as there is a large fan on the roof that makes a noise at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple