“Bring earplugs!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burlada
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bring earplugs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My Dad and I stayed here during San Fermin and it was fine for us. All hotels are expensive during this time but this was one of the "cheaper" ones. The worst part of the hotel was the fact it was SO noisy. We were next to the elevator and it made so much noise all night. You could also hear doors slamming and people walking around/talking. The room was clean and a good size. We walked into Pamplona city center most days and the walk was fine for us- around 25 minutes but an easy walk. There was a bus also. There was not much around the hotel so you would be better off eating in Pamplona. The owner guy (or manager?) was friendly but the one lady at the front desk was pretty clueless about basic questions.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the most basic hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in hundreds of hotels. Other than a bed, small bathroom, tiny TV, lights, and shelf that is the desk, there was nothing more in my room. The room was also very noisy as people would come and go to/from San Fermin and were very loud, and the space under the door allowed every noise to come right into the room.

Upon checking in I was told they did not have a room (reserved through Booking.com) and they told me I'd have to get to their other hotel on my own, not provide any confirmation that I in fact had a reservation there that they said was waiting for me, and was not going to compensate me for anything (not the cab fare just paid from bus station, not 1st night's rate as every other hotel in the world has done in this situation, and not even the bus fare to the other hotel). I told the woman for 10 minutes it was not acceptable and after a few phone calls and 10 minutes later she checked me in. Very poor experience.

I will say that if you are coming for Saan Fermin and want to not over pay for a hotel in Pamplona, the location of this hotel is good as it is a 30 minute walk and there are frequent busses steps away from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SteveSilbar

Travellers are raving about these Burlada hotels

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

a 2 star hotel - close to Pamplona, but not in the center of town. We happened upon it by accident - after dark on a day when it was snowing. We were cold and tired. We also weren't expecting much from this hotel - but were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, somewhat spartan, but quite satisfactory. The mattress was REALLY comfortable - and it was nice to have a single double bed between the two of us after plenty of Spanish hotels masquerading twin beds pushed together as a double. Reception was friendly, helpful, and multilingual. I consider this hotel a real find.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Toront
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

So many times we worry about the room - I am travelling I am out of the room. Hotel Burlada offered a quaint room - small - two queen beds and a bunk bed. The room was tight but we didn't do more than sleep in there. It was clean and tidy and when you are in Burlada for the bull run in Pamplona it is the best deal in town. A short ride on the bus ($6.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids) to the festivities. Walking distance to basic needs stores - fruit, bakery and drug store. But what is more important to us as travellers are the people. Hotel Burlada has wonderful people. The restaurant served wonderful food and the staff were always pleasant and polite. An excellent hotel and I look forward to my next trip there.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TranqilAtKosSt n
HamiltonNZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed two nights and first impressions were good.
My room was on the top floor, had a private balcony (great for drying clothes) and was a good size.
Reception and cleaning staff were lovely.

However, I had the most dreadful sleeps. The mattress was ancient. Just by placing your hands on the mattress you could feel the springs. I would have slept on the floor if it wasn't for the ants crawling around.

Also, the walls were very thin. You could hear TV's very clearly.

Its about a 4km walk from the Hotel to the city wall of Pamplona.
There are a couple of supermarkets around the place and some good bakeries.

I got this Hotel at a great price but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Clean but basic, perfect for a few nights to get some sleep and to have as a base to explore from. Easy access via bus to and from centre, it is near enough to travel and far enough to get some peace and rest. I would recommend for a group of friends but not for a romantic break. Staff were helpful and recommended some good places to eat nearby. We did not eat at the hotel so can't comment.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Spalding, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is a few miles from the centre of Pamplona - probably a good place to be as you can get away from the chaos & carnage of San Fermin !
Service on reception was good & the room more than adequate.
The café however appeared to be a bit hit & miss...service not great when we were there.

Easy enough to get into the centre of Pamplona via the regular buses.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlada
Hotel AH San Fermin Pamplona
#5 of 37 in Pamplona
Sercotel Leyre
Sercotel Leyre
#12 of 37 in Pamplona

Been to Hotel Burlada? Share your experiences!