Having looked at a map, and seeking a good price on a hotel near Barcelona, we booked a stay at the AS Llobregat. Due to the problems we found, in the end we chose to move to a different hotel and were very happy with that.
Modern hotel, nice and helpful staff, easy WiFi access, easy for a stopover traveling into Barcelona if only for 1 night, pretty cheap
- It's a truck stop/rest stop. So no town is within easy walking distance, there are few local people nearby, and the area is not pretty to look at.
- There are transient folks all day and night in and around the hotel lobby (hitch hikers, shady truck drivers, etc), making it seem a little unsafe.
- To get to the hotel one must be traveling on the correct highway moving towards Barcelona. If one tries to reach the hotel when leaving Barcelona, it is necessary to take 2 separate toll roads to turn back traveling on the same highway. For that expect to shell out about 5 Euro to reach the front door of the hotel (I did ask the desk clerk about what she did, and her method was to park behind the rest stop on the other side of the highway, and walk the rest of the route, through the streets, over the overpass, to the hotel). That was not a bad option had we been in a different situation, but not really possible for us with heavy luggage, or particularly safe for our 2-year old to walk through the traffic areas near the rest stop).
- It is a truck stop near the highway, so there is a fair amount of traffic noise.
- The only food nearby is rest-stop food.
- Not accessible by train/metro/public transportation.
If I had known that this was a truck stop I would never have booked there.
- Also Known As:
- AS Llobregat Province Of Barcelona/Castellbisbal