We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mutxamel
Bonalba Golf Resort & Spa
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our 6 year old twins judge a holiday by how good the pool is. This was a great holiday! We felt the location was too isolated and nothing really in walking distance (except for the excellent seafood restaurant at the top of the road). We did not have a car and took the taxi into El Campanello. The food is average, but at least the breakfast buffet was included. It was relaxing and we had a good time, but it was not memorable enough for a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank A G

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I went to the Hotel Bonalba Alicante with two friends for a long weekend in July and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

On arrival, the reception was well air conditioned, bright and impressive; the staff friendly and efficient. The rooms seemed newly decorated, clean, spacious and well equipped (not much of a view to our two rooms, but you can request a pool view at an additional charge if that is important to you).

I think I was surprised to find we weren't near to any beach or sea at all, although it didn't matter in the least as the pool was gorgeous with padded sun loungers and bucket chairs, lots of tables and umbrellas.

I was concerned at an incident which happened at the pool whilst we were there. A 4 year old girl decided to chase her rubber ring from the shallow children's pool into the adult's pool and she literally sank. Her mother was watching from the other side of the pool and was shouting wildly to the lifeguard and to people who were nearer to where her daughter was struggling, but no one could hear her because the music on that side was quite loud. Fortunately, one of the hotel staff realised what was happening and got to the little girl in time. The lifeguard apologised and explained she hadn't heard what was happening because of the music - I was therefore astonished when the music was not subsequently turned down, although a plastic cordon was put across the stretch of water linking the adult pool to the children's. I know a lot of people will think the safety of the child was primarily down to the mother and I agree, but after such a nasty shock I really think the music should have been turned down in recognition of what had just happened.

I am vegetarian and the food was a bit disappointing for me as an all inclusive guest. Although there was always plenty of fresh salad and veg and fruit, I don't think I ate anything different at any meal-time other than breakfast, as there just wasn't any option or variety, not even pasta or pizza. Once I finally got to speak to the chef, he was happy to make me some pasta - that was on our last evening. Breakfast was yummy though - lots of omelette, beans and pastries!

The drinks were excellent - really good quality beer, wine and spirits. The service was a bit slow and the bar staff didn't seem very cheerful which was a shame.

There wasn't much by way of evening entertainment but that didn't matter to us. There were lots of cyclists there, there appeared to be some kind of cycling centre right opposite or maybe it was even part of the complex. I think there was a kids club through July and August too, which seemed good. We also liked the fact that there were lots of different nationalities staying.

If you are looking for a high quality, peaceful break in the sunshine - or a golfing or cycling holiday - then this is a great find; I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is a very modern hotel. The rooms are clean but very 'standard'. When we went in December the bar was closed at lunchtime, Dinner in the evening was good but very cold. The hotel itself was cold. The room television had no English channels. In terms of things to do this is a very isolated hotel with nothing to do around it except for golf. As a golfing holiday with the evenings spent in the bar it is probably ideal but otherwise not a lot to recommend it for the general tourist particularly off season.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We played 5 times whilst staying @ the Bonalba Hotel just down the road & although our tour was later this year, the course itself was quite acceptable.Any golf course in October will have some greenkeeping work going on and there was a considerable amount of sanding and greenside maintenance in process - it would have been nice of the greenkeeping staff to have switched off their mowing machines whilst we were putting - but maybe thats too much to expect! One or two of the greens did have quite large bare patches in places which will need to have further re-seeding or re-turfing completed. The layout of the holes is both demanding & varied with water coming into play on several and the par 5's require good drives and good 2nd shots to stand a chance of hitting the greens in regulation. Considering our groups ages (from 64 to 80+) and H/caps range (from 13 to 28) all players enjoyed their golf with some very good scores being returned. We had booked buggies prior to playing and this turned out to be essential for our less mobile members - but I would describe the course as gently sloping and no problem for most golfers. The staff in the pro-shop/caddie-master & clubhouse were very helpfull - and following each of our daily rounds we enjoyed a tasty lunch/drink. It was also great to be able to leave our clubs with the caddie master and not have to haul them back to our hotel each day. All in all a very enjoyable weeks golf where we were looked after very well by all at the Golf Club - had it not been for the below par quality greens I would have rated the Course/Club as 5 star.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank John E
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I booked to play at the golf club for the second year in a row as part of our annual company away day. We paid in advance (as we did last year) and received a receipt for this after requesting one numerous times. When our group arrived at the golf club they were told that there was no record of the booking and were made to pay again.

I have contacted the golf club 12 times since the beginning of July requesting they refund the €740 they took from my credit card for the advanced payment. I have provided them with proof that we paid twice and received an email advising they would look in to the matter and come back to me. This was in July and apart from an email telling me the person I have been dealing with is on holiday all contact made with the golf club has been ignored.

Am incredibly disappointed with the poor service, they made a mistake but I have lost money? The service we received last year was absolutely fine but based on this experience we won't be returning on our next trip.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We have the benefit of friends owning an apartment/townhouse at Bonalba Golf Club. We enjoyed the residential facilities, including pool etc very much. Everything was clean and the golf course was very good (we don't play ourselves, but it looked nice and people told us so).
The service of Spa on the contrary, did not impress me at all. I booked for a full body massage, the masseur showed up in time, did not introduce himself, there was no welcome and did not communicate with me at all. Did not ask if I had any specific requirements for my massage, no word was spoken from the minute I laid down on the bench until I left.
The front desk was poorly managed. At first when I arrived, one desk was busy serving people who wanted to enter the pool area at one desk. The other reception (which was for the treatment guests) was not operated at all.
In the end I had to grad some staff person passing by, to tell I had an appointment, and then he showed me the way to the spa area. After finishing the massage, the masseur just send me out of the room, with no instructions at all about payment procedure, or where to pay. I went out, to the reception area. The reception was empty except for the receptionist who was talking in the phone, totally ignoring me. From her gestures and my little understanding of Spanish, this was not a business talk.
She never looked at me, thee was no "please just a minute", no - she talked and talked for 5 minutes, I took my money out, tried to get her attention, but she never looked at me. After about 10 minutes, I asked if I could pay, she still did not look at me, but finished the conversation after a short while. Then she questioned the price (which was agreed upon by the reservation), did not manage the computer system and I had to wait for someone else to help her.
The person who assisted her, a young man, was very friendly and helpful.
Then I asked for the price for entering the pool area, she told med it would cost 10 Euro.
Later the assistant informed me that entrance was for free after receiving a full body massage.

Next day, when we were about to leave the premises, we delivered the keys for the house at the reception desk, the same story. We (there was several to deliver keys there) waited for ages while staff was busy with putting bracelets on other guest entering the pool area. They could easily have split up and served both receptions, they were at least 3-4 workers there.
The ones behind the spa reception was busy talking in the phones, and ignored us waiting for delivering keys. Only after I politely asked if we please could be allowed to deliver our keys, did one of them finish the phone.

Very unorganized, not very friendly or helpful. Even a short customer service course would have helped here, it is all about attitude!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank HeidiSitara
Reviewed 24 January 2007

Alicante Spa + Golf Resort, My husband and I wanted some Winter Sun, I needed to relax and switch off but he didn't want to get bored and we like the independance of self catering.
We found this place and it was perfect ... He played golf almost every day and even tried "paddle tennis" - a mix of squash and tennis, I could enjoy the indoor spa area - pool, superb jacuzzi and sauna. The massages were bliss too. We had a lovely apartment - spacious and really well equiped - even with a washing machine. But we've spotted lovely houses on the same site with gardens for the next trip and they'll be even better in the summer.
Alicante is a very lively town, and only a short drive away, there's also a couple of smaller beach resorts close to the resort. But even on site there are bars and places to eat, with a lively atmosphere - so you can stay put too.
We're definitely going back, and hopefully with a group of friends.

Stayed: December 2006
7  Thank GolfersUnited
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mutxamel
Hotel Bonalba
Melia Alicante
#3 of 50 in Alicante
Els Estels
#1 of 1 in Mutxamel

Been to Bonalba Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!