“A place of beauty and relaxation...”
other travellers have booked this property
The pool more pool
En-suite bedroom with balcony
Bedroom 2 with terrace
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
Piazza in Village - a good place for a coffee to watch world go by
Main bathroom
Shower 1
Shower 2
Lounge
Local countryside
Dining room
Local Ski resort at Passo Lanciano
Hammock - perfect for a lazy afternoon
Pool at dusk
Fruit found in garden
View
View of the 'mother Maiella'
Local countryside
New kitchen
More new kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
NAZANIN T
Kent, United Kingdom
“A place of beauty and relaxation...”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

I found this little treasure online and I have to say that it more than exceeded my expectations. A group of us stayed here for a week for a getaway and picked this place largely because of it's location, views from the accommodation and interior design and facilities.

The house is only a short drive from the mountains where we spent quite a few days skiing. The equipment is easy to hire at the ski resort and really reasonably priced. The days spent skiing were really enjoyable as we would ski, drink hot chocolate, and generally have fun in the day then come back to a cosy house, put the fire on and relax, or head out for dinner and drinks at one of the lovely local Italian restaurants. There are some great local pizza places and a lovely restaurant called 'la grotta' which served some of the best food I've ever tasted....and I've dined out alot!

Although not quite summer yet we ventured out to the beach and surrounding town which is also a short drive away (I think about 20 minutes). There is much to explore if that is what you wish to do. The area is truly beautiful.

The house itself was wonderful, built and decorated to a high spec, and catered for our needs for the week. The surrounding Italian hilly views from the house were just gorgeous and I found myself sitting in the gardens admiring them. The pool looked great however it wasnt the weather to enjoy it. I would suspect this house would be a good break away both in summer and winter.

The owner was accommodating and offered his advice on things to do, places to go. The locals were polite and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this place to those looking for a break in Italy in either winter or summer as the location caters for all seasons.

mcsims
Pozzuoli, Italy
“Beautiful villa in a peaceful country setting”
Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We - three families with young children - just returned from a long weekend stay in this lovely villa. Everyone enjoyed playing in the snow and skiing in the nearby resorts and then gathering in the evening in front of the fireplace for playing games and enjoying the local wines. The owner was great with answering questions and providing recommendations about the local area. The caretaker was prompt and professional at our arrival and departure, as well as when we needed some additional services. Good value for the property and location. Great weekend!

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
jaygajjar...
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful house with stunning views that is perfect any holiday”
Reviewed 11 November 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

This holiday home was truly amazing. It sits quietly in the Italian countryside and is conveniently located close to the beach and lake. Having travelled over winter, the house was warm and sheltered the outside chill; yet, stepping out onto the balcony/terrace in the morning was the perfect way of taking in the morning sunshine and watching the frost-cover grass glisten in the light. The house is large, homely and incredibly clean. I would highly recommend it for all holidaymakers and very much look forward to going again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Paul-turn...
Westerham, United Kingdom
“Sorry I used so much fire wood”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Submitting a late review of my time at this villa. First visited for a week in September 12 to enjoy the sun, then celebrated new year 2013/14 and a further week in March 14 skiing the local mount Rosso. I adore the villa and the beautiful scenery, and the local food and wine. It was great buying local produce to cook in the villa, but opted to eat out mostly as the local pizza place is top notch and the more fancy restaraunt 'la grotta' is superb, try the chingali (wild pig balls I think). I suspect most people would visit for the summer but I must recommend the period between November and March, as the days were spent skiing and evenings relaxing in front of the open log fire watching the selection of movies and box sets. The villa offers good value for money and the travel is easy from Stanstead Airport. There are many gems to be found here but I suggest you speak to the English owner Paul who knows many of them so you can make the most of your stay. He is very helpful. Planning to return a fourth time soon

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Berliner...
Berlin, Germany
“Beautiful escape”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Beautiful land house in the back up area of the abruzzo adria. The pool was very nice and handy, because the way to the sea takes about an hour.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Freunden
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Don G
Rochester, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We LOVED the villa!! The building structure and details are spectacular. The people in San Martino were extremely kind and helpful despite the language barrier (especially Silvio from the small bed and breakfast and pizzeria in the middle of San Martino). We visited several beautiful little towns and villages in Abruzzo and found the villa to be in an excellent location for day trips. We also spent a few days at the beach in Pescara and Francavilla and that was about a 45 minute ride. We got around in Guardiagrelle quite a bit too which is a great place to sightsee and eat. In short, the property was just what we were looking for. As soon as we got back to Rome we missed the quiet, peaceful setting of San Martino.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Niclucey
“Lovely relaxing escape :)”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 for a stay in November 2012

We stayed here June 2012, had to put November as the dates didn't go back long enough. I forgot to write the review. Better late than never eh. My family, my partner, aunt and uncle and I all went to this villa for a good old catch up. The place is absolutely gorgeous and I would recommend it to anybody who wanted a holiday away from it all. The views are spectacular and the villa has been renovated to a very high standard. All the rooms are decorated very sympathetically with old original features being kept. The outside features are stunning with the pool looking on to the fabulous views. We also loved the hammock. It was an extremely good find for us and a big thanks to Paul who made the whole booking process very easy.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;