“Just okay hotel with a great oceanfront location”

Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Edgewater, Maryland
“Just okay hotel with a great oceanfront location”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a fine stay and the hotel itself is just okay. The rooms are decent but nothing special. Very small bathroom with shower that leaked into the hallway. Nice view of the ocean and we did not have an oceanfront room. Nice bar downstairs. Decent prices for food. Do not expect luxury or top notch service and you will be okay. The location to the beach was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mollymee66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I had been told this hotel was an older hotel, but all the rooms are updated as well as the lobby. Most important factor for me is that a hotel and especially its rooms are extremely clean. This hotel met my standards. The hotel is right on the beach and in a great location just north of Palm Beach.

1 Thank TAT1997
Titusville, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a near by wedding. Everything was very nice. Great staff and great price point for on the beach! The hotel pool and hot tub was very nice. Hotel is direct ocean front. My husband and I walked down to the inlet. Very safe area. Beautiful location.

3 Thank Candi N
Smyrna, Ga, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel was old and in need of some updating as far as the rooms go. The rooms and public areas of the hotel were clean. The bar staff was extremely slow and didn't impress with their skills or friendliness. The food (especially for breakfast) was good but very overpriced. Other than that it was a good trip.

4 Thank AUTigers77
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was not going to write a post on here but since I ALWAYS use trip advisor I felt it kind of an obligation AND since I do not seem to be getting anywhere with HILTON I wanted to let you all know my experience here. My husband and I stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary November 8th (2013) - November 11th, very short stay, very little money to have went anyway and LOTS of time saving to get from Ohio to West Palm Beach!!!!! There is construction going on around the pool area so that "ocean view" via pool side is a plywood scenery and everything is pushed together around the pool. BUT that's small potatoes.....on our last evening there was construction in the room right next door to us - ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banging, clanging, doors slamming!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to be up at 5:45 to catch our plane home and didn't sleep AT ALL. I got on the Hilton site and let them know (oh yeah, the lady at the front desk confirmed that there was indeed construction in that room ALL NIGHT long and was as appalled as we are), they said it's their "policy" to let each place try to handle their own. I receive a message from someone at the Singer Island Hotel who offered me a FREE 2 night stay.....REALLY?? I live in Ohio - it took me years to save to get there this time....when will I ever get to go back and take them up on their so generous offer???? I have emailed them back probably 10 times and let them know this and to see if we could get a 2 night stay here in Ohio, but they do not care to acknowledge my emails!!!!! SOOOO - now I'm writing on here! I thought Hilton was a first class name??? I'm not finding that to be true and am VERY disappointed in this entire ordeal!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure there's no construction being done in the room right beside yours all throughout the n...
4 Thank dkdeltadawn
Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

On my 4th day of staying there, they started doing construction on the floor that I was staying on. I come to my hotel room to find the door open and construction folk walking around (all my stuff is still in my room strewn about!). I'm pretty mad at this point so I go talk to the manager. The manager said that there were multiple breakdowns on their part and that I wasn't supposed to be on that floor. Obviously. They comped my four nights of staying there and I immediately checked out. Besides that...the day before this all happened, I came to my room after a long day's work and found that they hadn't cleaned the room. So I had to ask them to come and clean my room while I went to eat at their bar/restaurant. So I go to eat food while they clean the room. The bar tender was the worst. He left a giant plate of eaten appetizers sitting right next to me. Took him 10 minutes to offer me a refill on my beer. The calamari was super greasy and rubbery. It was easy to see that service is not what this hotel is about, which is a shame since they're in the service industry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Matt S
George I, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We want to once again apologize for the missteps in service you encountered while at our hotel. We know how important providing consistent service is for all guests and in your case we did not accomplish that. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right before leaving our hotel.
Palm Coast, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent choice and great value. great room service, the food arrived on time, hot, and well presented. Our room was fresh, clean and all amenities were first rate. Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to utilize the pool or beach, as it was a very stormy two days. However, both appeared clean and well maintained. The lounge was not crowded and was very quiet. We were able to have a private conversation without noise intrusion or any disruptions at all. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Albert P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!