This was my second and probably my last time I would ever go to this Marriott on Singer Island.
I recently visited this hotel with my family of three this summer along with my sister and her family of two. I cant even find one bad thing to say about this hotel's service until a real emegency occured and they were extremely unprepared.I mean if it was not for the grace of god and my brother in law my husband and my eighteen year old daughter would be dead today.Unfortunately they got caught by the reef and were drowning, after noticing that they were missing we went looking for them and noticed they were barely keeping afloat while trying to flag us for help.
I started running for help like a crazy chicken with its head cut off and for the life of me I could not find anyone in site, meanwhile my brother-in-law had gone in and said to call an ambulance.
With no lifegaurd on duty I tried to get any staff member from the hotel to get help, barely standing on my feet terrified of whats to come,I felt like I was going into circles, frantic.
Finally someone at the bar saw me and said to the bartender I think she needs help and to call 911, a while after someone from the hotel came with a emergency kit by that time someone helped my brother in law bring my daughter and husband in from the water but my husband was barely breathing and I asked if they had an oxygen mask and they said no we have to wait for the ambulance which also took forever, at that point all of the hotel staff was standing around trying to make out what could have gone wrong.I was shocked. This was probably the worst experience in my life, I felt so helpless and scared, the thought of almost losing your loved one is terrifying.I would not wish it on my worst enemy.Thank god they assured me that my husband would be ok but because he took in so much water they would need to take him in for further monitoring, I ran upstairs to change and go to the hospital and left my kids with my sister, my daughter was just quite and happy to be alive, I was so scared she would be traumatized but the whole situation could have been so much worse we all tried to focus on the positive. Unfortunately my husband was hospitalized and got out the next day. I have to say with all that was going on I didnt have time to stop and see if the hotel had any remorse for what could of happened but apparantely they came to the room to put some bandages on my brother in law and my daughter because the reef kind of cut them up, when they came out of the water they looked like edward scissor hand, my daughter may have scars for life on her thighs than they took the report and left and we never heard from them again, not even to check on my husband.
Are you kidding me, 2 guest of your hotel almost lose thier lifes and you dont even have the descency to call and check to see if they are ok, no apologys, no free breakfast on us or dinner or maybe one free nite because you had to spend it in the hospital. Wow, no acknowledgement whatsover. "POOR POOR POOR CUSTOMER SYMPATHY AND SERVICE". at the end of the day true that they had that sign about swimming at your own risk but I hold them resposible for not informing us of the current water conditions at that time, the board was empy with nothing on it but all of a sudden it appeared the second day, obviously they fumbled and tried to rectify it before anyone else got hurt. If you have kids, if you dont know how to swim and if you love life stay away from this hotel, they have no respect for the human life, otherwise they would invest in a lifeguard, and be quicker to respond to an emergency, any emergency for this matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated oceanfront between Jupiter and Palm Beach on Florida's famed Gold Coast; Marriott's newest condominium resort is set amidst the aquamarine waters and the glistening sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our condominium hotel has upgraded room amenities and full kitchens, breathtaking views, and plenty of activities to keep everyone in the family happy. Relax at one of our two pools, spend a day at our signature Spa, play on the beach, or take part in the extraordinary shopping and dinning of Palm Beach, the choices are all yours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort And Spa
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Hotel Singer Island
- Hotel Singer Island Florida
- Singer Island Resort
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa Florida