Amazing breakfast, great location, very hospitable and friendly staff. Rooms neat and clean. Lots of old world feel, which comes with very creaky stairs, floors and LOW ceilings. Restaurant downstairs filled with locals (more upscale dining). Across the street, behind the other, affiliated hotel, is a great picture point on the lake with beautiful swans. NOT much to do in this area of Switzerland. More of just a great place to stop on the way to somewhere else. Medieval axes, swords in lobby and something about the owner being a prince. Somewhat of a museum. He's onsite often. Nice, quiet older man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Typically Swiss The quaint Swiss-Chalet Bed & Breakfast, a wooden house built in the 17th century in a typical Swiss farmhouse style, offers a special atmosphere. Low ceilings, a lot of wood and creaky beams are an experience which you otherwise find in the lofty heights of the mountains. We offer you free parking spaces at the large parking area on the opposite side of the street. Both restaurant and bar are located in the same building. There we serve as well the breakfast from 06.00 – 10.00 o’clock. Check-in & Check out will be in the Schloss-Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Swiss Chalet Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Hotel Merlischachen
- Swiss Chalet Lodge Switzerland/Merlischachen