“Locals Bar”

Cuisines: Spanish
Description: Traditional andalusian Spanish tapas restaurant
Description: Traditional andalusian Spanish tapas restaurant
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When I go on holiday I would much rather mix with the locals and this was a Great little bar to do this, it also served great Tapas and delicious Rioja. Very friendly. I will be back.

1  Thank Christine R

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Like other people we stumbled upon this gem whilst wandering around. We firstly sat and had a drink but once we saw the food the other people were eating we decided to eat there ourselves. The food was heavenly and the portions very good and all know all a very reasonable price. It was so good that we ended up going 3 times in our one week holiday!! This place is a must for real Spanish Tapas and Atmosphere!! My personal faves were the Gambon Planchas and the Musilitos!!

1  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is one of those delightful, little tucked away places you stumble upon by accident. It's a real taste of Spain with a great ambiance and is popular with locals and visitors alike. It's very close to the main streets of Arroyo de la Miel and is no distance at all. Check it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed! I think you'll love it!

Reviewed 4 December 2012

after a somewhat bad start to the day of schlepping up to tivoli world to go on the cable car, only to have the day ruined by strong winds and bad customer service, we found ourselves close to this establishment that I'd spotted on TA earlier. off we went, and eventually found it tucked down the alley. the between the owner's not great english and my AWFUL spanish we got a few coffee's ordered and 4 plates of tapas.
REALLY tasty, (meatballs, gambas pil-pil, chicken skewers and a kind of sausage in tomato sauce) some of the best tapas we had on the trip, and also the cheapest - 10€ for a nice lunch for 2 and a toddler

2  Thank Ali-Bee1975
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I have been to this bar on numerous occasions on each visit (3) this year. I stumbled on it I've had here last year and found the staff the best I have come across in any bar, restaurant or hotel in the area. They are extremely friendly as are the fellow Spanish customers. It s decor is authentic as are the tapas served with everything we had to on two occasions turn down more food as we had been eating there all afternoon. There was not one dish I could suggest you try as they were all excellent and plentiful. We did feel guilty having free tapas so ordered some food as well which at 3 Euro's a dish was exceptional value. It is a must to visit when near the station. The bar is situated down a side alley which if you are coming from the train station turn right across the zebra crossing and walk straight ahead the bar is on the right.
One of the staff there Paco was extremely friendly and always attempted to explain what the food was even though he could speak English. He always greeted us with a smile and hand shake.
On one occasion we were entertained by a lady singing Spanish folk songs which again added to another great day.

5  Thank Renno2355